Author Topic: Inside the NBA  (Read 11150 times)

jbissell

• Space Champion!
Re: Inside the NBA
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 02:02:17 PM »
while reggie isn't funny, he's pretty good at calling the games on tnt or whatever. not to mention being one of the best SG ever in the NBA, the best 3 point shooter ever, and super clutch. i'll always have love for reggie.

And he will remain one of my top 5 most hated NBA players ever.

kray

• Policemans heel
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 03:09:41 PM »
while reggie isn't funny, he's pretty good at calling the games on tnt or whatever. not to mention being one of the best SG ever in the NBA, the best 3 point shooter ever, and super clutch. i'll always have love for reggie.

invoking strong emotion. it's good to be loved and hated i think.

curious, knicks fan?

kray

• Policemans heel
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 03:19:43 PM »

curious, knicks fan?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=463f9vIeO6E[/youtube]

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 03:51:31 PM »

curious, knicks fan?

Nope, Bulls. So I was never emotional destroyed by him like Knicks fans. But I still hate him.  My top 5 most hated would be Starks, Laimbeer, Ewing, Charles Smith, and Karl Malone.

kray

• Policemans heel
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 03:00:58 AM »

curious, knicks fan?

Nope, Bulls. So I was never emotional destroyed by him like Knicks fans. But I still hate him.  My top 5 most hated would be Starks, Laimbeer, Ewing, Charles Smith, and Karl Malone.

i like ya still. starks and ewing are bad.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 07:05:06 AM »
Remind me, how many titles didn't Reggie win? :)

Deep down I have to love him - used to go see him play at UCLA when I was a wee lad.

kray

• Policemans heel
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 02:22:33 PM »
Remind me, how many titles didn't Reggie win? :)

Deep down I have to love him - used to go see him play at UCLA when I was a wee lad.

he was darn close against the lakers. he could have joined the celtics team last year, but that would almost diminish the work he did in indiana.

jamesp

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 11:25:57 PM »

curious, knicks fan?

Karl Malone was a good player but apparently a horrible guy. He impregnated a 13 year old girl when he was a sophomore in college and has ignored his son. Hos son is Demetrius Bell, now an offensive lineman for the Buffalo Bills.

Here are some gems from Malone's wikipedia page about it:
"Malone challenged the court's ruling with regard to Bell, claiming that the judgment holding him responsible for $125 per week in child support, plus past and future medical expenses, was excessive."
"Bell's first and only meeting with Malone came shortly after Bell graduated from high school. According to Bell, Malone told him at that time that it was "too late" for them to have a father-son relationship and told him to never ask him for money."

jamesp

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 11:29:24 PM »

I understand the hate for Reggie, but he's part of one of my favorite Kramer moments ever on Seinfeld.

KRAMER: [comes in, subdued] Hey. [grabs a water from refrigerator]

JERRY: Hey, I thought you went to the game.

KRAMER: No. I was kicked out for fightin' with one of the players. [leaving]

JERRY: Wait. Way--way--way--way--way--way--wait! Who?!

KRAMER: [stops] W--Reggie Miller.

ELAINE: Cheryl Miller's brother?

KRAMER: Yeah. [leaving]

JERRY: Hey--hey--hey--wait, wait, wait, wait! What happened!

KRAMER: [stops again] Well, first of all, for some reason, they started the game an hour Late. And uh, I was sittin' next to Spike Lee an' he an' Reggie were jawin' at each other, so I guess I got involved. [leaving]

ELAINE: [same time as JERRY] --Wait, whoa--whoa--whoa--whoa!--

JERRY: Well--wait--wait--wait--wait! What do you mean "involved"?!

KRAMER: [stops again] Well I ran out onto the court an' threw a hot-dog at Reggie Miller. "Involved." And they threw me, and Reggie, and Spike out of the game.

ELAINE: So that's it?

KRAMER: Well I, well I, felt, pretty bad about everything an' uh, then the three of us, we went to a strip club. [leaves]

JERRY: Can you believe that?

ELAINE: I didn't know Cheryl Miller's brother played basketball.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2008, 10:28:15 AM »
Karl Malone was a good player but apparently a horrible guy.

Ah, that 18-wheeler-driving, Utah-living ass. I had a moment of conflict when both he and Payton signed with the Lakers (how can you root for a guy you've spent a solid 12 years hating?), and it was great to watch them lose in the Finals. It was as if order had been restored to the universe. So glad he retired without a championship, that big schlub.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2008, 06:12:13 PM »
Plus he deserves to fail for his career-long mangling of the English language.  A guy at my old work said he swore he'd heard Malone say he was going to "Momma the ball," as though the rest of us could understand what that meant.

So, of course, now I can't hear Karl Malone's name without thinking "Momma the ball."
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Son of Dorvid

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 03:34:01 AM »

What, I'm not saying that! 
You're the one thinking it!
Shame on YOU!

jamesp

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 11:44:37 AM »
Plus he deserves to fail for his career-long mangling of the English language.  A guy at my old work said he swore he'd heard Malone say he was going to "Momma the ball," as though the rest of us could understand what that meant.

So, of course, now I can't hear Karl Malone's name without thinking "Momma the ball."

I think they had a recurring Karl Malone character (played by Jimmy Kimmel) on the old Man Show with the same unintelligible quotes.

jed

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 03:48:45 PM »
Karl Malone was a good player but apparently a horrible guy.

Ah, that 18-wheeler-driving, Utah-living ass. I had a moment of conflict when both he and Payton signed with the Lakers (how can you root for a guy you've spent a solid 12 years hating?), and it was great to watch them lose in the Finals. It was as if order had been restored to the universe. So glad he retired without a championship, that big schlub.

Add to the list of reasons to hate 'the Mailman' that his Toyota dealership in New Mexico recieved so many complaints that the Attorney General went after it in 1999.
"My president is going to be one half Don West, one half the singer from Venom, thank you very much, good day sir!"

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2008, 11:07:54 PM »
Barkley, from the Times; pure magic.

NO KNICKS NATIONALLY Not a single Knicks games will be on TNT, ESPN or ABC this season, and that is fine with Charles Barkley.

“They haven’t earned the right to be on TV,” said TNT’s Barkley, during a news media gathering at the Time Warner Center in Manhattan.

Not even locally, on the MSG Network? “You’re walking a fine line,” he said.

There are 30 N.B.A. teams, and only 19 will be visible on TNT. The N.B.A. does not mandate the number of teams a network must show. That pleases Barkley, too.

“Why would I want to watch Minnesota play?” he said