Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778029 times)

Martin

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #1500 on: March 18, 2009, 08:12:07 PM »
Tom's "Toilet Talk".*

*Tom calling in to his show and walking to the bathroom to splash water on his face.

That was great.

I also loved Dorvid's call, and Julie's!

Athrogate

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1501 on: March 18, 2009, 10:13:54 PM »
Tom's "Toilet Talk".
That was great. I also loved Dorvid's call, and Julie's!

Hahaha, yeah Tom's Talk was awesome. I realize now that whence I've heeded Tom's advice in the past and splashed some cold water on my face the water wasn't cold enough, and I only did it once and not with as much vigorous authority as Tom did. I know the correct way now.

If honesty changed the hearts of men, who could contend? If all I thought were true, in this great divide that is my life, I fear to think of all that I'd undo, if all i thought were true.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1502 on: March 18, 2009, 10:44:13 PM »
Julie's call was fantastic.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #1503 on: March 19, 2009, 07:59:13 AM »
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1504 on: March 19, 2009, 08:34:57 AM »
COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC! THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A 'NEWBRIDGE IS FOR LOVERS' TANKTOP!

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1505 on: March 19, 2009, 12:58:52 PM »
Tom splashing cold water on his face was THES BEST...a great way to start the show. 

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1506 on: March 19, 2009, 04:33:35 PM »
COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC! THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A 'NEWBRIDGE IS FOR LOVERS' TANKTOP!

Martin, I think it's safe to assume that the girl in the cartoon bought the T-shirt, then cut off about one/third of it to make it into a tanktop.  You could say it's just a ... Fraction ... of the T-shirt.  ;) and then WINK!
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1507 on: March 19, 2009, 04:46:23 PM »

You could say it's just a ... Fraction ... of the T-shirt. 

I gave that pun 1/4 of a star.

Athrogate

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1508 on: March 19, 2009, 04:53:46 PM »
You could say it's just a ... Fraction ... of the T-shirt.  ;) and then WINK!

That was pure punishment!
If honesty changed the hearts of men, who could contend? If all I thought were true, in this great divide that is my life, I fear to think of all that I'd undo, if all i thought were true.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1509 on: March 19, 2009, 05:16:22 PM »
Martin, I think it's safe to assume that the girl in the cartoon bought the T-shirt, then cut off about one/third of it to make it into a tanktop.  You could say it's just a ... Fraction ... of the T-shirt.  ;) and then WINK!

"you're killin' me, smalls."

TheMush

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1510 on: March 19, 2009, 05:51:46 PM »
I'm listening to the podcast now and Ben just talked about his swastica story directly after the surprisingly compelling hardhat story.

I can combine them both!

I used to work construction - where I'd wear a hard hat - and as is often the case, there were port-a-potties on the job. And inside on the walls, people would write all kinds of filth but at this job someone had taken to drawing swasticas. So I started bringing a marker to work and connected all the lines, added a nice tail with some ribbons and made Kites out of them. Swastica Guy hated this and countered by making fifty new swasticas every chance he got, not realizing that the only thing keeping the kites flying and his anger bubbling was him drawing the dumb things in the first place.

Dan B

« Reply #1511 on: March 20, 2009, 02:54:16 AM »
I thought the "Good riddance, slob" lady was going to be the "fresh bread!" lady in New Brunswick who sells moldy bread that she finds in dumpsters. My friend once bought one of her loaves of bread so she would go away. I'd be fine with her selling the bread if she didn't lie about its freshness.

Keith Whitener

« Reply #1512 on: March 20, 2009, 05:28:51 AM »
I thought the "Good riddance, slob" lady was going to be the "fresh bread!" lady in New Brunswick who sells moldy bread that she finds in dumpsters. My friend once bought one of her loaves of bread so she would go away. I'd be fine with her selling the bread if she didn't lie about its freshness.

Okay, now this is getting interesting. When I see her, I suspect that she has a bag full of bread, but I'm not sure. Does she have gray hair and is more heavy than she is light girth-wise?

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1513 on: March 20, 2009, 06:00:55 AM »

"you're killin' me, smalls."

Don't get me started on the kid who said that line.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1514 on: March 20, 2009, 10:03:43 AM »
Tom secretly being PFT's Paul Mooney
The return of Fredericks
Dropping a gorf machine on the butterfingers leg