Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778443 times)

MiddleBro

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #1290 on: February 06, 2009, 08:13:28 PM »
Since we are on the off topic, is it "Wackerman" or "Wackaman"? Just for the record. No matter how it's spelled, once you get that thing out of it's garbage bag, I think Wally could give Spike/Julie/Fredericks a run for their money.

I'm glad you asked.  It's actually neither.  My way of spelling Wally's surname is "Wackiman".  I also was thinking that the next call I make might actually made by Wally, instead.  Perhaps he could give a few bars of his personal rendition of that banjo classic, "Late To School".

-The Z-Man

crumbum

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1291 on: February 06, 2009, 08:50:42 PM »
When the caller who told the story of his wedding night 'best day ever' finished, I thought for sure Tom would say 'That's a very sweet story'. When he responded with 'GREATEST NIGHT EVER' through gritted teeth I lost it.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1292 on: February 07, 2009, 02:56:37 PM »
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

mike_b

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1293 on: February 07, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »
Julie, I think I work for the same government agency you do!

what are the letters of your agency? I mean, what are the letters of the part of the agency you work for? And do you work for an even smaller part with more letters?

SSA

Also, my favorite part was the Dinosaur Jr impression

Tedstud

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1294 on: February 07, 2009, 04:17:31 PM »
What is "In a Jar?"

Peanut butter.

If the question was serious, then its the Dinosaur Jr. song mentioned in the last show.  If it wasn't a serious question then fireflies.

Jake from Memphis

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1295 on: February 08, 2009, 03:28:26 AM »
Was listening to this podcast on a long subway ride home and laughing out loud like a creep.  Favorite line by far:

"Wally?  The Ro-but?"

bachwards

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #1296 on: February 08, 2009, 05:52:09 PM »
I enjoyed hearing Tom pick off James as well as his reaction to the rapidfire impressions at the end of the show.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1297 on: February 09, 2009, 02:18:17 AM »
James' absolute disappointment in Tom recognizing him was priceless.  and then his ho-hum hang up, "...i'll just try next week."

Jake from Memphis

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1298 on: February 09, 2009, 11:20:35 AM »
I think James's disappointment may have been the kind that one only experiences when they something is over.  Tom saying that he likes James ends the dynamic of the two being at war.  Just imagine what would happen if we tried that with US diplomacy.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1299 on: February 09, 2009, 11:25:59 AM »
it possibly would have hit James harder if Tom called him Jeremy, really throwing back the curtain.

spacepope

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1300 on: February 09, 2009, 11:30:32 AM »
I'm a little disappointed in myself. I told my story about Branson, Missouri. Tom brought up Yakov Smirnoff and I didn't do my Yakov impression! "In Communist Russia, impression does you!" Obviously this impression can change for any situation. That's the beauty.

Later in the show I was driving home and I had to pull over when Tom and Matt Fraction were talking about Dirty Ziggy, then I yelled at Tom for hanging up on Joey Levels again.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1301 on: February 09, 2009, 09:16:10 PM »
Oh my god, Dirty Ziggy was the best thing ever.  There's also a quote from that conversation that was just priceless and that I can't remember because I forget pretty much everything these days.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

erechoveraker

« Reply #1302 on: February 09, 2009, 09:19:04 PM »
Why does Tom hate Joey Levels so?

Athrogate

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1303 on: February 10, 2009, 09:56:33 PM »
how incredibly fitting for the can of corn to have fallen DIRECTLY from the "top shelf" thanks to the grocery manager.
If honesty changed the hearts of men, who could contend? If all I thought were true, in this great divide that is my life, I fear to think of all that I'd undo, if all i thought were true.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1304 on: February 10, 2009, 10:28:12 PM »
sully + matsu + deerhoof.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"