Author Topic: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?  (Read 1022848 times)

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008, 12:23:15 PM »
The new Music Tapes album - Music Tapes for Clouds and Tornadoes.  It is fantastic.

im listening to this right now.  get out my brain.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2008, 12:31:13 PM »
"Ballad of the Sin Eater" for me.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

bruce

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2008, 01:05:50 PM »
Ron & Fez

joanna

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2008, 01:24:44 PM »
I woke up and listened to The Love Below, which one of the neighbor kids gave me when he was throwing out a bunch of stuff.

dave, you just made me remember something i had almost forgotten! when i was living in austin, i had an upstairs neighbor with whom i'd never actually talked, but we had a very pleasant relationship. we had almost the exact same music taste and so sometimes, when he was playing an album so loudly that it would have been pointless for me to put in my own music to drown him out, i'd put on the exact same album and sync it up with his. after the third time that i did this, he started doing it, too. we probably listened to two or three dozen albums "together" over the course of six months, but we never talked.

anyway, one day i came out of my apartment and there was a giant stack (100?) of CDs sitting on my plant stand. when i came home from work, it was still there. so i put a post-in note on them saying: "do you want these?"

when i got home from the bar that night, they were still there. so i brought them inside and went through them, and they were almost exclusively one hit wonder bands from 1992-96. i knew it was from my friend upstairs, and he was cleaning out his collection and thought i might want to hear some candlebox or soundgarden before he threw them out. i wrote a post-it note that said: "high school. thanks!" and left it where the CDs had been.

i am listening to ming tsai talk about five spice and chocolate, and then i'm going to listen to aden while i work.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2008, 01:57:26 PM »
I am listening to my manager via teleconference, saying that the latest version of our product has been approved for QA.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

herbie

• Policemans heel
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2008, 02:03:42 PM »

And Omar, did a baseball player really run onto the field to a Mercyful Fate song?

Sadly, no. 

I wonder if "what would your music be as a hitter or as a closer in baseball?" would be one of those sports topics Tom could do without the non-sports fans rebelling.

Back in 1983, I saw Richard (oh you probably know him as "Goose" Gossage) trot out to the mound to the strains of Liquid Liquid's "Optimo."  I did a little dance in my seat, and then my mom got mad because I spilled sodey on my pants.  I was surprised ESPN did not include a clip of this in their Yankee Stadium montage during Monday night's HR Derby. 

!!!!!!!!!that rules!
see: my first "good" call regarding 99 records in the "hottest hot streak" topic!

herbie

• Policemans heel
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2008, 02:05:03 PM »
also
barracudas "violent times"

jed

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2008, 02:18:25 PM »
TBSOWFMU Archive

"May 4, 2004: An Evening Of OnStar Related Comedy, Talk Of The Since-Postponed Singles Mixer, An Old Lady Gets Jerked Around And Jason Returns To The Studio With His British Buddy Debs."
"My president is going to be one half Don West, one half the singer from Venom, thank you very much, good day sir!"

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2008, 03:14:45 PM »
"Dancing Barefoot," Patti Smith
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

joanna

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2008, 03:55:46 PM »
stop your sobbing - the kinks

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2008, 03:56:49 PM »
"Spitfire Parade," Swell Maps

bruce

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2008, 03:57:32 PM »
stop your sobbing - the kinks

Nice also Herbie gets major props for the Space 1999 avatar

Sploops

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2008, 04:39:52 PM »
Fucking Danzig, motherfucker!  How The Gods Kill!

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2008, 05:14:22 PM »
"If It Be Your Will." Antony's cover of Leonard Cohen's song.

herbie

• Policemans heel
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2008, 05:17:30 PM »
"Spitfire Parade," Swell Maps

LOVE THE SWELL MAPS!!!
ALSO, BROADCAST!!!!