Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777974 times)

Alvaro from GM

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #1440 on: March 05, 2009, 01:53:02 PM »
My quote was read all wrong.   I pledged to stop the name of FMU from being changed to WF"Nem"U.  The guy on the phone didn't know what I was talking about and I had to spell it.

Best part of the show: Philly Boy Roy finally in New Bridge.  I wonder if he's going to stay to finally support his electorate.

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1441 on: March 05, 2009, 02:03:54 PM »
On the March 4 Seven Second Delay, Tom pledges several times just to torment Andy Breckman. It's great. Everyone should check that episode out. http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/shows/30571
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1442 on: March 05, 2009, 02:16:49 PM »
Agreed, moonshake. I've listened to it twice! Very entertaining. Andy was in top defeated form. And Ken & Andy trying to one-up Tom's Ram tribute was hilarious too.

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1443 on: March 05, 2009, 05:34:44 PM »
I heard that someone gave a pledge in my honor.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

Athrogate

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1444 on: March 05, 2009, 09:23:04 PM »
Agreed, moonshake. I've listened to it twice! Very entertaining. Andy was in top defeated form. And Ken & Andy trying to one-up Tom's Ram tribute was hilarious too.

I was actually randomly like, "Bleh, Maybe I'll check out Seven Second Delay"..... it was the first time I listened to the show, and Tom's pledge notes were pretty funny.  I didn't love Andy and Ken, though. Ken was talking about Monk a lot, too, which was making me nervous because it was being spoken of on the air!
If honesty changed the hearts of men, who could contend? If all I thought were true, in this great divide that is my life, I fear to think of all that I'd undo, if all i thought were true.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1445 on: March 05, 2009, 10:34:57 PM »

I was actually randomly like, "Bleh, Maybe I'll check out Seven Second Delay DracSearch."

Fixed!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Jimmy

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1446 on: March 05, 2009, 10:51:07 PM »
I didn't love Andy and Ken, though. Ken was talking about Monk a lot, too, which was making me nervous because it was being spoken of on the air!

I think this is Ken trying to get people to pledge as much as possible during the soaking period without feeling guilty.

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1447 on: March 06, 2009, 01:53:09 PM »
The best part of the show was Philly Boy Toy helped Tom beg and grovel for funds.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #1448 on: March 06, 2009, 03:23:48 PM »
Jesus, now I feel sorry for Philly Boy Roy.
See God, Kai

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1449 on: March 06, 2009, 04:29:27 PM »
Clearly things are getting worse.  All this bad economic news and now this.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Athrogate

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1450 on: March 07, 2009, 11:13:52 PM »

I was actually randomly like, "Bleh, Maybe I'll check out Seven Second Delay DracSearch."

Fixed!

hahah.
I DID check it out.....and it's now my new google. It's way easier to type, also.

Buuuut, you know what's my favvvvourite site, in theee whooolle worrrrrrld?
:

http://www.geocities.com/`bbutler.l42/`tilda`thewordthethewordthe.72bb/?.questionquestionmark/allnightburgerparty/slashthehotoilHOTcaps/hat.dot/\/front/lowerwordlowercase.html/theletterhtthelettermlword.htm

And then you go onto that site and then you get the second part.
If honesty changed the hearts of men, who could contend? If all I thought were true, in this great divide that is my life, I fear to think of all that I'd undo, if all i thought were true.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1451 on: March 09, 2009, 11:01:25 AM »
From marathon show #1:

"Who doesn't want to talk to a blogger?"
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

SexyAnkles

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1452 on: March 09, 2009, 04:13:23 PM »
Is there any place to see pics or video from inside the studio during the marathon?  I would love to see everyone lined up at the phones chanting "Tom is a Queen".
"One good minute could last me a whole year"
        - Superchunk

theyellowchair

« Reply #1453 on: March 09, 2009, 04:45:16 PM »
Is there any place to see pics or video from inside the studio during the marathon?  I would love to see everyone lined up at the phones chanting "Tom is a Queen".
A documentary crew was in the phone room and studio during the show, so I'm sure some sort of footage will turn up somewhere...sometime...

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1454 on: March 09, 2009, 06:20:42 PM »
Here are some photos from last week's marathon show:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jdalton/sets/72157614805045088/

If you look around, you can find pictures from past marathons, including the 2003 marathon show Tom did on an exercise bike.

I'll probably go into the wee hours.