Author Topic: American TV Show Revamps  (Read 8834 times)

pinky

Re: American TV Show Revamps
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2008, 09:48:12 AM »
Apparently Peep Show was in the works for an Americanized version.  Thank fuck that never happened.

because the US version of the office is sooo bad.

It's not about that.  Mark and Jeremy are just better as brits, I think the poms carry self deprecation a lot better and plus fans of Peep Show are generally super fans and it is insulting to imply that the show is not good enough as it is.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2008, 09:49:32 AM »
I thought kray's response was an example of that thing known as sarcasm.

Have I mentioned I was a math major?

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2008, 09:58:19 AM »
If you like Peep Show, you should probably check out M&W's sketch show. It's very often genius.
Steer clear of their film, Magicians, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2008, 11:16:46 AM »
If you like Peep Show, you should probably check out M&W's sketch show. It's very often genius.
Steer clear of their film, Magicians, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU

Even though there's always a handful of sketches that I don't totally get, That Mitchell & Webb Look, as samir says, is very funny.  I have yet to see any of Peep Show but I look forward to checking it out.

And for those of you who were talking about the Americanized Spaced earlier in the thread, I'm pretty sure it was cancelled a few months ago.

mokin

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2008, 03:35:14 PM »

And for those of you who were talking about the Americanized Spaced earlier in the thread, I'm pretty sure it was cancelled a few months ago.

Well thank god for that.

Don't get me wrong, American versions of shows can be good. It's just rare for that to happen. I do think an American version of Spaced could be successful as The Office, but not that particular production. I mean, it was being produced by McG.

McG!