Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778218 times)

methanolcereal

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #2550 on: August 14, 2009, 06:27:38 PM »

I love how little of a clue the people behind this product have about who their target audience is and what they want.

Is there are target audience or anyone who want this?

Exactly. They have no idea that the answer is "no one wants this". There's as much of a demand for this as there is for caffeinated condensed soup.

Quick! To the patent office!

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2551 on: August 14, 2009, 06:33:46 PM »

I love how little of a clue the people behind this product have about who their target audience is and what they want.

Is there are target audience or anyone who want this?

Exactly. They have no idea that the answer is "no one wants this". There's as much of a demand for this as there is for caffeinated condensed soup.

Quick! To the patent office!

I already got our application in.  We come right after caffeinated soap. 
http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/accessories/5a65/

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2552 on: August 15, 2009, 11:26:18 AM »
Yeah, I'm not sure if that's just a picture that was used trying to get people to adopt him or if it means someone actually adopted him.

Please let it be the second.

I worry that it was the former and will continue to do so till someone finds out for sure.  I tried Googling for peace of mind to no avail.

Rest easy, Sarah.

Thank you to all who never give up on these dogs and continue to network your hearts out! TAZ was adopted today! Woooooffffiiieeeeee!
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

dnk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2553 on: August 16, 2009, 04:02:54 PM »
Best: Tom asking PFT for the last name of somebody just so he could say "FOGG OUT!" And PFT laughing afterwards, "That's why you asked me!"
Worst: I wanted more of the Tombstone Kid-Matt Fraction interview. Luckily, we can still look forward to part 2.

Yeah, I'm not sure if that's just a picture that was used trying to get people to adopt him or if it means someone actually adopted him.

Please let it be the second.

I worry that it was the former and will continue to do so till someone finds out for sure.  I tried Googling for peace of mind to no avail.

Rest easy, Sarah.

Thank you to all who never give up on these dogs and continue to network your hearts out! TAZ was adopted today! Woooooffffiiieeeeee!

That's great to hear.

How'd Tom get to hear about this particular dog anyhow?

Sarah

« Reply #2554 on: August 17, 2009, 09:08:42 AM »
Thanks, B.  I feel better.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2555 on: August 17, 2009, 10:39:26 AM »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but apparently he has been un-adopted. Apparently he didn't get along with the other dog(s) in his new home. Right now they're trying to raise money to board him for a few weeks until they can get him to a home where he'll fit in.

My heart sank when I saw this news.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2556 on: August 17, 2009, 10:45:21 AM »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but apparently he has been un-adopted. Apparently he didn't get along with the other dog(s) in his new home. Right now they're trying to raise money to board him for a few weeks until they can get him to a home where he'll fit in.

My heart sank when I saw this news.

this makes me outraged.

Geoff Johnston

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2557 on: August 17, 2009, 11:49:01 AM »
Ben K. dropping the mic.

Sarah

« Reply #2558 on: August 17, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »
As someone who had to unadopt a dog after three months because of internecine strife, I can't automatically think ill of the people who found they couldn't keep him.  He's a big guy in his prime and would probably be better off as an only dog or the lone male among females.  After all, even tamed nature can be red in tooth and claw.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2559 on: August 17, 2009, 12:02:23 PM »
It's hard to admit that you have to get rid of an animal, but if they're not getting along with the other animals in the house, sometimes it just has to be that way. Aggression isn't good for anyone to live with, even a shelter dog... it's not to be taken lightly.

Volunteer at your local SPCA... give them supplies... adopt any sort of pet... preach preach preach preach preach... let me know if you want a cute little baby kitty... i currently have one living on my porch.... beg beg beg beg beg
from the land of pleasant living

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2560 on: August 17, 2009, 12:06:42 PM »
oh, to clarify, i am outraged at the situation, not at the owner.  it's a real shame, but i would rather Taz find a happy home and not a stressful environment.

apologies for any confusion this may have caused. 

PS- i second erika's fine print.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2561 on: August 17, 2009, 12:09:00 PM »
oooh you want me to ship you a kitty? ;) we've been taking care of her since her alcoholic owners don't let her in the house and seem to have given up on feeding her.

(honestly, though, I have a possible spot set up for her in the fall/winter at the Defenders of Animal Rights, which is no-kill. so she'll be ok long-term)

from the land of pleasant living

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2562 on: August 17, 2009, 12:22:16 PM »
he looks exactly like my cat, wheat!  do you know how old he is?  i might be able to take him off your hands.  i'll be in memphis the last week of september. 

send details: iambaronvontito2@gmail.com

thanks, erika!

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #2563 on: August 17, 2009, 12:40:52 PM »
As someone who had to unadopt a dog after three months because of internecine strife, I can't automatically think ill of the people who found they couldn't keep him.  He's a big guy in his prime and would probably be better off as an only dog or the lone male among females.  After all, even tamed nature can be red in tooth and claw.

I want a dog really really badly, but I'm afraid to get one because I have two cats now - so I have to make sure the animals all get along. I also travel a lot for my job and it's very different getting someone to take care of cats vs dogs while you're away for a few days. If I had to give a dog back it would kill me.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2564 on: August 17, 2009, 12:51:05 PM »

I want a dog really really badly, but I'm afraid to get one because I have two cats now - so I have to make sure the animals all get along. I also travel a lot for my job and it's very different getting someone to take care of cats vs dogs while you're away for a few days. If I had to give a dog back it would kill me.

same here. 

ive tried mapping out the time it would take to drive to pasadena to pick up this dog and take him with me, but unfortunately the screening process alone makes it near impossible for me to adopt Taz before i move to memphis so i can take him with me; something tells me they wouldnt appreciate seeing him drive off in a car across the country. 

:-\