Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777971 times)

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #2535 on: August 13, 2009, 12:22:40 PM »
I hope someone adopted that dog.

Me three. What a good-looking fella.

Taz rules.

Someone took him? FUCK YEA, nice work, humanity!

This made me so happy that I'm misty-eyed.

Yes...Nice work, humanity. Nice work getting the word out, Tom!

I have the same questions as Sarah.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2536 on: August 13, 2009, 12:51:47 PM »
I hope someone adopted that dog.

Me three. What a good-looking fella.

Taz rules.

Someone took him? FUCK YEA, nice work, humanity!

This made me so happy that I'm misty-eyed.

Yes...Nice work, humanity. Nice work getting the word out, Tom!

I have the same questions as Sarah.

Yeah, I'm not sure if that's just a picture that was used trying to get people to adopt him or if it means someone actually adopted him.

Please let it be the second.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

scratchbomb

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2537 on: August 13, 2009, 12:58:33 PM »
Didn't get to listen live. I am delighted by the Steampipe Alley discussion. I watched that show as a young lad, and even then I thought it was bizarre. It seems even more so in retrospect.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVu0dFteasQ[/youtube]
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2538 on: August 13, 2009, 01:30:36 PM »
the pre-show GOMP was the "bar trip" guy with first world problems, which always makes me laugh, and when samir calls in, i wonder..."is samir going on a 'bar trip'?"

Sarah

« Reply #2539 on: August 13, 2009, 01:32:13 PM »
Yeah, I'm not sure if that's just a picture that was used trying to get people to adopt him or if it means someone actually adopted him.

Please let it be the second.

I worry that it was the former and will continue to do so till someone finds out for sure.  I tried Googling for peace of mind to no avail.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2541 on: August 13, 2009, 02:05:55 PM »
the pre-show GOMP was the "bar trip" guy with first world problems, which always makes me laugh, and when samir calls in, i wonder..."is samir going on a 'bar trip'?"

I wish! My unemployment, plus my girlfriend's soon-to-be-unemployment, means that my "Bar trip" will involve going for a weekend to St. Augustine, which is an hour's drive from where she lives. No "South America versus Portugal" worries for me.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2542 on: August 13, 2009, 03:04:30 PM »
Spiders primavera!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

gravy boat

« Reply #2543 on: August 13, 2009, 03:11:38 PM »

I wish! My unemployment, plus my girlfriend's soon-to-be-unemployment, means that my "Bar trip" will involve going for a weekend to St. Augustine, which is an hour's drive from where she lives. No "South America versus Portugal" worries for me.

Congrats on getting through the bar exam summer. That was, by far, the worst summer of my life.  Good luck with the results.

Mr. Science

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2544 on: August 13, 2009, 03:19:40 PM »
"the full Pupkin"

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2545 on: August 13, 2009, 03:23:18 PM »

Congrats on getting through the bar exam summer. That was, by far, the worst summer of my life.  Good luck with the results.

My God, I saw the color blue in the avatar and I thought, "Fredericks is a LAWYER?"
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

scratchbomb

« Reply #2546 on: August 13, 2009, 03:58:11 PM »
Spiders primavera!

Wow...the memories that came flooding back just from reading those words...that was almost like Proust!

I'm almost positive I have chunks of Steampipe Alley on VHS tapes somewheres. Unfortunately, my VCR just bit the dust, otherwise I'd share.
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

Keith Whitener

« Reply #2547 on: August 13, 2009, 05:10:49 PM »
Here's a great page about the Butterfinger Buzz:
http://www.eatmedaily.com/2009/02/butterfinger-buzz-the-caffeinated-candy-bar-wtf/

"As if that's not bad enough [it gets worse? You already have to eat nearly 500 calories of candy bar to get the same caffeine as 10 calories of sugar-free Red Bull! –Ed.] they have this promotion going on that is seriously asymmetrical in the effort/reward department. Get this: if you (1) shave your head, (2) spray-paint the Butterfinger Buzz logo on it, and (3) upload this photo to their website, they will (4) mail you a coupon for ONE FREE CANDY BAR. Which, if you don't want to shave your head and paint a corporate logo on it, you could buy at a store for like $0.79.

Right now the entire "photo gallery" on the Butterfinger Buzz site seems to be made up of the same actors who appear in the brand's blatant attempt at viral video creation. In this video, first there is a head-shaving montage. Then, these friends shoot paintballs at each others' heads in order to — you guessed it — paint on the Butterfinger Buzz logo."

I love how little of a clue the people behind this product have about who their target audience is and what they want.

AndrewVDill

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2548 on: August 13, 2009, 05:16:36 PM »

I love how little of a clue the people behind this product have about who their target audience is and what they want.

Is there are target audience or anyone who want this?
You'll like it in hell; it's a lot like New Jersey.

Keith Whitener

« Reply #2549 on: August 13, 2009, 06:13:56 PM »

Is there are target audience or anyone who want this?

Exactly. They have no idea that the answer is "no one wants this". There's as much of a demand for this as there is for caffeinated condensed soup.