Author Topic: Saxondale  (Read 2287 times)

JP

• Achilles bursitis
Saxondale
« on: November 06, 2006, 10:56:23 PM »
I just got BBC america and saw this, i've seen about 15 minutes but I like it so far.
1. My Prerogative - Bobby Brown
2. Every Rose Has Its Thorn - Poison
3. Straight Up - Paula Abdul
4. Miss You Much - Janet Jackson
5. I'll Be There For You - Bon Jovi 
6. Toy Solider - Martika 
7. Good Thing - Fine Young Cannibals

bruce

Re: Saxondale
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 08:43:18 AM »
Watched the whole series already, great stuff. It's all about the slow burn with this one folks.

The Cleef

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 10:47:41 AM »
British comedies are the best by a mile. the Mighy Boosh, Darkplace, Human Remains, Nighty Night, the Day Today, Brasseye etc...

I saw the whole awesome series of Saxondale intermittently with Chris Morris' Nathan Barley. I couldn't help comparing the Coogan effort with the Morris project. While Nathan Barley is 'taking the piss out of Vice Magazine culture', Tommy Saxondale is the product of the 'Vice magazine' of his day - the classic rock era. The young Tommy Saxondale would have had much in common with Nathan B. Neverthewhazel, both series are funny with amazing performances and bare repeated viewings.
Now, has anyone seen Man to Man with Dean Learner? Richard Ayoade doesn't have the range of Steve's Alan Partridge but he's so good at nodding and  there's something about his delivery that's delissio.

keep it foolish,
mike
Do mysteries really exist?

bruce

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 03:05:11 PM »
I keep meaning to d/l that show but just forget. Right now I'm only downloading The State Within (polical drama) and Torchwood (Sci Fi goodness).

But you never know what else might turn up like the two Tony Ferrino specials I just d/l. Another Coogan creation where he plays an over the top singer.