Author Topic: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?  (Read 1022773 times)

nec13

• Space Champion!
Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?
« Reply #1590 on: August 16, 2009, 02:29:39 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-Js3GiNtns[/youtube]

Yes.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Sarah

« Reply #1591 on: August 16, 2009, 09:22:08 AM »
Am I Right? 4/22/09 show.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1592 on: August 16, 2009, 09:40:08 AM »
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1593 on: August 16, 2009, 03:49:17 PM »
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

dnk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1594 on: August 16, 2009, 06:39:57 PM »

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1595 on: August 16, 2009, 06:54:42 PM »
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

ian

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1596 on: August 16, 2009, 07:57:07 PM »

methanolcereal

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1597 on: August 16, 2009, 08:51:32 PM »

I found the album, and a handful of live tracks and some tracks from singles, online a few years ago. I have yet to actually find proper copies of the singles though. The ones I got seemed to only have a-sides from the actual 45s that were released 30 years ago.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1598 on: August 17, 2009, 07:35:22 AM »
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7nzkv_david-bowie-klaus-nomi-tvc15-boys-k_music
hang in until @3:20 for some real awesome

That's real awesome from 0:00, but it is a fun visual effect in the second song. I remember seeing this when it first aired. I wonder who the band members were? Was that Earl Slick? And that bass player, despite the occasional disco-y lick that was popular in the day, is fantastic.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1599 on: August 17, 2009, 10:35:36 AM »
Unfortunately, the job market for dudes who dressed in angular black suits and had their hair in extreme widow's peaks and doing the robot while dragging along a large pink stuffed poodle absolutely dropped out shortly after this performance.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1600 on: August 17, 2009, 10:59:21 AM »
Cocktail attire around here isn't quite tux for men (actually, I'd say it's a little less casual/more hip than business attire), but then again it's Oklahoma.

Don't wear jeans.

update:

i wore jeans!  but i dressed up everything else.  it was at some hip bar downtown which was uncomfortable anyway.  

moving on...

ian

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1601 on: August 17, 2009, 11:31:59 AM »
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7nzkv_david-bowie-klaus-nomi-tvc15-boys-k_music

That's real awesome from 0:00, but it is a fun visual effect in the second song. I remember seeing this when it first aired. I wonder who the band members were? Was that Earl Slick? And that bass player, despite the occasional disco-y lick that was popular in the day, is fantastic.

it's an odd period in bowie history, 1979, after lodger but before scary monsters. he wasn't touring in this period (from 1979-1983) so this band was hired for this appearance or a set of appearances or something. thus it might not even be his regular players like earl slick.

i do know that his backup singers are joey arias and cult icon klaus nomi though

DoodleJump!

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1602 on: August 17, 2009, 10:29:12 PM »
I am listening to

I don't like it very much.
"Enough with the bandana, already." -Trace Atkins to Donald Trump

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1603 on: August 17, 2009, 11:18:43 PM »

it's an odd period in bowie history, 1979, after lodger but before scary monsters. he wasn't touring in this period (from 1979-1983) so this band was hired for this appearance or a set of appearances or something. thus it might not even be his regular players like earl slick.

i do know that his backup singers are joey arias and cult icon klaus nomi though

Isn't that Carlos Alomar on guitar, and there's no reason why it couldn't be George Murray on bass?  I dunno, it sounds like the band that played on Station to Station to me, slightly different arrangement.
veni dixie vici

Reeleyes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1604 on: August 17, 2009, 11:27:36 PM »
I don't know if this thread or the "currently reading" thread was better for this but I'm currently listening to the audiobook of The Road.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.