Author Topic: What episode is this bit from?  (Read 4380 times)

Josh Fenderman

• Policemans heel
What episode is this bit from?
« on: October 20, 2006, 01:19:27 AM »
I'm trying to figure out what episode this was in... I don't remember who the caller was or the exact premise, but the basic idea was that Tom and the caller were talking about how they used to be in a band together.. or at least they had played music together or something, and talked about a lot of specific stuff from their past.

Then halfway through the caller claims that he thought he was talking to someone else.  Tom proceeds to go through all the specific stuff they talked about and the caller claims that all the same stuff happened with this other guy too.

If I remember correctly there's also a call with Philly Boy Roy (or maybe Bryce? I don't remember) where he falls down the stairs or something. 

This was the first episode I ever listened to.  At the time I had just heard the show was funny but didn't really know the deal, so I just assumed the calls were all real.  For me it was the perfect introduction because the whole first half of that call was totally believable and then they flip it around and take it to ridiculous lengths.  It was great being so invested in the call as a real call and then hearing it take that turn and just keep going. 

I'm trying to turn some friends on to the show and I'd love to point them to that episode (among others).

Any help is appreciated.

Jason

Re: What episode is this bit from?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 04:36:25 AM »
I can't find the show description in the archives but the falling down the stairs sounds like Kid Ebay, if it was then the archive would have been removed to stimulate sales of the cd that the Kid Ebay call appears on. Yeah, thanks a lot capitalism.
I'm sure somebody here has an mp3 of the call you're after.

bookem_dan-o

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 06:01:34 AM »
I'm trying to figure out what episode this was in... I don't remember who the caller was or the exact premise, but the basic idea was that Tom and the caller were talking about how they used to be in a band together.. or at least they had played music together or something, and talked about a lot of specific stuff from their past.

Then halfway through the caller claims that he thought he was talking to someone else.  Tom proceeds to go through all the specific stuff they talked about and the caller claims that all the same stuff happened with this other guy too.

That would be "Darren from Work", from the May 23, 2006 show.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 09:57:09 AM »

That would be "Darren from Work", from the May 23, 2006 show.

Available on ye olde "Hippy Justice".
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Josh Fenderman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 12:11:52 PM »
Thanks for the replies!  It's not the Darren from Work episode.  I just realized that I actually first heard the Best Show on the Sound of Young America... it was the episode from Nov 12, 2005 where Jesse plays clips from one of Tom's CDs.  I'm guessing it's one of those shows that got taken out of the archives because it's being sold on CD.

Josh Fenderman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 12:24:30 PM »
Just to clarify, the bit I was looking for is a call with Darren from Work but it's not THAT call with Darren from Work (May 23, 2006). I'm not sure what episode it's from but it has to be from before Nov 2005.

John Junk

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 02:37:39 PM »
Asskite, you are totally high maintenence. 

Josh Fenderman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 02:53:24 PM »
Does this thread make my ass look fat?  You can be honest. I won't get upset.

PS - I fly kites with my ass. 

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 03:32:36 PM »
I don't beleive you. Post video.

Josh Fenderman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 03:46:25 PM »
Videos are coming soon. 

I lost my most recent footage so I need to reshoot.  I tried to get fancy and attach the camera to the kite.  It was actually going pretty well but I lost grip of the whole thing and off she went.  When the rope burns on my taint calm down a bit I'm heading back out for some more action.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 04:26:45 PM »
Goatse?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!