Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2790705 times)

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #4305 on: June 12, 2010, 07:12:24 PM »

-Auntie Christina I was not so keen on Barton Fink either! But I have only seen it once, so maybe I will "do a Lebowski" on it one day.

Yes, and that one came after Miller's Crossing, so it's a similar thing. I love Miller's Crossing so much.

Barton Fink is a masterwork.  It'll be your "I Was Wrong" in 2011.  CHET!
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Green Lectern

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4306 on: June 12, 2010, 08:35:59 PM »

-Auntie Christina I was not so keen on Barton Fink either! But I have only seen it once, so maybe I will "do a Lebowski" on it one day.

Yes, and that one came after Miller's Crossing, so it's a similar thing. I love Miller's Crossing so much.

Barton Fink is a masterwork.  It'll be your "I Was Wrong" in 2011.  CHET!

This is correct. Barton Fink is the Coens' finest hour.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4307 on: June 12, 2010, 08:55:40 PM »
The Scrivener speaketh the truth. However, the truth doesn't take anything away from Miller's Xing's greatness.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #4308 on: June 12, 2010, 09:39:41 PM »
Oh, hey ... I love Chet for sure. I didn't like the final act of Fink. I do need to give it another shot, as I haven't seen it since it first hit video. Maybe it will be another "I was wrong!"
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4309 on: June 12, 2010, 09:43:58 PM »
Oh, hey ... I love Chet for sure. I didn't like the final act of Fink. I do need to give it another shot, as I haven't seen it since it first hit video. Maybe it will be another "I was wrong!"

I'LL SHOW YOU THE LIFE OF THE MIME!

Wait, this is the wrong thread for that, isn't it?

sparkatus

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4310 on: June 13, 2010, 06:16:36 AM »
Barton Fink is excellent.

Fredericks, I understood your point perfectly and Jen Kirkman did not come across terribly well. Something about having cake and also devouring it? New Port Richedummy.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4311 on: June 13, 2010, 10:26:47 AM »
Maybe we're being a little too hard on Jen K. for a misunderstanding that happened during a 4-way phone call on live radio? In general, I thought it was her funniest call so far.

A great show all around.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #4312 on: June 13, 2010, 10:48:05 AM »
Maybe we're being a little too hard on Jen K. for a misunderstanding that happened during a 4-way phone call on live radio?

Yeah - even when you're just talking to Tom, it's not just like talking to someone on the phone. I don't know the technicalities but there's a bit of a walkie-talkie/two way radio element to it when it's on the air.  If you're talking, you can't always tell if Tom is talking, especially if he's just making conversation sounds.

Also, I think Jen would be the first to admit she's bit of a neurotic nutburger. It's why she's funny too.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4313 on: June 13, 2010, 02:02:28 PM »

And thanks to Auntie Christina for having my back in the chat. I read the chat later.  I like squeege.

I don't know what I said now! Did I say something squeege-related?

"AuntieChristina: does Jen K. not realize that in the decathlon you throw shotputs and javelins and discuses and shit?"

Speeqe was mistyped, Auntie. The reason I like it is because you can be on hold/ on the phone and read the chat later.  I doesn't evaporate as quickly as the old chat.

And yes, Sarah, I do recall you coming to my defense the week before and you have my sincerest gratitude. 

Now, if you want me I'll be in my dressing room.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #4314 on: June 13, 2010, 03:08:55 PM »

And thanks to Auntie Christina for having my back in the chat. I read the chat later.  I like squeege.

I don't know what I said now! Did I say something squeege-related?

"AuntieChristina: does Jen K. not realize that in the decathlon you throw shotputs and javelins and discuses and shit?"

Ha! That's right ... it's like the Bob Fosse thing all over again. She's a loonie tunes.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4315 on: June 14, 2010, 07:06:55 AM »
The Scrivener speaketh the truth. However, the truth doesn't take anything away from Miller's Xing's greatness.

Indeed. Goodman gives one of THE great filmed performances in this movie. I like Walter Sobchak a whole bunch, but Charlie Meadows is his finest hour.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

JenKirkman

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4316 on: June 14, 2010, 11:07:08 PM »
I had to join in because this Maxim thing is ridiculous. When I said "oh yeah" and you can read it as confidence but it wasn't....what I meant by "oh yeah" is that it is not TOTALLY ridiculous that a comedienne who is occasionally on television could be in Maxim- NOT in the spread where it's hot ladies wearing next to nothing but one of a few things - like a comedy spread. A few dudes I know were in Playgirl years ago for their comedy issue "AS A JOKE".  That's what I meant. Sometimes they also just have brief interviews with ladies on whatever it is they do that puts them even ever so slightly in the public eye.

If you re-listen, I said, "Oh yeah..." and something to the effect of "they could do a comedy spread" and then we moved on.

Good God.

Even if I WAS confident that I could be in it - the problem would be.....?

JenKirkman

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4317 on: June 14, 2010, 11:09:22 PM »
By the way - that's me Jen Kirkman. kj47

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4318 on: June 14, 2010, 11:42:00 PM »

Even if I WAS confident that I could be in it - the problem would be.....?

"Confidence" didn't make Maxim's list of "100 Most Attractive Qualities in a Woman". Things that did make it included "Disproportionate to body breast size" (#13) and "Is Elisha Cuthbert" (#3).
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

Stan

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4319 on: June 14, 2010, 11:43:41 PM »
By the way - that's me Jen Kirkman. kj47

Welcome aboard!
                                 "This must be where buffcoat left his pants."