Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2779352 times)

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #2670 on: September 02, 2009, 04:29:45 PM »
That was a great, great show. I always like Therese's song choices but the Therese and Mike show was outtasight.

I am glad Mike gets to go out on a high note because he should certainly be fired for insubordination upon Tom.'s return.

I'm listening to it now. I am really, really enjoying this playlist. I don't know any of these songs and I love 'em all.

Deep cuts yay!

Chad from Oregon

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2671 on: September 02, 2009, 04:50:46 PM »
The Sweet And Sour Hour was *all* W!

I was quite impressed with how well behaved the unscreened calls were last night - though I have to admit, part of me was eagerly anticipating a call beginning with, "Hello dere, Michael" with no Tom to be found anywhere near the button to drop the call.
I've got 99 problems but a FOT ain't one.

LesSavyFan

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2672 on: September 02, 2009, 05:30:35 PM »
Not sure if Therese reads these things but I just wanted to say great job! on the show last night. It was excellent.

And this might get me permanently banned by Tom but I gotta give the same praise to Mike. Nice work Mike.

Trotskie

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2673 on: September 02, 2009, 05:53:02 PM »
I was surprised at how nice and well behaved all the callers were.

Agreed.  I thought that both the hosts and the listenership brought it for what was a very entertaining 3 hours. 

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2674 on: September 02, 2009, 05:58:44 PM »
Loved the bed music!

panasonicyouth

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2675 on: September 02, 2009, 07:35:53 PM »
Bah, I missed it! Again! :(

dnk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2676 on: September 02, 2009, 10:41:46 PM »
With such widespread and high praise, I think I'm definitely going to check out the archives.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2677 on: September 02, 2009, 11:03:09 PM »
Bah, I missed it! Again! :(

And you missed the chat as well.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2678 on: September 03, 2009, 02:52:05 AM »
With such widespread and high praise, I think I'm definitely going to check out the archives.

You can't go wrong with the Archives.  Some nights at work I'll just pick a random episode, and it's always satisfying.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

dnk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2679 on: September 03, 2009, 03:02:54 AM »

You can't go wrong with the Archives.  Some nights at work I'll just pick a random episode, and it's always satisfying.

You might be a little confused (or I might be). I was talking about listening to Therese's archives because of all the praise about her and Mike's fill-in show on Tuesday night.

Although you're not wrong, random selections from TBS archives is definitely always a treat.

AndrewVDill

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2680 on: September 03, 2009, 11:41:09 AM »
I feel compelled to share my childhood trauma here since I couldn't think of it at the time.

As a child my family lived near the woods.  One night my dad came and woke me up because there was a bear in the backyard.  I was about three and had never seen a bear before so I was really excited.  The whole family went out on the deck to watch the bear just kind of amble around the yard.  Then things went south.  The bear ripped the door off of our metal shed and went inside.  He came back out carrying our rabbits' cage.  He threw it on the ground, ripped it open and ate all of our rabbits.  Right in front of my horrified three year old eyes.
You'll like it in hell; it's a lot like New Jersey.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #2681 on: September 03, 2009, 11:53:59 AM »
I feel compelled to share my childhood trauma here since I couldn't think of it at the time.

As a child my family lived near the woods.  One night my dad came and woke me up because there was a bear in the backyard.  I was about three and had never seen a bear before so I was really excited.  The whole family went out on the deck to watch the bear just kind of amble around the yard.  Then things went south.  The bear ripped the door off of our metal shed and went inside.  He came back out carrying our rabbits' cage.  He threw it on the ground, ripped it open and ate all of our rabbits.  Right in front of my horrified three year old eyes.

This is fantastic! I take that back. I mean, I wish you would have called in with this story. I encourage anyone else who has a good childhood trauma to feel free to share. It wasn't until the day after the show that I realized that I had suppressed some of my worst childhood traumas. One of these was the incident when a neighbor slit his throat and then left a trail of blood as he ran around the neighborhood bleeding out. If I recall correctly, he perished while sitting at another neighbor's picnic table. The neighborhood kids and myself were eager to trace his footsteps the next day to see if we could find any blood.
See God, Kai

Big Plastic Head

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2682 on: September 03, 2009, 11:56:17 AM »

This is fantastic! I take that back. I mean, I wish you would have called in with this story. I encourage anyone else who has a good childhood trauma to feel free to share. It wasn't until the day after the show that I realized that I had suppressed some of my worst childhood traumas. One of these was the incident when a neighbor slit his throat and then left a trail of blood as he ran around the neighborhood bleeding out. If I recall correctly, he perished while sitting at another neighbor's picnic table. The neighborhood kids and myself were eager to trace his footsteps the next day to see if we could find any blood.

I almost called in with mine too. Shouldn't we save it for the next Sweet & Sour Hour?
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2683 on: September 03, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »

That is horrific. Poor kid.

betheboy

« Reply #2684 on: September 03, 2009, 01:46:46 PM »

Oh My, you poor kid.