Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777875 times)

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #3555 on: January 21, 2010, 02:16:26 PM »
Very disappointed with Tom picking the H-Man over Wally. As we have seen there's always a chance for Wally to regain his position as the protege`.

I agree, Raffy.  H-Man seems to have a heavy school load - if and when he does eventually take over the show, can we really trust him to show up every Tues. at 8:00, or will we see a lot of fill-in shows?  Wally, on the other hand (get it?), I mean, what does a puppet have going on?  He probably lounges around all day in his pyjamas.  He may have to get the odd eye sewn on, or maybe the occasional lint brushing, but otherwise...  

Hopefully H-man will have a few PhDs by the time Tom decides to give it up.

Yeah, Tom's not going to be leaving the show anytime soon.  Also, I'm already in my second semester of my junior year, so after a year and a half, i'll be out of college and won't have a "heavy school load."
Yeah, but I'm hearing rumors that you're doing a PhD.  Until I hear word of the puppet going for his PhD, I stand by my post.
veni dixie vici

Pat K

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3556 on: January 21, 2010, 02:52:57 PM »
Incidentally, my favorite moment of the show? Tom barking over H-Man and WW's increasingly-animated crosstalk: "But. But. But. BUT. BUT. BUT! BUT! BUT!"
I'm warning you with peace and love.

ian

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3557 on: January 21, 2010, 03:31:25 PM »
henry chunklet seems like just a tad kinda a total jerk

mackro

« Reply #3558 on: January 21, 2010, 06:20:21 PM »
fave moment of the show was Tom The Drillmaster -- that whole last section, HMan and Wally included.

PS the henry thing was awkward, although I inferred he was feeling bad about his fallout with Jay -- which I admittedly know nothing about if it weren't for Tom bringing up the issue of a fallout this past Tuesday.  That said, while it's noble to sell off own's collector stuff for charity, it was still a plug of some sort, ya know?

if you want to do good, the last thing you need to do is prove how charitable you are to the world i.e. The Anti-Bono Corollary.  Anyway, don't want to sidetrack the thread...

The H-Man

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3559 on: January 21, 2010, 09:44:28 PM »
Very disappointed with Tom picking the H-Man over Wally. As we have seen there's always a chance for Wally to regain his position as the protege`.

I agree, Raffy.  H-Man seems to have a heavy school load - if and when he does eventually take over the show, can we really trust him to show up every Tues. at 8:00, or will we see a lot of fill-in shows?  Wally, on the other hand (get it?), I mean, what does a puppet have going on?  He probably lounges around all day in his pyjamas.  He may have to get the odd eye sewn on, or maybe the occasional lint brushing, but otherwise...  

Yeah, Tom's not going to be leaving the show anytime soon.  Also, I'm already in my second semester of my junior year, so after a year and a half, i'll be out of college and won't have a "heavy school load."
Yeah, but I'm hearing rumors that you're doing a PhD.  Until I hear word of the puppet going for his PhD, I stand by my post.

Well, seeing as I don't need a PhD. for my major of "Radio and TV Production" it looks like I'll be done with college in a year and a half.  Sorry to disappoint.
"...Roddy's brother Buddy, he's got a buddy, that works at the 5 and dime, who's Uncle Ron runs a recording studio.  Rod shows up with his six-stringed friend, and a head full of tunes.  Laid down some tracks, and the tape burned like Rock n' Roll fire..."   -Gas Station Dogs

Reeleyes

« Reply #3560 on: January 21, 2010, 10:26:41 PM »

Well, seeing as I don't need a PhD. for my major of "Radio and TV Production" it looks like I'll be done with college in a year and a half.  Sorry to disappoint.

...and then you'll go to grad school and get a degree in protogeiology.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

orator

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3561 on: January 21, 2010, 11:50:35 PM »

why?
"Come partake of my fruit baskets."

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3562 on: January 22, 2010, 01:18:09 AM »

why?
I have to say that Henry falls into the same category for me as that one guy from that band (please forgive my ignorance and vague information) that call in and just kind of go on and on without letting Tom getting a word in edgewise. Whenever I hear that it is one of them on the phone I will kind of groan inside my own head.
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

mackro

« Reply #3563 on: January 22, 2010, 01:27:44 AM »

why?
I have to say that Henry falls into the same category for me as that one guy from that band (please forgive my ignorance and vague information) that call in and just kind of go on and on without letting Tom getting a word in edgewise. Whenever I hear that it is one of them on the phone I will kind of groan inside my own head.

yeah, Corey Harris does kinda ramble a lot, doesn't he?

big rudy

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3564 on: January 22, 2010, 02:02:46 AM »

why?

I think he's an f-ing creep for calling right after Tom was doing a tribute to Jay Reatard.... after all his site has been shitting on Jay's memory since the moment it was announced that he died. He even wrote "RIP is short for "dead". There's no rest." What the fuck does that mean?!... so for him to come on and act all sad about Jay dying is two faced bullshit... It's great that he's doing an auction for Haiti, but that doesnt cancel out the shittiness of the negativity he spread over Jay's death.

bonnaventure

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3565 on: January 22, 2010, 02:40:41 AM »
BEST: Tom yelling SHUT UP.

WORST: Bonaventure, that sack of pig shit, calling out Jurnin. Jurnin has called the show 25 times and never completed a thought. I find this hilarious. What's Bonaventure done, huh? HUH?

Pig shit? Really? I know I deserve a flogging, but the excrement of the unholiest of animals?

But I agree with the Chunklet thing. "Jay was a friend of Georgia" is that the only good thing he had to say? I could feel Tom getting into his flesh, but trying to stay strong as a flame out against Chunklet would be as self destructive as a Flame out against Tom and Jay would be for Chunklet. Weird business, I'm glad tom went civil and took the high road.

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3566 on: January 22, 2010, 07:31:51 AM »
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=61533697

Here's a great little video of Jay that MoS linked to in the chat.  Strange how eerily prescient his words at the end are: "I'm racing against time".
veni dixie vici

Ike

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3567 on: January 22, 2010, 08:47:33 AM »

why?

Have you read, say, .2 pages of Chunklet?  It's brutally funny, but about as mean-spirited as it comes. 

I just never trust dudes who are life-long critics without ever making music on their own. 

The call was genuinely tasteless (self-serving, even for altruistic means), and I'd expect no less!  So, sorta perfect in that way. 
Well it's been a long time since I've had my favorite drink

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #3568 on: January 22, 2010, 10:42:19 AM »
damn so much drama in the indie rock/alt comedy world.

somebody write joke about Husker Du doing a drive-by on the UCB

todd

« Reply #3569 on: January 22, 2010, 12:18:11 PM »
BEST: Tom yelling SHUT UP.

WORST: Bonaventure, that sack of pig shit, calling out Jurnin. Jurnin has called the show 25 times and never completed a thought. I find this hilarious. What's Bonaventure done, huh? HUH?

Pig shit? Really? I know I deserve a flogging, but the excrement of the unholiest of animals?

Whoa whoa whoa, I didn't call you pig shit! Just the sack that pig shit comes in.

Plus, I was kidding. But think twice before you shit on the bad callers. Bad callers are infinitely more interesting then the polite and snoozeworthy callers.