Author Topic: Inglorious Bastards  (Read 39754 times)

Chris L

• Space Champion!
Re: Inglorious Bastards
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 09:09:43 PM »

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 09:14:41 PM »
Eugggh.. That's horrible news!

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 09:22:35 PM »
Tarantino is in discussions with other Hollywood stars to take the roles of the remaining two strippers.

The way things are going he'll probably end up having to cast Jaye P. Morgan and Eli Roth. 

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 09:43:01 PM »

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 10:58:02 PM »
Well I, for one (and I'm probably the only one) think this is awesome.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 01:27:43 AM »
I'm a huge and unapologetic fan of Blackout, but Britney Spears as an actress in a Tarantino film? I don't know about that.

I don't get why you guys hate Tarantino so much. Death Proof was pretty horrible but I've liked everything else.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2008, 01:52:40 AM »
I'm a huge and unapologetic fan of Blackout, but Britney Spears as an actress in a Tarantino film? I don't know about that.
I think it rules. And I haven't liked a Britney album since In the Zone. She's just as much of a mess as Tura Satana was, and lord knows she has the tits for it. They both do the trashy-pop-princess-brunette thing pretty well, too. A little makeup, and Britney will be fine.

Plus neither can act. I'll bet Tarantino will make it work.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2008, 01:56:15 AM »
I didn't like Britney minus a few songs before Blackout. Blackout is so good. If anybody not named Britney Spears made that (and the truth is that the producers deserve all the credit) it would have been a blockbuster and I think critics would have been all over it as well.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2008, 02:10:57 AM »
I much preferred In the Zone to Blackout. I though "Gimme More", "You Wanna Piece of Me" and all the others pale in comparison to "Toxic," "Early Mornin'," "Breathe on Me," "Touch of My Hand," etc. Especially "You Wanna Piece of Me". Ick.

I wanted to like that album, I really did, but I just couldn't get into it. Everything about it seemed weird and forced. I know Britney has never played a big part in making her records, but Blackout sounds like it was made by a bunch of tired robots who had access to way too many vocal effects.

Britney
was a great album too, minus that terrible cover of "I Love Rock n' Roll". I mean, I think "I'm A Slave 4 U" puts every Britney song (or album) to shame, come to think of it.

I know that you guys aren't going to take anything I say seriously after this. Sorry.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2008, 06:13:12 AM »
Spears as Tarantino's latest reform project is kinda obvious and not that exciting, but whatever. My real problem with the news is why remake Faster Pussycat Kill Kill at all? What could Tarantino do to possibly improve it? Is replacing the hammy dialogue with speeches about the best malt shop in LA really going to do it? Most of the charm of the original is Meyer's unique visual style, and we all know Tarantino as a visual filmmaker ranks somewhere around Kevin Smith level.

For the record, I wouldn't exactly call myself a Tarantino hater. I LOVE Jackie Brown. I don't think Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction have aged well at all (the last time I saw Pulp Fiction I was embarrassed) but I thought Kill Bill had fun moments.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2008, 07:48:55 AM »
Do we really need ANOTHER WWII movie? WWII movie = America is awesome at war, and thus everything else. Vietnam movie = America is bad at war, and everything else.

"The troubled singer director will also have a movie produced in hopes of having sex scenes with another girl before the drama ends in a blood-bath."

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2008, 08:31:56 AM »
Tarantino is like a lot of the stuff that I really liked in high school, like Bukowski.

Still good, but nowhere near one of the greats.

And the pop cultural dialog that does nothing to advance the plot or develop any underlying theme angle bugs me.

Michael Mann should make a war movie.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2008, 08:35:44 AM »
Spears as Tarantino's latest reform project is kinda obvious and not that exciting, but whatever. My real problem with the news is why remake Faster Pussycat Kill Kill at all? What could Tarantino do to possibly improve it? Is replacing the hammy dialogue with speeches about the best malt shop in LA really going to do it? Most of the charm of the original is Meyer's unique visual style, and we all know Tarantino as a visual filmmaker ranks somewhere around Kevin Smith level.

For the record, I wouldn't exactly call myself a Tarantino hater. I LOVE Jackie Brown. I don't think Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction have aged well at all (the last time I saw Pulp Fiction I was embarrassed) but I thought Kill Bill had fun moments.

I agree with you about it not being that exciting but I don't think you can say it's "obvious", especially since she's not really an actress (and no, Crossroads doesn't count).  

I'm with you on the love for Jackie Brown. I haven't seen Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction in at least 5 years but I can imagine that you're probably right in saying they haven't aged well.  I really enjoyed Kill Bill Vol. 1 and I'm one of the few people I know that enjoyed Death Proof (mostly because of my love for Kurt Russell, but yeah, a lot of the dialogue was just lame).  I'm always interested in seeing what QT is up to, but I'm really not that excited to see his take on WWII or Russ Meyer.

Pat K

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2008, 10:26:44 AM »
I'm really looking forward to this, because I loved Death Proof, but I always just wished it had MORE TALK.
I'm warning you with peace and love.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2008, 10:53:20 AM »

I agree with you about it not being that exciting but I don't think you can say it's "obvious", especially since she's not really an actress (and no, Crossroads doesn't count). 

I'm with you on the love for Jackie Brown. I haven't seen Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction in at least 5 years but I can imagine that you're probably right in saying they haven't aged well.  I really enjoyed Kill Bill Vol. 1 and I'm one of the few people I know that enjoyed Death Proof (mostly because of my love for Kurt Russell, but yeah, a lot of the dialogue was just lame).  I'm always interested in seeing what QT is up to, but I'm really not that excited to see his take on WWII or Russ Meyer.

I really like the idea of it. This is one of those things that could be awesome, or an absolute trainwreck. Either way, I'm there. Death Proof was the only thing he's done that I didn't like as much (it actually kind of felt like he remade Faster, Pussycat already with that thing)--but in the context of Grindhouse, it was okay, because of the surrounding atmosphere of Planet Terror, which I did like, and the hilarious fake trailers, like Zombie Women of the S.S.. Within the greater picture, it fit.