Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2774351 times)

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #2475 on: August 06, 2009, 09:05:34 AM »
I loved the debut of Billy and hope he returns. I think my favorite thing to come out of all of that, though, was when one of the callers duped Tom into briefly attempting to do a Bart Simpson impression.

Larry calling in and happily volunteering that he doesn't like Spike but was willing to use him to further his own career aspirations was refreshingly honest, dere.

Worst part was Mike not knowing - or choosing to pretend to not know - how Kid Charlemagne went. But he (or the actor playing him this week) gets points for standing by the band in the first place, and I hope one day that an episode of the Mike Show will feature Mike singing along to Deacon Blues.
This may be the year I will disappear.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #2476 on: August 06, 2009, 10:34:08 AM »
I'm sorry I let you down, Wes. I've never been very good at singing on the spot without the song in the background to help me out. And, as I said, The Royal Scam still remains relatively unfamiliar to me (I never owned the vinyl and I generally skip ahead to the Aja songs on the box set disk). I would gladly sing along to Deacon Blues, but I have a feeling that Tom would consider that beyond the pale even for The Mike Show.
See God, Kai

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2477 on: August 06, 2009, 10:40:53 AM »
I'm hoping a future Mike Show will feature Tom singing "The Caves of Altamira" while Mike mouths the horn part.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #2478 on: August 06, 2009, 11:54:58 AM »
The Royal Scam still remains relatively unfamiliar to me

Royal Scam has one of my fave Steely Dan songs on it: The Fez. I've always assumed that fez is a dumb euphemism for a condom, but I'm not really sure. I like the music more than the lyrics.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2479 on: August 06, 2009, 02:11:22 PM »
I loved the debut of Billy and hope he returns.

i hope Billy lasts longer than the squeak toy (who is dead to me until Tom revives him, hence, i will not refer to him by his christian name). 

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2480 on: August 06, 2009, 02:19:07 PM »
also, worst part: the pixar caller attempting to stop Tom from building up any grandiose idea he has of this guy's employment only to be heave ho'd once Tom finds out.

oh, Tom.

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2481 on: August 06, 2009, 02:51:10 PM »
also, worst part: the pixar caller attempting to stop Tom from building up any grandiose idea he has of this guy's employment only to be heave ho'd once Tom finds out.

oh, Tom.

It was as funny as it was sad. The poor guy was just about to tell Tom that he was an intern right as Tom started to ramp up. Tom's interruption of the guy could not have been timed better really.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2482 on: August 07, 2009, 12:31:24 AM »
I'm sorry I let you down, Wes. I've never been very good at singing on the spot without the song in the background to help me out. And, as I said, The Royal Scam still remains relatively unfamiliar to me (I never owned the vinyl and I generally skip ahead to the Aja songs on the box set disk). I would gladly sing along to Deacon Blues, but I have a feeling that Tom would consider that beyond the pale even for The Mike Show.

But Mike, it's your mic on the Mike Show...

icepants

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2483 on: August 07, 2009, 03:05:20 AM »
I loved Tom's impression of Bart Simpson.   ;D

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2484 on: August 07, 2009, 06:56:13 AM »
I loved the debut of Billy and hope he returns. I think my favorite thing to come out of all of that, though, was when one of the callers duped Tom into briefly attempting to do a Bart Simpson impression.

Larry calling in and happily volunteering that he doesn't like Spike but was willing to use him to further his own career aspirations was refreshingly honest, dere.

Worst part was Mike not knowing - or choosing to pretend to not know - how Kid Charlemagne went. But he (or the actor playing him this week) gets points for standing by the band in the first place, and I hope one day that an episode of the Mike Show will feature Mike singing along to Deacon Blues.
I do NOT want that pervert doing business with me. I use other people, NOT the other way around.

CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

James W

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2485 on: August 07, 2009, 07:15:41 AM »
"Bad call. Fair enough. Hindsight: 20/20. Right on."
"What are you, David Brent?"

Lothar_Brightblade

« Reply #2486 on: August 09, 2009, 09:38:35 PM »

Seconded

hugman

« Reply #2487 on: August 09, 2009, 10:28:52 PM »

Seconded

thirded.

Edward J Grug III

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2488 on: August 10, 2009, 01:48:41 AM »

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2489 on: August 10, 2009, 03:50:32 AM »
Pretty sweet toon!
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.