Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2774135 times)

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #480 on: October 22, 2008, 11:19:19 PM »
So this hom-ej had a video mont-ej?
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

Phantom Hugger

« Reply #481 on: October 22, 2008, 11:58:18 PM »
I would have easily swapped about 80% of Frangry time for more Best Topic Ever time.

The feeling sorry for generic toys at the dollar store really hit home.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #482 on: October 23, 2008, 03:30:23 AM »
Mustapha from Morocco/Jersey City:

"Even though sometimes you go angry, I know you are nice from inside."

Two thumbs up for Mustapha ... that guy's great!! I wanna listen to the Best Show while riding around in his taxi.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Mr. Science

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #483 on: October 23, 2008, 04:06:55 AM »
Frangry on being introduced  to PFT, was "like whatever".

Wes

« Reply #484 on: October 23, 2008, 10:01:08 AM »
Mustapha from Morocco/Jersey City:

"Even though sometimes you go angry, I know you are nice from inside."

Two thumbs up for Mustapha ... that guy's great!! I wanna listen to the Best Show while riding around in his taxi.

That was a great call, but there was a part of me that really,really wanted him to turn into a Moroccan James at the end and tell Tom he just got "Mustafa'ed" or, as someone else in the chat put it (sorry, forgot who!), just start yelling "mustafamustafamustafamustafa" and hang up.
This may be the year I will disappear.

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #485 on: October 23, 2008, 10:07:30 AM »
but there was a part of me that really,really wanted him to turn into a Moroccan James at the end and tell Tom he just got "Mustafa'ed"

I was wishing he'd done a Moroccan Spike, circa-2002:

"Where's Aamaal Mubarakah al-Shurooq?"

"Where's Aamaal Mubarakah al-Shurooq?"

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #486 on: October 23, 2008, 10:32:46 AM »
Frangry on being introduced  to PFT, was "like whatever".

admittedly, i was the first one to throw the stone in the "vent about the SHUT UP, WEIRDO" thread, but i quite enjoyed frangry's humble phone call- the first one. 

not to mention, when frangry mentioned that she was getting nasty comments on her blog from FOTs (or listeners of the show)...ugh, so embarrassing, and i never made contact to the other side. 

The H-Man

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #487 on: October 23, 2008, 10:47:32 AM »
Not to suck-up to Tom's protege or nuthin', but, the H-Man's facebook updates are the stuff of legend.

thank you fyodor. much appreciated.

-The H-Man
"...Roddy's brother Buddy, he's got a buddy, that works at the 5 and dime, who's Uncle Ron runs a recording studio.  Rod shows up with his six-stringed friend, and a head full of tunes.  Laid down some tracks, and the tape burned like Rock n' Roll fire..."   -Gas Station Dogs

joanna

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #488 on: October 23, 2008, 11:27:23 AM »
my favorite moments were the back and forth between tom and paul, as expected.

i loved at the end when tom left the studio to find evan, and told paul to talk about best week ever, and paul was so uncomfortable having to do a straight-up plug. awkward and charming!

joanna

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #489 on: October 23, 2008, 11:29:53 AM »
I would have easily swapped about 80% of Frangry time for more Best Topic Ever time.

maybe more like 95%! it was so hard to listen to that phone call knowing that PFT was sitting right there. i was like: "yeah we get it! FOTs pranked your show and you didn't think that was fair! GOT IT! shut up, weirdo!"

ahem.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #490 on: October 23, 2008, 11:51:43 AM »
My favorite part was Tom explaining the plot to Lean By Me, starring Morgan Freeman as a guy with a baseball bat who asks a young River Phoenix, Jerry O'Connel, Cory Feldman, and Will Wheaton if they want to see a dead body.

Then shouts at students with a bullhorn and locks Keifer Sutherland and John Cusack in the school by chaining the doors just as they're trying to escape from a vicious junkyard dog named Chopper.

I especially loved the sequel to that movie, You Can Stand on Me, where Laura Linney and Mark Ruffalo are a brother and sister teaching math to troubled youth using knives and apples.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #491 on: October 23, 2008, 11:59:36 AM »
The absolute best part was PFT's "Where's Debbie?" reference.

CurtBlair

• Policemans heel
« Reply #492 on: October 23, 2008, 12:12:54 PM »
Not to suck-up to Tom's protege or nuthin', but, the H-Man's facebook updates are the stuff of legend.

thank you fyodor. much appreciated.

-The H-Man

H-Man: just a humble request, but next time you're coming to the studio, could you ask Tom to bring along the sound effects box? Now that you're getting the hang of GOMPing, I would love to hear you turn some callers into ghosts.
Use your head, can't you, use your head! You're on earth, there's no cure for that!

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #493 on: October 24, 2008, 01:55:21 AM »
Tom's jazz breakdowns.  I really could listen to him do that for at least an hour.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #494 on: October 24, 2008, 08:02:32 AM »
Tom's jazz breakdowns.  I really could listen to him do that for at least an hour.

Agreed.
from the land of pleasant living