Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778145 times)

Sarah

Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #1860 on: May 16, 2009, 09:18:36 AM »
I live in the same county with a state rep who shoved through a law in the Tennessee State Legislature that allowed drivers, accidentally running over animals on the road, to take the carcasses home and eat them.

Sounds reasonable to me. 

I am not kidding.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1861 on: May 16, 2009, 09:20:06 AM »
I live in the same county with a state rep who shoved through a law in the Tennessee State Legislature that allowed drivers, accidentally running over animals on the road, to take the carcasses home and eat them.

Sounds reasonable to me. 

I am not kidding.

I think Pennsylvania has a similar law.  I know I've been offered road-kill venison on more than one occasion. 

Please, no Clark references.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Sarah

« Reply #1862 on: May 16, 2009, 09:45:52 AM »
I don't see the objection, really.  It cuts down on the amount of guts smeared on roads and gives sustenance to unsqueamish people.  Why is it preferable to let the animals rot?

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1863 on: May 16, 2009, 11:01:15 AM »
I think Pennsylvania has a similar law.  I know I've been offered road-kill venison on more than one occasion. 

Wouldn't be surprised. Between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, it's basically Alabama.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

hugman

« Reply #1864 on: May 16, 2009, 03:16:52 PM »
Re: The Show
-Tom, Aimee, and Patton was like a good version of a morning zoo
-While the past few episodes have been AMAZING, I do look forward to the next good topic that's put on the table.

Re: DFK
-DFK, you are a southern gentleman and the perfect example of the complexities of the South.  Taken your whole body of work, it's impossible to say with any credibility that you play into stereotypes.  Also, if I might add, I love southern accents.  They're the only accents in this country that are pleasing to the ear.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1865 on: May 16, 2009, 03:27:47 PM »
-While the past few episodes have been AMAZING, I do look forward to the next good topic that's put on the table.

-DFK, you are a southern gentleman and the perfect example of the complexities of the South.  Taken your whole body of work, it's impossible to say with any credibility that you play into stereotypes.  Also, if I might add, I love southern accents.  They're the only accents in this country that are pleasing to the ear.

Can I get your agent's phone number?

emma

« Reply #1866 on: May 16, 2009, 04:04:23 PM »
I don't see the objection, really.  It cuts down on the amount of guts smeared on roads and gives sustenance to unsqueamish people.  Why is it preferable to let the animals rot?

Just from a culinary standpoint, wouldn't your meal taste kind of rubbery/roadish?

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1867 on: May 16, 2009, 06:47:23 PM »

Women with Southern accents, they drive me crazy when I'm in that area.

Come on, Jason

« Reply #1868 on: May 17, 2009, 01:36:18 AM »
"3, and I mean E, he sings a song while staring out into the middle-distance, with a mad gleam in his eye."

Sarah

« Reply #1869 on: May 17, 2009, 07:23:42 AM »
Just from a culinary standpoint, wouldn't your meal taste kind of rubbery/roadish?

I imagine it would depend on how carefully one prepared the meat.  I, for example, would trim away everything that might have come in contact with tire or asphalt.  Often, though, one sees whole critters; standard butchery would be sufficient for them, I would think.

Jim McGriddles

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #1870 on: May 17, 2009, 02:35:39 PM »
I finally finished listening to this week's show last night: I had to stop listening to it on the T because I was giggling like an idiot.

Dittos on everything Larry the Perv-related this week, and Wurster's in-studio appearance was amazing. I was dying when he kept telling Aimee Mann to shut up.

Spike's question for Patton was also fantastic: I had no idea he would be able to top his question to Martin Short. His reluctance to accept Tom's invitation to the studio was also amazingly creepy.

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1871 on: May 17, 2009, 03:27:55 PM »
To anybody who wondered what the music I played last week was, since I failed to announce it:

CHROME CRANKS - Darkroom (from THE MURDER OF TIME comp)
AIMEE MANN - Columbus Avenue (from #*@# Smilers)
ELTON JOHN - Holiday Inn (from MADMAN ACROSS THE WATER)
KING KHAN - (How Can I Keep You) Outta Harms Way (from WHAT IS?)

Thanks!

Tom.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1872 on: May 18, 2009, 10:24:10 PM »
Re-listening to the podcast at work today, I literally had to stop working, take off my glasses, and wipe my eyes because I was laughing so hard at the Larry the Perv voicework segment.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1873 on: May 18, 2009, 11:05:40 PM »
You wear glasses? ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1874 on: May 19, 2009, 12:11:30 PM »
You wear glasses? ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Shut your mouth you piece of fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.