Author Topic: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?  (Read 1022804 times)

Julie

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?
« Reply #315 on: August 10, 2008, 07:11:02 PM »
The Magnetic Fields. Yetta loves The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side. She sings along.
I have a long history of booing

<<<<<

« Reply #316 on: August 11, 2008, 01:00:00 PM »
Prank Patrol, and underneath that, a bunch of loudmouth yahoos on Amtrak.

I'm finally listening to this.  This Scott Powers guy reminds me of why I hold such a low opinion of people who join Mensa.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #317 on: August 11, 2008, 01:16:42 PM »
The Magnetic Fields. Yetta loves The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side. She sings along.

That's  a really adorable image. Julie and Yetta skipping around the house together, singing along.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #318 on: August 11, 2008, 02:26:03 PM »

I'm finally listening to this.  This Scott Powers guy reminds me of why I hold such a low opinion of people who join Mensa.

I know.  He's smart, but evidently not smart enough to avoid having a really depressing life.

And: Quando Quango, "The Love Tempo," from the Disco Not Disco: 1974-1986 compilation.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #319 on: August 11, 2008, 02:37:54 PM »
Bobb Trimble: "Glass Menagerie Fantasies".

Normally, I couldn't take listening to such sad music over and over and over again, but I seriously can't stop playing his album (Iron Curtain Innocence). So gorgeous. Good thing it's been re-released now too, so people can actually afford to buy it.

Josh Fenderman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #320 on: August 11, 2008, 05:44:26 PM »
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

Seriously.  It just came on the 80s station I'm listening to. I just got rick rolled by internet radio.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #321 on: August 11, 2008, 06:07:51 PM »

I know.  He's smart, but evidently not smart enough to avoid having a really depressing life.

And: Quando Quango, "The Love Tempo," from the Disco Not Disco: 1974-1986 compilation.

As I was listening to that episode, all I could think was, "J. Grote should call in and cast Andy in something!".

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #322 on: August 11, 2008, 06:29:31 PM »
PFT

Julie

« Reply #323 on: August 11, 2008, 06:36:06 PM »
As a joke, for my 50th, my family stuck a nice 50 dollar gift certificate inside a copy of "50 Irish Pub Favorites". It's horrible, as if it was arranged by Lawrence Welk. So every time any one of them walks into the room, that's suddenly what we're listening to. That'll teach them.

Haha, Dave.  But the joke will be on you if/when it starts to grow on you.

Also, New Order, Dreams Never End

Richard put "Muskrat Love" on my desktop, and I started playing it to annoy him. Now I like it. What if someone caught me listening to it?
I have a long history of booing

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #324 on: August 11, 2008, 08:45:11 PM »
Blackie and the Rodeo Kings

Anybody spent anytime with the BBC Sound Index yet? It reveals that the "public's" tastes are infuriatingly pedestrian, but it's still fascinating.

Plus, Anne Murray never makes the top 1000, which is harder for me to believe than that Alex Jones video.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #325 on: August 11, 2008, 10:28:50 PM »

As I was listening to that episode, all I could think was, "J. Grote should call in and cast Andy in something!".

I was listening on the podcast, and I seriously - seriously - mentally scrolled through everything I've ever written, wondering if I had a role for Andy.  I only kind of did, and sort of don't trust him to show up for rehearsal anyway, but now I seriously think I might try to insert an "Andy" character in a commission I'm working on.  I'll probably just wind up with a different funny middle-aged Jewish guy.

And: GBV, "Sot"
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #326 on: August 11, 2008, 10:36:48 PM »
George Harrison, since I'm a fan.

Susannah

« Reply #327 on: August 11, 2008, 10:39:52 PM »
The Scotch Plains-Fanwood Choir of Crickets. 

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #328 on: August 11, 2008, 10:48:05 PM »
RPG - Joanne and Joshua
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #329 on: August 11, 2008, 11:04:17 PM »
PS!  I'm flattered that you thought of me, Martin.

MOS: what's RPG?

And, Ennio Morricone, Love Theme from "Guns for San Sebastian."