Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778202 times)

nec13

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #1815 on: May 12, 2009, 11:05:22 PM »
The talk of Larry being in animated movies was hysterical.

Yeah. Larry the Perv's call was great. As was Tom's verbal abuse of Spike.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

orator

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1816 on: May 12, 2009, 11:10:29 PM »
the clifford ringtone was amazing
"Come partake of my fruit baskets."

erechoveraker

« Reply #1817 on: May 13, 2009, 02:42:57 AM »
Too much amazing. That was just a blur of funny and crazy and then more funny. Probably my favorite show in awhile. Larry the Perv riff was great, but even better was just how honestly funny Aimee Mann was - she more than held her own with Tom and Patton. That was great.

Also, did Fredericks sneak a g'damn onto the air there?  :o

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1818 on: May 13, 2009, 06:40:20 AM »
"Ellen Degenerate" is my new favorite Spike nickname.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1819 on: May 13, 2009, 06:53:57 AM »
I tell you what, I was absolutely star-struck speaking with Aimee Mann. I was terrified that I was going to come off like some drooling goon. It was sheer luck that got me on the air with the guests. I was trying to get in before they were introduced, but there were so many calls stacked up before me (including Wurster) that I was on hold for almost 30 minutes. When the guests came in, I almost hung up. My story about my business trip to Nashville didn't seem big enough, and I had no back-up, but I really am a big Aimee Mann fan, and the thing I told her about her and Richard Thompson and Neil Finn was something I had said to several non-FOT over the last few years, so I stuck it out. Having Mike describe me as "top notch" was a beautiful bonus.

One of the very best moments of my year.

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1820 on: May 13, 2009, 08:53:17 AM »
Best Show keeps getting bester and bester. I was on such a Best Show high after yesterday's show, I even had a lengthy Best Show dream last night where I got to meet Tom and Jon.
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

scratchbomb

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1821 on: May 13, 2009, 11:24:57 AM »
Larry the Perv as basketball announcer, so far from the action (due to court orders) that he can't even describe it properly. Man, that killed me.
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1822 on: May 13, 2009, 11:47:02 AM »
I tell you what, I was absolutely star-struck speaking with Aimee Mann. I was terrified that I was going to come off like some drooling goon. It was sheer luck that got me on the air with the guests. I was trying to get in before they were introduced, but there were so many calls stacked up before me (including Wurster) that I was on hold for almost 30 minutes. When the guests came in, I almost hung up. My story about my business trip to Nashville didn't seem big enough, and I had no back-up, but I really am a big Aimee Mann fan, and the thing I told her about her and Richard Thompson and Neil Finn was something I had said to several non-FOT over the last few years, so I stuck it out. Having Mike describe me as "top notch" was a beautiful bonus.

One of the very best moments of my year.

You sounded fine Dave. A quality call as always.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

drennen_won

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #1823 on: May 13, 2009, 01:22:13 PM »
listen, dave. i was born and raised in georgia, albeit atlanta, but my mom's from thomasville, ga and dad's from birmingham. i'm through and through, a southerner. i'm proud of that shit. i love the south. could you please stop with the self deprecating "simple southerner" bit? you're throwing us down the river.  i get it, the south is dumb and full of racists. very good. tom does it from time to time. fair enough. you initiate it every call. come on, dog. let it go. you're a smart dude, your shirts have sleeves. be proud to be from tennessee. you know it's proud of you. who's that bozo from the cynics that just rips on the south? don't feed that clown's fire. big ups, dave.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1824 on: May 13, 2009, 01:58:17 PM »
listen, dave. i was born and raised in georgia, albeit atlanta, but my mom's from thomasville, ga and dad's from birmingham. i'm through and through, a southerner. i'm proud of that shit. i love the south. could you please stop with the self deprecating "simple southerner" bit? you're throwing us down the river.  i get it, the south is dumb and full of racists. very good. tom does it from time to time. fair enough. you initiate it every call. come on, dog. let it go. you're a smart dude, your shirts have sleeves. be proud to be from tennessee. you know it's proud of you. who's that bozo from the cynics that just rips on the south? don't feed that clown's fire. big ups, dave.

You sound like a smart person. You call up and impress upon Tom how sophisticated some southerners are. Don't send him a letter; your challenges with capitalization will undermine your argument.

In the meantime, I will do what I do.

P.S. Starting a message with the word "listen" is so stereotypically redneck, I hope you didn't get your tobacky on your overalls while you were typing all of that up.

drennen_won

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #1825 on: May 13, 2009, 02:11:57 PM »
oh really? is that stereotypical redneck? i guess i'm not aware of these things. yo, i got it. you can write a book of all the stereotypical redneck moves a person can make and you can call it "uncle dave's cabin." sellout. oh wait-- emphasis, right? SELLOUT. get on the bus, dave.

erechoveraker

« Reply #1826 on: May 13, 2009, 02:28:34 PM »
I would buy the crap out of "Uncle Dave's Cabin", if only for the chapters about throwing hams and boxes of wine at people.

Plus, then it'd be Dave: 2 Tom: 0

colonel panic

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1827 on: May 13, 2009, 03:22:31 PM »
Uncle Dave's Cabin: An Adventure in Math.

emma

« Reply #1828 on: May 13, 2009, 03:48:33 PM »
Dave, I think that guy just called you a dog. Plus he accused you of wearing shirts with sleeves! INTERNET FIGHT!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1829 on: May 13, 2009, 04:26:37 PM »
I sometimes wear sleeves, but I rarely like them.....I got your back Davy.....

Tell that sleeved-southerner to "bring it on".
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."