Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778440 times)

scratchbomb

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #1275 on: February 05, 2009, 09:14:50 AM »
Don't know if this really counts, but I was pretty stoked to hear that Jon Glaser will be the guest next week. I really love his stand up (by himself and with Jon Benjamin) and wish he was more well known.

Jon Glaser's great. I think the reason he isn't more well known is because he almost always does characters. I used to see him at Tinkle all the time, and didn't know his name for months because he always came out as "Tiny Hands".
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

Athrogate

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1276 on: February 05, 2009, 09:30:06 AM »
I think Churchill's  "Good evening Mr. Scharpling" should be deposited into the opening segment immediately!
If honesty changed the hearts of men, who could contend? If all I thought were true, in this great divide that is my life, I fear to think of all that I'd undo, if all i thought were true.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1277 on: February 05, 2009, 09:35:08 AM »
Glaser is fantastic. I can't wait for next week's show!

I have the pleasure of hearing that Churchill impression on a regular basis. It cracks me up every time. Like to the point of crying. (I realize it's not THAT good but it really hits a nerve...)
from the land of pleasant living

Tedstud

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1278 on: February 05, 2009, 12:39:39 PM »
Tom reference to "In a Jar" during that dudes bad Chewbacca impression was one of the single funniest Best Show moment in the last couple of years.  I was laughing out loud for the next 10 minutes at work.   My coworkers almost definitely think I'm insane now.

Mr. Science

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1279 on: February 06, 2009, 12:16:19 AM »

a non sequitor - but

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1280 on: February 06, 2009, 09:44:19 AM »
Tom's impression of Z-Man getting "in the flesh" with Walley, the puppet.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1281 on: February 06, 2009, 11:01:35 AM »
What is "In a Jar?"
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1282 on: February 06, 2009, 11:12:42 AM »
Hey Gang,
    It's The Z-Man, here.  Glad my call led to some enjoyment for you.  Remember, though, it's "Wally".  There's no "e" in there.  Anyways, I'm only listening to the rest of the show, now, having gone to bed shortly after my call ended, and I just gotta say, I'm even more disappointed than usual that I couldn't stay up for it, based on the topic/s.  I really enjoy doing impressions, a lot, and have a pretty good idea of what I consider the best day of my life.  To put in my two cents, however late, I would have to say that it would be the day that The H-Man came into my life.  That is all.  See ya later, FOT!

-The Z-Man

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1283 on: February 06, 2009, 11:17:12 AM »
jeepers, ive just been put in my place.

the day that The H-Man came into my life.

you and me both, Z-Man.

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1284 on: February 06, 2009, 11:49:09 AM »
you and me both, Z-Man.

"That's sweet of you to say".  Anyways, on a side-note, I just checked a few different websites, and all list Tom Bergeron's birthday as May 6th, 1955.  You got me, Tom!

-The Z-Man

reallynotclever

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #1285 on: February 06, 2009, 01:32:55 PM »
Great call Z-Man.  It was like you were pitching up batting practice for Tom to crush over the fence.  I still can't get the image of you & Wally in A dimly lit bathroom, splashing cold water in each others faces.  A ventriloquism version of Mickey Rourke in "The Wrestler".  Classic, I'm still laughing.  Check out A movie called "Dummy" (2002), starring Adrien Brody.  I think you'll like it, if you haven't already seen it.   

neilnumberman

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1286 on: February 06, 2009, 02:45:27 PM »
Hey Gang,
    It's The Z-Man, here.  Glad my call led to some enjoyment for you.  Remember, though, it's "Wally".  There's no "e" in there.  Anyways, I'm only listening to the rest of the show, now, having gone to bed shortly after my call ended, and I just gotta say, I'm even more disappointed than usual that I couldn't stay up for it, based on the topic/s.  I really enjoy doing impressions, a lot, and have a pretty good idea of what I consider the best day of my life.  To put in my two cents, however late, I would have to say that it would be the day that The H-Man came into my life.  That is all.  See ya later, FOT!

-The Z-Man
I'm sure if you're the first to call next week and contribute an impression and your GREATEST day ever, not only will Tom tolerate it but we'll have two weeks in a row where YOU started the show off. Think about it Z-Man!

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1287 on: February 06, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
Since we are on the off topic, is it "Wackerman" or "Wackaman"? Just for the record. No matter how it's spelled, once you get that thing out of it's garbage bag, I think Wally could give Spike/Julie/Fredericks a run for their money.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1288 on: February 06, 2009, 05:17:40 PM »
Dirty Ziggy.

andrew_in_bk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1289 on: February 06, 2009, 06:01:17 PM »
Just got through the podcast. Have to say, the Elvis Costello moment had me in stitches in a very public place. I had to stop. And rest. Good show.