Author Topic: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?  (Read 1023042 times)

bakersfieldchimp

• Achilles bursitis
Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?
« Reply #945 on: April 30, 2009, 05:09:05 PM »
I got a used copy of Jay Reatard's Matador Singles last night, and after listening to it like five times in twelve hours I ran out on my lunch break to buy Blood Visions. Excellent.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #946 on: April 30, 2009, 05:46:25 PM »
I got a used copy of Jay Reatard's Matador Singles last night, and after listening to it like five times in twelve hours I ran out on my lunch break to buy Blood Visions. Excellent.

I am holding out for Jay Reatard's Tales From Topographic Oceans

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #947 on: April 30, 2009, 06:41:20 PM »

Love You-The Beach Boys
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #948 on: May 03, 2009, 10:16:21 PM »

More evidence that Jonathan Richman is a genius.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Pidgeon

« Reply #949 on: May 03, 2009, 10:20:27 PM »

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #950 on: May 04, 2009, 02:43:03 AM »
Bill Callahan - 'Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle'
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #951 on: May 04, 2009, 06:22:23 AM »
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Sarah

« Reply #952 on: May 04, 2009, 06:36:13 AM »
Beau Dommage

Pidgeon

« Reply #953 on: May 04, 2009, 11:10:13 AM »

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #954 on: May 04, 2009, 11:22:29 AM »
A little birdie who sounds like he's losing his shit.  Also, rain.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

bakersfieldchimp

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #955 on: May 04, 2009, 11:36:06 AM »

and it is awesome. I loved Mclusky, but now I think I might love Future of the Left even more.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!

cas-vik

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #957 on: May 04, 2009, 12:06:26 PM »

Thanks to Clay Pigeon for showing me that Grand Funk Railroad actually aren't terrible.

Hell, I could have told you this in 1971 as a clueless 13-year-old, but I bet you wouldn't have listened. T.N.U.C. could be a topic of discussion on the Mike show, and it's an instrumental.

I'll listen.  What else was clueless 13-year-old Dave from Knoxville listening to? 

My initial problem with GFR was that my parents only ever listened E Pluribus Funk and I grew to loathe that album. 

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #958 on: May 04, 2009, 12:30:14 PM »
Myself, on our marathon premium.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #959 on: May 05, 2009, 10:12:16 AM »

Thanks to Clay Pigeon for showing me that Grand Funk Railroad actually aren't terrible.

Hell, I could have told you this in 1971 as a clueless 13-year-old, but I bet you wouldn't have listened. T.N.U.C. could be a topic of discussion on the Mike show, and it's an instrumental.

I'll listen.  What else was clueless 13-year-old Dave from Knoxville listening to? 

My initial problem with GFR was that my parents only ever listened E Pluribus Funk and I grew to loathe that album. 

Ahhh, it was all the nearly standard stuff, really. I loved Led Zeppelin, The Who, I sorta liked the Stones but I was a little afraid of them, although, strangely, I had no problem with Alice Cooper (to this day I can still play 7 or 8 of the songs on "Love it to Death" on guitar from memory.) I had not found Bowie yet, or T Rex, but I did like Rod Stewart at the time (Every Picture Tells a Story,) and Jethro Tull and Black Sabbath and Yes and Faces, ELP, Santana. I was absolutely obsessed with Blue Oyster Cult (I wore out 2 copies of the debut album, and can't begin to guess how many times I listened to the later Agents of Fortune straight through.) Badfinger. Deep Purple. Zappa. Always lots and lots of Zappa, though I really liked the instrumental bits much more than the vocal silliness, at least until Apostrophe, which is nearly a perfect album. Oh, and Creedence and the Beatles practically everyday.