Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2774381 times)

Come on, Jason

Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #795 on: December 04, 2008, 04:49:27 PM »
Yeah, once I spent all of Christmas Day cheating on my wife and, wouldn't you know it, I forgot to open up presents!
That call was 8 shades of nuts.

I wasn't cheating. My husband and I are separating and there was nothing secret about my plans. He's relieved that he won't have to suffer through anymore special time with me.

Well I'm sorry to hear of your separation, JfC.  I wasn't moralizing, just trying to highlight the contrast between the wholesomeness of a family holiday with...  whatever it was that made you temporarily forget the concept of a Thanksgiving Dinner.  That must've been pretty wild.  Also, the idea of sharing this tale with an international radio audience struck me as hilarious, but to each his/her own.

In other words, I'm glad you got busy all day on Thanksgiving, and that somehow I deserved to know all about it. 
I stand by my assertion that your call was nuts, but you seem like a decent enough person and I wish you all the best.

Sarah

« Reply #796 on: December 04, 2008, 05:15:45 PM »
I'd miss cheese the most myself.  And plain old glasses of milk.

redmedicine

• Policemans heel
« Reply #797 on: December 04, 2008, 06:00:26 PM »
The show was good front to back.  I knew we were in for a good one after the shoutout to Mick Ralphs as the producer of my namesake Fugazi album.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #798 on: December 04, 2008, 08:22:16 PM »
I think I need a humor buddy, because I'm one of the least funny people around.  I'm thinking of someone along the lines of Mark Wahlberg from I <3 Huckabees. 

Maybe if the Secret Santa thing works, we can have humor buddies in January?  After all, I think suicides actually peak in January, not during the holidays, so your humor buddy duties may save a life!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #799 on: December 04, 2008, 10:03:34 PM »
I think I need a humor buddy, because I'm one of the least funny people around.  I'm thinking of someone along the lines of Mark Wahlberg from I <3 Huckabees. 

Maybe if the Secret Santa thing works, we can have humor buddies in January?  After all, I think suicides actually peak in January, not during the holidays, so your humor buddy duties may save a life!

He doesn't CALL, he doesn't WRITE, he doesn't even FAX   

Mr. Science

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #800 on: December 05, 2008, 12:24:13 AM »
"Jeepers, creepers its quiet.

American Idol on again? 

Unbelievable. Like a morgue.

Oh 38 people in the chat, tho. They're doing great."

+  + + + + + + + + +

Now Playing at the Picture Show:

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #801 on: December 05, 2008, 03:29:17 AM »
Oh man, that Morton Downey Jr. song was creeeeeeeeeeeepy ... I had to listen to The Gambler several times to get it out of my head.  It's sort of like eating bad peanut butter, and immediately running out for good peanut butter to undo the damage.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #802 on: December 05, 2008, 06:25:19 AM »
I liked the one-sided Spike conversation and also the mispronunciation of Whoopi Goldberg's name. Oh, and the return of the Col. Thomas Sharp (Scharp?) voice.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Geoff Johnston

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #803 on: December 05, 2008, 10:00:30 AM »
[unintelligible gravel gargle]

That's right, I-Man!

[more unintelligible gravel gargle]

Julie

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #804 on: December 05, 2008, 10:17:21 AM »
Yeah, once I spent all of Christmas Day cheating on my wife and, wouldn't you know it, I forgot to open up presents!

I wasn't cheating. My husband and I are separating and there was nothing secret about my plans. He's relieved that he won't have to suffer through anymore special time with me.

Well I'm sorry to hear of your separation, JfC.  I wasn't moralizing, just trying to highlight the contrast between the wholesomeness of a family holiday with...  whatever it was that made you temporarily forget the concept of a Thanksgiving Dinner.  That must've been pretty wild.  Also, the idea of sharing this tale with an international radio audience struck me as hilarious, but to each his/her own.

In other words, I'm glad you got busy all day on Thanksgiving, and that somehow I deserved to know all about it. 
I stand by my assertion that your call was nuts, but you seem like a decent enough person and I wish you all the best.

It was Tom that was trying to pull the smutty story out of me. All I said was that I visited my friend, forgot to make food, and the only place we could find to eat was a Mexican restaurant. And then all I added was that we were spending physical time together. Whatever you infered just shows how filthy your thoughts are. You should probably eat some soap to clean up your thinking!
I have a long history of booing

Julie

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #805 on: December 05, 2008, 10:19:18 AM »

Soy milk does the trick for a glass of milk once you get used to it.
I have a long history of booing

yaysarcasm

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #806 on: December 05, 2008, 10:35:24 AM »
"This is your cousin. Pootie."
He was natural police. And I don't say that about many people, even when they're here on the felt. I don't say that often unless it happens to be true. Nat'ral po-lice. But Christ, what an asshole.

Sarah

« Reply #807 on: December 05, 2008, 02:21:09 PM »
Luckily, I don't need to, Julie.  I'm lactose tolerant.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #808 on: December 05, 2008, 05:25:41 PM »

It was Tom that was trying to pull the smutty story out of me. All I said was that I visited my friend, forgot to make food, and the only place we could find to eat was a Mexican restaurant. And then all I added was that we were spending physical time together. Whatever you infered just shows how filthy your thoughts are. You should probably eat some soap to clean up your thinking!

So Julie, you're switching sides?

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #809 on: December 05, 2008, 05:45:59 PM »
"This is your cousin. Pootie."

Hilarious!

Soy milk does the trick for a glass of milk once you get used to it.

Lactaid! Fuck soy milk.