Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2774318 times)

FrankFromWeehawken

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #2370 on: July 29, 2009, 07:37:06 AM »
"low-quality southern rap"

At least one of these terms is redundant

Stop it with the self-loathing, Dave-O.  At least on this topic.

I'm not a huge rap fan in general, so I was allowing for the possibility of there being some good southern rap, or at least some with a bit of production value. ICP's music sounds like it was done on a casio. I mainly just wanted to get across that I feel for the young fans of this group, emphasis on the word young.

I grew up a rap fan, I speak it as my native tongue. Let me tell you southern rap is the worst fucking shit ever. It has been the dominant stylistic mover in rap for the past 10 years. If you didn't like rap before, this is that but with 100 times more suck added to it all with a lilting provincial accent.

I agree T.E.   There was a time in the late 90's early 00's when I was worried that it would be overtaken by the midwest movement of Nelly and company, but it turns out my fears were much, much much worse.  With respect to Outkast, Devin the Dude, Scarface and maybe one or two others who have been doing it for years, I can not listen to anything else south of Washington D.C.  Unfortunately though where Hip Hop is right now, New York and the West Coast have mostly been slacking as well.

Oh and I forgot to add, in an associated story here is a recent article on the fall of southern rapper Mike Jones (the guy who used to give his cell phone number as a gimmick):

http://www.houstonpress.com/2009-07-23/music/mike-jones-who/

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2371 on: July 29, 2009, 11:20:18 AM »
i disagree.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2372 on: July 29, 2009, 11:37:25 AM »
The mention of "Shagland Todd Dope" just made my morning.

todd

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2373 on: July 29, 2009, 11:59:56 AM »
everything larry the perv does is gold and he should have his own show and it should be 24 hours long and be broadcast 7 days a week

erechoveraker

« Reply #2374 on: July 29, 2009, 12:07:54 PM »
I let out a little gasp when Aimee called whatever that was "retarded", I think she was talking about that speaking german scene.

Also, the entire Juggalo call was great. Playing that at work this weekend, since we've all been on an ICP hate lately. There are shockingly a lot of Juggalo's in Seattle, I had no idea or never noticed or something, but wow.

todd

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2375 on: July 29, 2009, 12:47:21 PM »
I let out a little gasp when Aimee called whatever that was "retarded", I think she was talking about that speaking german scene.

Boy you're a delicate little flower, huh?

Chad from Oregon

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2376 on: July 29, 2009, 01:01:34 PM »

Also, the entire Juggalo call was great. Playing that at work this weekend, since we've all been on an ICP hate lately. There are shockingly a lot of Juggalo's in Seattle, I had no idea or never noticed or something, but wow.
I am so going to be keeping my eyes peeled next month when I'm in Seattle. Sadly, I will be up there on the 9th and 10th - just as the Juggalofest is wrapping up.

Then again, I'm sure that there will be plenty of heartbroken Juggalos and Juggalettes who are not allowed to leave the state sticking around to keep mall food courts populated.
I've got 99 problems but a FOT ain't one.

erechoveraker

« Reply #2377 on: July 29, 2009, 01:11:07 PM »
Boy you're a delicate little flower, huh?

YES.

I am so going to be keeping my eyes peeled next month when I'm in Seattle. Sadly, I will be up there on the 9th and 10th - just as the Juggalofest is wrapping up.

I think every day is a Juggalofest for most of these unemployed jerks.

Mr. Science

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2378 on: July 29, 2009, 01:12:08 PM »
The mention of "Shagland Todd Dope" just made my morning.

+1

ps. Follow (along with A.M.) the narrator of the Great Gatsby on Twitter: http://twitter.com/NickCarraway

MikeInManhattan

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2379 on: July 29, 2009, 02:23:22 PM »

I agree with whatever Frank From Weehawken says at all times - including his unflinching stance on creationism...

<above modified>

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2380 on: July 29, 2009, 02:26:28 PM »
I always enjoy Frank from Weehawken's calls. His insight is valued.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2381 on: July 29, 2009, 11:12:44 PM »
Who would win in a gangfight, Juggalos or Bugaloos?

AndrewVDill

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2382 on: July 29, 2009, 11:18:55 PM »
Who would win in a gangfight, Juggalos or Bugaloos?

Everyone else?
You'll like it in hell; it's a lot like New Jersey.

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2383 on: July 29, 2009, 11:34:48 PM »
How do we know that that fake Guy Fieri at the baseball game was not, in fact, Violent J? Apologies to any minds that have just been blown.
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

MikeInManhattan

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2384 on: July 30, 2009, 01:29:42 PM »
TacoSmith,
Upon reading that I had to sit down. And since I was already sitting, I just fell asleep in my chair.

MikeFromM*nh*tt*n