Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778324 times)

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #2175 on: June 25, 2009, 05:31:47 AM »
Best personal moment:  Getting a thumbs down for previously discussed on-the-job antics and NOT getting Heave-ho'd!!!
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

yaysarcasm

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2176 on: June 25, 2009, 06:41:15 AM »
The Brusher's prolonged "whaaaaaaaaaatt?"
He was natural police. And I don't say that about many people, even when they're here on the felt. I don't say that often unless it happens to be true. Nat'ral po-lice. But Christ, what an asshole.

colonel panic

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2177 on: June 25, 2009, 10:48:42 AM »
this show was an absolute gem, summed up by mr. fraction at the end. "did that just happen?"

The show was so great. It had this incredible pacing and Tom just kept moving it forward; it just flew by without it ever seeming to happen. It was like talking with your friends while waiting for a movie and then realizing you talked for 3 hours and the movie is over.

Geoff Johnston

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2178 on: June 25, 2009, 04:14:13 PM »
I thought the "too soon" meant that it was too soon to this late Cincinnati rock'n'roll "incident" (that was the first time I have ever typed Cincinnati; I just stared at my keyboard before pounding out Cincanaty and having spell check help me out). I wish there were a Cliffs notes for every joke on the BS; I probably miss like 75%. Especially the encyclopedic rock lore that JW brings.

They did a very special WKRP about it, even.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WKRP_in_Cincinnati_episodes#.22In_Concert.22_.282.2F11.2F80.29

I remember watching this as a kid and it really creeping me out.  As far as unsettling sitcom turns go, it's up there with that two-part episode of Diff'rent Strokes where the bicycle shop owner entertains Arnold and Dudley with dirty cartoons, shirtless wrestling, and a roofie bath.

Come to think of it, the bicycle shop owner was played by Gordon Jump...who was Mr Carlson on WKRP.  He was also in "A Dog's Tale" with David Bowe, who was in "A Few Good Men" with KEVIN BACON!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2179 on: June 25, 2009, 04:29:17 PM »
I thought the "too soon" meant that it was too soon to this late Cincinnati rock'n'roll "incident" (that was the first time I have ever typed Cincinnati; I just stared at my keyboard before pounding out Cincanaty and having spell check help me out). I wish there were a Cliffs notes for every joke on the BS; I probably miss like 75%. Especially the encyclopedic rock lore that JW brings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WKRP_in_Cincinnati_episodes#.22In_Concert.22_.282.2F11.2F80.29

I remember the station personnel were all crushed by what happened.

OH SNAP!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2180 on: June 25, 2009, 09:27:58 PM »

I remember the station personnel were all crushed by what happened.

OH SNAP!

Not to mention those turkeys. Was that the same episode?

roubaix

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2181 on: June 25, 2009, 11:46:02 PM »
Spike must be getting deep into Weirdos Exposed

kittykittymeowmixhead

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2182 on: June 26, 2009, 12:23:37 AM »
Fredericks = Crunch Berries!

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2183 on: June 26, 2009, 01:35:46 AM »
Two favourite parts:

1. Tom and Ted Leo discussing meeting Julie from Cincinatti in tones not unlike friends meeting a movie star
2. Referring to James Cromwell as Zephram Cochrane.

One thing I'm ashamed of:

1. Thinking "Waitasecond, that's not Iggy Pop, it's Fredericks" when he called himself James Osterberg. I have no excuse for recognizing that voice.

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2184 on: June 26, 2009, 02:43:05 AM »
Fredericks is tops.  His discretion in calling is admirable as well.
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

chrisfoll577

« Reply #2185 on: June 26, 2009, 06:32:32 AM »
TL's Bill the Butcher was pretty good!

The Who-Julie from Cincinatti 1979 connection.

Mike from Chicago's mind games with Tom.

Julie

« Reply #2186 on: June 26, 2009, 10:28:35 AM »
Fredericks is always funny.
I have a long history of booing

Pastor Josh

« Reply #2187 on: June 26, 2009, 10:41:28 AM »
He does a pretty decent Iggy Pop, too.  Maybe someone else can call in as Tom Waits and re-enact that scene from Coffee and Cigarettes.
Who I don't have chocolate?

orangewhip

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2188 on: June 26, 2009, 02:58:44 PM »
Amazing to see David Bowe mentioned!  Twinkie Wiener sandwich!!
"My week beats your year." -- Lou Reed. Liner notes to Metal Machine Music

Athrogate

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2189 on: June 26, 2009, 11:08:06 PM »
Another great moment, Frank from Weehawken: "Hey Tom, do you want to cut me off while I'm saying..."     *CLICK*
If honesty changed the hearts of men, who could contend? If all I thought were true, in this great divide that is my life, I fear to think of all that I'd undo, if all i thought were true.