Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2779137 times)

NJL

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #7770 on: December 23, 2011, 09:10:08 PM »

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7771 on: December 23, 2011, 10:55:14 PM »
I've narrowed the identity of Larry down to three people.

And they're all wrong.

Argh!

Oh well. I think the legend of Larry D. Perv kind of has to be maintained. He's like Batman, dere.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7772 on: December 24, 2011, 08:51:53 AM »
I hate myself for prolonging this, but it's like a scab you can't stop picking at: re-listening to the show this morning I think LDP's secret identity came to me in a blinding flash-- it's [REDACTED] [REDACTED]!!!
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7773 on: December 24, 2011, 10:31:55 AM »
Here's the thing about Larry. He has been a mystery and he is STILL a mystery. He's not someone you know from the show putting on a voice. He's a guy who I never met before who showed up, talked on the air and then left just as quickly. Like it or not, Larry D. Pervison is still a riddle that has not been solved. I swear I'm just as confused as I was before last week's show.

Tom.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7774 on: December 24, 2011, 10:33:28 AM »
But boy oh boy, he sounds like the Greggulator. Maybe a Gethard cousin!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7775 on: December 24, 2011, 10:49:02 AM »
His voice sounded somewhat lower live. Must have been one of the in-studio voice modulators.

All around, a solid episode. I particularly liked the appearance of so many characters during the Wurster call. I had kind of missed Zachary Brimstead. A lot of prog rock lately, not enough Barbershop. Progshop?

hardweek

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7776 on: December 24, 2011, 12:46:25 PM »
"Emerald Nightmare butter....flour, ...."

Kormod

« Reply #7777 on: December 24, 2011, 01:25:44 PM »
I think the bigger mystery is what Wally is working on, i.e. his "irons in the furnace." Is it a novel? A major drug deal? Another extensively planned suicide attempt?

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7778 on: December 24, 2011, 08:51:32 PM »
I pre-gamed tonight by listening to Four Loko again. (It's probably the 10th time.)

That episode is maybe the best. It's so off-the-rails. When Hodgman starts talking about microfiche machines...

It's my favorite as well. Hodgman's knowledge of michrofice is pretty impressive. I'm still a bit partial to his "what sweet flavor are you rocking there, Loko bro?"

I have yet to listen to the most recent show, but I'm pretty pumped. Skeevy, Hodgman, Vance, Wally... Do I see Four Loko?

The expression on Hodgman's face says it all...

I hope the thirteen year old Canadian Glenn Beck calls in. Last night I re-listened to his call out the old people driving thirty miles per hour on their scooters. Such a great call....

"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

Rick in Salt Lake

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #7779 on: December 24, 2011, 09:03:03 PM »
I hate myself for prolonging this, but it's like a scab you can't stop picking at: re-listening to the show this morning I think LDP's secret identity came to me in a blinding flash-- it's [REDACTED] [REDACTED]!!!

Omigod! You mean it's... Milo?!?
"Paradise is exactly like where you are right now. Only much, much better."

"This heaven gives me migraine."

Greggulator

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #7780 on: December 24, 2011, 11:35:01 PM »
Come on, it's been obvious for months, Larry D. Perv is voiced by da Greggulator, dere

Then explain how LDP called in to The Chris Gethard Show when Tom was the special guest and I was sitting right next to him!
Listen to my basketball podcast! www.theholdingcourtpodcast.com

Dan of Orange

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7781 on: December 25, 2011, 02:26:04 AM »
Yes, that def happened, Gregg is not Larr. Maybe start thinking about any friends of Mike that may have been on with a similar timbre? 
Of all the guys, I am one of them.
http://danoforange.blogspot.com/

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7782 on: December 25, 2011, 03:50:09 PM »
Come on, it's been obvious for months, Larry D. Perv is voiced by da Greggulator, dere

Then explain how LDP called in to The Chris Gethard Show when Tom was the special guest and I was sitting right next to him!

I was joking Gregg. Your voices are in a similar octave range, but I don't really think you're him.

Boogdish

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7783 on: December 25, 2011, 11:50:20 PM »
Yes, that def happened, Gregg is not Larr. Maybe start thinking about any friends of Mike that may have been on with a similar timbre?
You know, I've never seen LDP and Kevin Smith in the same room at the same time.
If you're not a job creator, you better step the fuck away from that hot dog machine.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7784 on: December 26, 2011, 01:09:38 AM »
You know, I've never seen LDP and Kevin Smith in the same room at the same time.

But I've heard LDP stop talking, so that's out.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.