Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2779441 times)

Fido

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2008, 06:20:30 PM »
I was trying to think of what the misGOMPS were like. The closest thing I could come up with was when Will Ferrell is being burned alive in the first Austin Powers. "I am very badly burned..."

EXACTLY what I was thinking of when it happened, Pete. I think the Will Farrell character's name was Mustafa. Only hilarious when you know it's fictional. The mis-GOMPs were completely hilarious.

chrisfoll577

« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2008, 07:30:25 PM »
the pro-obama, anti-jew lady (cant tell if anyones mentioned her)...couldnt stand her.

-iAmBaronVonSweetie

I loved how she was calling from the lower east side.   I think I'll vote for McCain just because of her condescending tone of voice.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2008, 09:00:27 PM »
I'm not voting for Obama.

Not because he's black, but because of the Shepard Fairey stickers.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2008, 01:14:11 AM »
the pro-obama, anti-jew lady (cant tell if anyones mentioned her)...couldnt stand her.

-iAmBaronVonSweetie

I loved how she was calling from the lower east side.   I think I'll vote for McCain just because of her condescending tone of voice.

She sounded very much to me like the lady who called recently and pranked Tom with the "your show put me right to sleep" zinger. I could be wrong though.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2008, 02:29:35 AM »
Not to get all class war, but she sounds like the kind of hyper-privileged person who, because of her tax bracket, was raised surrounded by ignorant snobs and who is always the "wild one" with the crazy "lefty" ideas, like her off-the-wall "People outside of New York are racist" theories, which have never really been tested but are so radical that they threaten to blow the walls out of this here blue-chip seaside cocktail bar with twenty dollar martinis out here on Shelter island.

ackbar

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2008, 04:37:22 AM »
in the end.. that phonecall was among the best of the night. tom's reactions were on point & the woman was laughable; far from angering imo.
the fact she admitted to not being a true new yorker yet felt she was the best representation of the city/state said it all to me

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2008, 08:03:32 AM »
please more class war, junk. I love it!  That kind of snob makes me turn Maoist.

Pete Velcro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2008, 08:44:10 AM »
I thought she was kidding initially. Who calls TBS and leads off with "I want to talk politics"?

I imagine her flipping the dial in her car and landing what sounds like a legit call-in show with a sizable listenership. Then, after giving it all of five minutes, she becomes outraged that this valuable forum is being wasted on Doo-Wop and Family Guy-inspired folk art. So she calls in with a mission to wake people up to the truth!   

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2008, 08:46:19 AM »
My theory in chat was that she just went up the radio dial and called in to every station she could find, and then read from some sort of prepared transcript.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2008, 09:13:28 AM »
My theory in chat was that she just went up the radio dial and called in to every station she could find, and then read from some sort of prepared transcript.

Yeah, while all of us are sitting, doing nothing, she's doing her part to educate the people.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #115 on: August 14, 2008, 10:22:50 AM »
"Did your frat have a competition, like a dance off, or throwing a javelin?"

joanna

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2008, 12:07:24 PM »
so which is crazier, in your opinion:

- the fact that she thought it was going to be news to tom (and his listeners) that there were people who wouldn't vote for obama based on race alone; or

- that she thought she could change their minds by rounding up a team of new yorkers to set them straight?

i can't decide. they're both so crazy that it's hard to pick.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2008, 12:43:28 PM »
joanna, your avatar is perfect for more situations that i ever give credit for on this board. 

this was one of them.

Itslikeimsayin

• Policemans heel
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2008, 01:38:29 PM »
"I can't understand you, WALL-E."

So great.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2008, 01:57:23 PM »
"I can't understand you, WALL-E."