Author Topic: Should I...  (Read 4015 times)

Laurie

Should I...
« on: November 15, 2006, 08:18:23 AM »
...stay to see Death Cab for Cutie after Teddy Leo's sure to be awesome set? I will be paying $24.50 for the ticket, $3.75 for the building charge, and $6.25 for the convenience charge. Thanks, Ticketmaster. I haven't purchased the tickets yet. I'm trying to find out if I can get an alumni discount, as this concert is taking place in my alma mater's convocation center. C'mon, Ted Leo will be rocking the stage I walked across during my GRADUATION VICTORY LAP.

ALSO, it's on a Monday. I have to go to work the next day. So, yeah, I'll stick around for Teddy / Friends, and I'll go home and sleep because I'm old.

Emerson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Should I...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 11:11:34 AM »
You'd better hope that Teddy T doesn't hit his forehead on his mic and open it up. That's what he did at Pitchfork. Blood everywhere. At least it was good, clean vegan blood.

Although I'm no fan of "Death Cab," "We Laugh Indoors" is an amazing song.

~EmD
"You said it. I didn't."

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 01:36:44 PM »
Stay if you're lame.

Gus

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 05:10:17 PM »
Death Cab.  Not Fab.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 05:44:37 PM »
FYI: dissing DCFC is a violation of the FOT Pledge.  Tom is a fan of the band and objected to the heat he got in the chat when he played "Crooked Teeth" on the 4/11/06 show.  They write good songs.  Just like Fleetwood Mac.  So get with it.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Dan B

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 01:31:13 PM »
I just saw Ted Leo last night and he said "soft serve" and talked about the Best Show after someone said what they'd be missing on a Tuesday night.

I also yelled out Porcupine Pie.  He said he'd play that if he knew how.

Tim K in DC

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 09:18:36 PM »
I also yelled out Porcupine Pie.  He said he'd play that if he knew how.

That would be awesome.

Shameless self-promotional segue- Here's a link to an old piece I wrote on Ted a couple of years ago for Mercury, a small RI-based arts and entertainment paper: http://timkbloggah.blogspot.com/2005/08/ted-leo-story-newport-mercury-62205.html

Sadly, I wasn't aware of TBSOWFMU at the time (a couple of months after this story ran, my cousin got me hooked), so I didn't cover Ted's involvement with the program -- something, arguably, that would be worthy of a story unto itself. At any rate, I think the piece gets across the fact that Ted's a down-to-earth guy and one of the all-time greats. Unlike some of the more precious, zip-lipped characters that I have had the misfortune of attempting to give ink (M. Ward, please lighten the f*ck up...), I count the guy as one of the better interview subjects I have come across.
- Killing FOT threads dead since July 24, 2006 -

bobby.

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 07:27:43 PM »
I saw M Ward live and loved it, but I guessed that he wouldn't be the most fun.

All shut-eyes and quiet.
BEST SHOW: EXERCISE AND EATING WELL

Jason

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 12:45:56 AM »
Ah Bejaysus VB, it's Knifed or Scientific Bong for me (or Thin Lizzy and Stiff Little Fingers).

Tim K in DC

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 07:39:18 PM »
I saw M Ward live and loved it, but I guessed that he wouldn't be the most fun.

All shut-eyes and quiet.

I haven't seen him live yet, but I really like his albums. He's just one of those musicians who apparently dislikes doing interviews and dislikes talking about his music. Which would be easy to respect if he didn't frickin' consent to doing them.
- Killing FOT threads dead since July 24, 2006 -