Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2779212 times)

Keith Whitener

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #1980 on: June 05, 2009, 02:04:35 PM »
It must be bad advertising for an activity that the only time people really talk about it is when someone accidentally dies of it. Come on, autoerotic asphyxia, get some better PR!

Sarah

« Reply #1981 on: June 05, 2009, 02:40:56 PM »
Don't know what you call it, but it's initials are "autoerotic asphyxiation."

Did anyone get that this was supposed to be read in a Paul Hogan voice?  Because if you did, you have a really clear line into how I think.   And that's not healthy.

I was thinking Hulk Hogan.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1982 on: June 05, 2009, 03:31:11 PM »
Don't know what you call it, but it's initials are "autoerotic asphyxiation."

Did anyone get that this was supposed to be read in a Paul Hogan voice?  Because if you did, you have a really clear line into how I think.   And that's not healthy.

I was thinking Hulk Hogan.

Close, but no Sinatra.

"Don't know whatcha call it, but I'll have some of what that big fat Sheila over there's havin'."  (DUNDEE punches RICHARD in the face).
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1983 on: June 05, 2009, 04:49:27 PM »
I'm still listening to it. This is like two 'There Will Be Blood's. Only without blood.

Also great moments: Explosion, the whole Pirahna 3D thing, Satanists don't want Satan to come back.

This whole thing is boosting my appreciation of Hodgman, which was high to begin with.

spaceprophet

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1984 on: June 05, 2009, 09:33:39 PM »
It's Mike on the mike on The Mike Show

I thought it was "It's Mike on the mic on The Mike Show." Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Also, if Tom were to consider changing his name to "Mike," I would gladly lend out my more rocking theme for a fee.

Can somebody print the lyrics out here for the Mike Show theme. I'm listening to the rip from the show and I can't tell what they are except for the chorus.

I haven't had this much trouble since trying to transcribe Brian Johnson in Fly On The Wall.
Silence...is golden. Duct tape...is silver.

pete

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #1985 on: June 05, 2009, 10:40:22 PM »
It must be bad advertising for an activity that the only time people really talk about it is when someone accidentally dies of it. Come on, autoerotic asphyxia, get some better PR!

AutoErotic AsphyxiationTM : Usually, You Don't Die!

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1986 on: June 06, 2009, 03:24:15 AM »
I finally got to listen to the whole show and frankly I can't decide what the best moment was.

Was it ten minutes of Larry the Perv?  Was it the Julie Show?  Was it the surprise expressed when Andy Daly called in?  Was it the combined joy provided by all the celebrity calls, including Matt Walsh finally breaking the silence!

I'll just have to listen again tonight.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

methanolcereal

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1987 on: June 06, 2009, 01:25:09 PM »
I'm a little disappointed we didn't get to hear from Brian Posehn and Tim Heidecker in the evening, but overall this was probably one of the best episodes in the history of the show.

As for my favorite part, Ramsey vs. James on the Mike Show was brilliant.
"Remember this call Ramsey?" and then Mike's maniacal laughter. Come to think of it, that moment may have been second to Tom saying something about the Mike Show being a Morning Zoo by way of David Lynch. That cracked me up long and hard.

Plus, the extended Larry segment and "Explosion".

I don't know about anyone else, but I already ordered my tickets for Piranha 3D on Fandango.

Anthony from Ireland

• Policemans heel
« Reply #1988 on: June 06, 2009, 01:32:07 PM »
Did anyone else think Tom got a bit mean towards the end? I thought he was mean to James and Larry.

J. Garbage

« Reply #1989 on: June 06, 2009, 01:42:08 PM »
He's always mean to James and Larry. 
They are literally glorified prank callers.

Actually he was totally nice to James.  He was trying to look him in the eye and tell him it would be all right, but James couldn't look him in the eye!!

Chad from Oregon

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1990 on: June 06, 2009, 02:02:52 PM »
He's always mean to James and Larry. 
They are literally glorified prank callers.

Actually he was totally nice to James.  He was trying to look him in the eye and tell him it would be all right, but James couldn't look him in the eye!!
Honestly, by the end while James was squirming and avoiding eye contact, I was nearly expecting Tom to ask James for a hug or something: "Come on James, how about it?"
I've got 99 problems but a FOT ain't one.

hugman

« Reply #1991 on: June 06, 2009, 02:03:05 PM »
Did anyone else think Tom got a bit mean towards the end? I thought he was mean to James and Larry there.

fixed

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #1992 on: June 06, 2009, 02:23:46 PM »
Did anyone else think Tom got a bit mean towards the end? I thought he was mean to James and Larry dere.

fixed

fixed

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
  • Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #1993 on: June 06, 2009, 04:12:29 PM »
For the record, James and I did share a hug after the show was over. He's a good guy.

Tom.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #1994 on: June 06, 2009, 04:19:31 PM »
I liked the 'cavalcade of Larrys' bit at the end there.