Author Topic: Control  (Read 1953 times)

Turf Out

• Achilles bursitis
Control
« on: June 12, 2008, 02:07:04 PM »
I just watched 'Control' last night. I thought of Call-Screener Mike (i think that's his name) when Ian cracked a Smile while watching Stroszek.

harris

Re: Control
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 02:12:41 PM »
did you like it? i thought samantha morton was really annoying  but i guess she was supposed to be. im not the biggest joy division fan, ive never understood how they got so big.........well in a cult sense.

Turf Out

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 02:18:10 PM »
did you like it? i thought samantha morton was really annoying  but i guess she was supposed to be. im not the biggest joy division fan, ive never understood how they got so big.........well in a cult sense.

i thought it was ok. i'm not a very big fan either.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 02:29:39 PM »
i AM a big fan, and i enjoyed the film. was happy that it was pretty faithful - the line "they are from manchester, except for one of them who is from salford.. a critical distinction" is from tony wilson, peace be upon him.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

A.M. Thomas

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 04:09:32 PM »
I mostly loved it.

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 05:11:16 PM »
I want to see 24-hour Party People but that shit is NEVER on any TV channel - even HBO and Showtime.  And I am NOT joining Netflix.  I watch too much already.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 05:19:28 PM »
I want to see 24-hour Party People but that shit is NEVER on any TV channel - even HBO and Showtime.  And I am NOT joining Netflix.  I watch too much already.

Cough.
http://joox.net/cat/2/id/3264
Cough.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 09:34:40 PM »

Cough.
http://joox.net/cat/2/id/3264
Cough.

Good Lord!  Thanks, Samirallahasee.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 10:43:36 PM »
Samir, you are a resourceful man.

I had to share this coincidence -- I was just (like half an hour before clicking the link above) looking at a design book that featured the logo and identity of Pathe!, whose logo artfully graces the screen at the beginning of said video. Well, ahem, anyway, I was kind of taken by this coincidence.