Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778466 times)

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #1215 on: January 29, 2009, 05:08:16 AM »
Tom plugging a certain Funny or Die video that stars Nate Hartley and some munch.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

James W

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1216 on: January 29, 2009, 11:04:33 AM »
Knowing that Matt Fraction is a best show fan, I'm going to have to check out his books. I picked up the first trade of his "Immortal Iron Fist" awhile back and I was kind of lukewarm on it but he seems like such an engaging guy that I'm going to have to give it another read.
Casanova, his creator-owned thing from Image Comics, is pretty well my favourite comic ever. Get the first album, now!

I actually came to the Best Show via his recommendation last year, but hearing him call was all kinds of worlds-colliding craziness.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1217 on: January 29, 2009, 01:39:21 PM »
Tom plugging a certain Funny or Die video that stars Nate Hartley and some munch.

That video totally surprised me. You have a gift that if properly focused, could entertain a sizable portion of the masses. Be an actor, not a nanny! You got the goods!

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1218 on: January 29, 2009, 01:57:58 PM »

That video totally surprised me. You have a gift that if properly focused, could entertain a sizable portion of the masses. Be an actor, not a nanny! You got the goods!

i enjoyed it.  quit all your jobs already.  but remember, you heard it from me first!

Athrogate

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1219 on: January 29, 2009, 03:06:10 PM »
i lurrved the line: "no......he's going to eat a snickers bar......he hates that kinda candy..... it gets stuck in his teeth"
that was golden!
If honesty changed the hearts of men, who could contend? If all I thought were true, in this great divide that is my life, I fear to think of all that I'd undo, if all i thought were true.

ben from wilmington

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1220 on: January 29, 2009, 05:56:31 PM »
the reprise of "the king of all whites, sir duke!"
I will never almost regret always

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1221 on: January 29, 2009, 06:09:54 PM »
the reprise of "the king of all whites, sir duke!"

i will always enjoy that melody.

The H-Man

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #1222 on: January 29, 2009, 10:19:29 PM »
I feel like this week's intro song was less busy, and you could hear each clip quite clearly.  I like it.  I hope it isn't just me, cause it did sound different.
"...Roddy's brother Buddy, he's got a buddy, that works at the 5 and dime, who's Uncle Ron runs a recording studio.  Rod shows up with his six-stringed friend, and a head full of tunes.  Laid down some tracks, and the tape burned like Rock n' Roll fire..."   -Gas Station Dogs

ben from wilmington

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1223 on: January 29, 2009, 10:31:57 PM »
I feel like this week's intro song was less busy, and you could hear each clip quite clearly.  I like it.  I hope it isn't just me, cause it did sound different.

Strangely, I thought so too. I dismissed it just as soon, though. Brain playing tricks, I thought.
I will never almost regret always

Athrogate

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1224 on: January 29, 2009, 11:26:29 PM »
annd i forgot that the charlie the addict gomp is the second in 6 months next to that one that squeaked through when that first time caller was on when PFT was in the studio and Tom could sense something amiss with him but Paul liked him. both gomp's were great
If honesty changed the hearts of men, who could contend? If all I thought were true, in this great divide that is my life, I fear to think of all that I'd undo, if all i thought were true.

Kim Kelly

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1225 on: January 29, 2009, 11:51:56 PM »

Strangely, I thought so too. I dismissed it just as soon, though. Brain playing tricks, I thought.

I thought Intro Chris L said shortly after the new intro's premiere that he was still working on it and that he hadn't sent Tom the final cut on CD. I noticed it too and figured Tom had received the CD. It definitely sounded TIGHTENED UP! I mean, in a good way! In an Archie Bell & the Drells sort of way.
Too soon?

TheMush

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1226 on: January 30, 2009, 12:27:10 AM »
Mike answering the phone "The Mike Show" and then the rest of The Mike Show call. Always entertaining when Mike gets involved.

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1227 on: January 30, 2009, 01:53:45 AM »
I'm all for the growth of Mike's presence on The Best Show.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1228 on: January 30, 2009, 03:07:16 AM »

i enjoyed it.  quit all your jobs already.  but remember, you heard it from me first!

Thanks Baron Von Tito and Regular Joe!  And anyone else who happened to enjoy it :)
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #1229 on: January 30, 2009, 08:24:18 AM »
JW losing it and not being able to recover for a good minute