Author Topic: Ian Svenonius encounter  (Read 6063 times)

John Junk 2.0

Re: Ian Svenonius encounter
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 02:16:45 PM »
I have a few jerk stories *cough David Lowery cough* but maybe they're unfair.  You don't know what's going through people's heads and lives when particular things go down, such as jerkily not signing my poster at a signing table at a record shop because I dared ask if he would draw a little happy face.  Maybe he thought I meant, smiley face or nothing.  

But then, the amazing quality of Cracker certainly entitles anyone to be a jerk, or to seem like one.  No, wait.

You've never heard the alternate lyrics to "Teen Angst"?

What the world needs now
Is a smiley face on a poster
Like I need a hole in my head!

>:(

No hippy-dippy b.s. for Lowery & Co.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 02:28:48 PM »
To be totally fair, I think I asked him to draw "like a little picture, a smiley face or something."  That was probably too much to ask.  But then CVB were so awesome that it was hard to hate.

Spoony

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 02:32:33 PM »
C'mon David... what is this, Get In The Van? Is the scene bringin' ya down? Draw a smiley face.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 03:09:07 PM »
To be totally fair, I think I asked him to draw "like a little picture, a smiley face or something."  That was probably too much to ask.  But then CVB were so awesome that it was hard to hate.

HA!  Actually, I could see him coming back with a Scharplingesque "What??  Wha-wha-wha-what is this, UH-uh-P-P-Picture Pages?  This isn't picture pages!  Get Off My Autograph Line!"

Sarah

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 03:59:14 PM »
If I were famous, I, too, would refuse to draw a smiley face.  But I probably wouldn't withhold my autograph as well.