Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777988 times)

Kid Pain

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #1785 on: May 07, 2009, 02:19:33 PM »
if ever the best show lent itself to a video podcast. What I'd have given to see Tom's face each time KS said the words "flicks" or "oral."

spacepope

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1786 on: May 07, 2009, 02:51:09 PM »
Holy moley what a great episode!
I thought it was great when during the Todd/PJ call when Wurster said his name was Dr. Filthenstein, Todd immediately changed the pronunciation to Filthensteen and the other guys went along with it because it was funnier that way. I love Todd Barry.

JBE CEO

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1787 on: May 07, 2009, 06:02:38 PM »
When Mr. Barry (or is it Berry?...I'll wiki it later) was just winding up after talking to Mike:

Mike in the background "Oh hi Kevin, how are you?  Sound a bit under the weather"
Tom made the most disgusted sound.

I also very much enjoyed Tom making Mike feel bad for calling Mr. Smith fat, in fact pretty much every interjection from Tom during that call was great.  The comment about the voices cracked me up.

Wurster hit it out of the park again.
Friend of Jon

hugman

« Reply #1788 on: May 07, 2009, 11:18:07 PM »
Personally, I found Kevin Smith quite endearing in this interview, and no disrespect to Tom, but this was the most interesting interview I've heard since the AST podcast (the interviews of Patton, PFT, and Zach G are especially insightful).  When he likened his acceptance of his place as a director to coming to terms with having a small d. he won me over (make of that what you will).  I appreciate what seemed to be his take - that there are gonna be people who don't like what you do, and that's okay. If all you were doing was rolling your eyes and snickering at Kevin Smith during this interview, you missed out.

Pidgeon

« Reply #1789 on: May 07, 2009, 11:21:53 PM »
I do really enjoy his stand-up performances, or whatever you call them.

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1790 on: May 08, 2009, 03:23:37 AM »
Like the "Wish You Were Here" album cover.

Yes, except BOTH of them get set on fire. I wish this was a music video, so we could do some further analysis on that thread.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1791 on: May 08, 2009, 10:46:40 AM »
Like the "Wish You Were Here" album cover.

Yes, except BOTH of them get set on fire. I wish this was a music video, so we could do some further analysis on that thread.

You hear that, Wes?  Time for another entry.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1792 on: May 08, 2009, 11:06:18 AM »
I'm really curious about the seriousness of Tom's appreciating Kevin Smith on this week's episode. All along he's been putting him down and last night he kind of seemed genuinely appreciative last night. Sometimes I have a hard time deciphering Tom's sarcasm.

I've always been a fan of Kevin Smith's stuff. But I mean I have problems with the dude as well.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1793 on: May 08, 2009, 11:07:17 AM »
I'm really curious about the seriousness of Tom's appreciating Kevin Smith on this week's episode. All along he's been putting him down and last night he kind of seemed genuinely appreciative last night. Sometimes I have a hard time deciphering Tom's sarcasm.

I've always been a fan of Kevin Smith's stuff. But I mean I have problems with the dude as well.

Didn't the hilarious silence at the end of the appearance give it away?

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1794 on: May 08, 2009, 11:29:09 AM »
Personally, I found Kevin Smith quite endearing in this interview, and no disrespect to Tom, but this was the most interesting interview I've heard since the AST podcast (the interviews of Patton, PFT, and Zach G are especially insightful).  When he likened his acceptance of his place as a director to coming to terms with having a small d. he won me over (make of that what you will).  I appreciate what seemed to be his take - that there are gonna be people who don't like what you do, and that's okay. If all you were doing was rolling your eyes and snickering at Kevin Smith during this interview, you missed out.

I totally agree with you. He ran on at the mouth as he does (which he apologized for at the end) but all in all, he was very nice and polite and the interview was interesting to me. The whole backstory with B_Buster was INCREDIBLE to say the least. I think us FOTs all took the interview in different ways (eye rollers included) and that is what made it so special. I myself, took it as you did.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

hugman

« Reply #1795 on: May 08, 2009, 12:07:05 PM »

Didn't the hilarious silence at the end of the appearance give it away?

I think there's a lot of projection going on during that silence for a lot of people.

benadian

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #1796 on: May 08, 2009, 08:34:59 PM »
I'm not sure that WAS Kevin Smith.  I think it may have been Fredericks doing a voice.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1797 on: May 08, 2009, 10:09:35 PM »
I'm not sure that WAS Kevin Smith.  I think it may have been Fredericks doing a voice.

Fredericks could never bring himself to say "He's been clean for, what, 7 years now?" with so much enthusiasm.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1798 on: May 08, 2009, 11:54:35 PM »
It's a shame that Mike wasn't taking any calls. It would have been fun to hear Fredericks or Larry the Perv interacting with Kevin Smith.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Mr. Science

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1799 on: May 09, 2009, 02:34:03 AM »