Author Topic: Slimmin' Down with Sploops  (Read 1889 times)

Sploops

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Slimmin' Down with Sploops
« on: November 18, 2006, 04:54:56 PM »
I think most of us have struggled with our weight at one time or another in our lives.  Personally I used to be quite thin - hovering at around 140 at 6' tall - I think that's below average.  But, around the beginning of 2002, ironically when I became a vegan, I started putting on weight.  I was overeating, overdrinking (bigtime), and underexecercising.  I put on 70 pounds in 3 years.  It was only early this year that I really made an effort to lose weight - 20 pounds so far!  But as of late I've been reverting to my old ways.
We all need support and inspiration to lose weight.  It's hard.  Tom's made no secret of his battle with weight.  But he's perservered - from becoming a vegetarian (more or less) to peddling for pledges.  He's inspired us all.  He even posed for this motivational poster:

That's pre-diet of course.

What this thread is all about is support and encouragement.  I think I speak for all us FOTs when I say we're all in this together.  When one of us is down we're all to eager to help.  So if you have a problem with your weight or over-eating we're behind you all the way. Anytime you're feelin down, maybe you're contemplating eating that entire pumpkin pie, we'll be here to help you through those darkest moments of weakness. 

Yes!  You can do it!

Andy

• Space Champion!
Re: Slimmin' Down with Sploops
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 06:14:29 PM »
I've always been overweight.  About 3 years ago I took up running and eating a little better and lost about 40 pounds in 6 months.  Eventually, I started eating worse, but continued running, so I didn't put back any weight. Then, due to work, I started running less.  Long story short, I've put about 30 of the pounds back on.

I've decided recently that I've had enough and I'm finally going to start jogging again and eating better.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Andy

• Space Champion!
Re: Slimmin' Down with Sploops
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 06:19:40 PM »
also, I gave up meat for Lent last year and put on weight, but it was mainly because the only meatless food options we have here in Oklahoma are:
1) Bean Burritos
2) Cheese Pizza
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time