Author Topic: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?  (Read 1022760 times)

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: What Are You Listening To Right This Very Second?
« Reply #510 on: September 30, 2008, 07:30:54 PM »
Somebody might need to throw a rope ladder down into the hate pit for me because I'm listening to the new T.I. album. And god help me...I LIKE IT!!!
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #511 on: October 01, 2008, 10:58:09 PM »

The prettiest, most soothing voice in the history of things. At least that's what I'm thinking at the moment. Sighhh.

Cotton

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #512 on: October 01, 2008, 11:27:36 PM »

One of James Brown's backup singers, singing mostly responses to his songs, backed by the JBs. Amazing listening.

A collection of dirges, the second in the collection by the always-incredible Trikont label.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #513 on: October 02, 2008, 09:26:41 AM »
Ryan Adams' Cold Roses. Can I be forgiven?

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #514 on: October 02, 2008, 09:49:15 AM »
The Julie/Spike Arbys round table.  Woo hoo!  Wait, which one is woo hoo?  Maybe I mean boo hoo.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Cotton

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #515 on: October 02, 2008, 11:16:06 AM »
Cheeseburger's self-titled album, which I was reminded of after seeing that guitarist Christy Karacas co-created the new Adult Swim show Superjail, which the jury is very much still out on.

PatrickChew

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #516 on: October 02, 2008, 04:44:51 PM »
Rollins Band! Low Self Opinion! But I blame Pandora for this, they took me there through picking the Melvins as a start off point. They played this particular Rollins Band track because "it features punk roots, great lyrics, mild rhythmic syncopation, repetitive melodic phrasing, and extensive vamping."

Julie

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #517 on: October 02, 2008, 08:02:53 PM »
Yetta licking her paws.
I have a long history of booing

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #518 on: October 02, 2008, 08:56:42 PM »
Rollins Band! Low Self Opinion! But I blame Pandora for this, they took me there through picking the Melvins as a start off point. They played this particular Rollins Band track because "it features punk roots, great lyrics, mild rhythmic syncopation, repetitive melodic phrasing, and extensive vamping."

'Do it' by the Rollins Band is my theme song.  Not because I'm a great achiever, I just like how he screams at the beginning.  Up there with 'Guilty Of Being White' by Minor Threat in the several second opening scream category.

Gibby

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #519 on: October 02, 2008, 09:01:17 PM »

'Do it' by the Rollins Band is my theme song.  Not because I'm a great achiever, I just like how he screams at the beginning.  Up there with 'Guilty Of Being White' by Minor Threat in the several second opening scream category.

See also: the opening 'YAAAAGGHH' in 'Thirsty and Miserable'.
"How do they see you when there's no light?"

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #520 on: October 03, 2008, 08:42:49 AM »
Yes, that one's great, also.

Maybe I should do a Steinski-esque 'Lesson XII' on the Garage Band built around Rollins' Screaming. 

See also: the opening 'YAAAAGGHH' in 'Thirsty and Miserable'.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #521 on: October 03, 2008, 10:43:47 AM »
The Limes/Golden Boys 7" split

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #522 on: October 03, 2008, 07:03:19 PM »
Boyce and Hart -- PO Box 9847 (b side of Alice Long)

dania

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #523 on: October 04, 2008, 07:33:03 PM »
my roommates arguing about what constitutes rape.   :'( :'( :'(

Julie

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #524 on: October 04, 2008, 08:03:44 PM »
Incessant chatter of my mother-in-law.
I have a long history of booing