Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778967 times)

betheboy

Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #2685 on: September 03, 2009, 01:52:02 PM »
I called in on Tuesday with a story about school but i considered telling another one.  I could not tell if it was traumatic or awesome though so I'll let you decide:

When I was 10 years old I visited the Museum of Natural History. While I was standing in the mineral room contemplating how shiny the rocks were, a girl stepped behind me put her hands on my shoulders, whispered in my ear and kissed me. Full on kissed the way no ten year old boy should have a right to experience, followed by the tongue in mouth and bite on the neck.

This story would be better or at least less creepy if she wasn’t 16 years my senior and a friend of my mother.

It was either that story or the time I mistook a tape my father and the neighbors had made for a tape of the Jet game.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2686 on: September 03, 2009, 02:11:40 PM »
I called in on Tuesday with a story about school but i considered telling another one.  I could not tell if it was traumatic or awesome though so I'll let you decide:

When I was 10 years old I visited the Museum of Natural History. While I was standing in the mineral room contemplating how shiny the rocks were, a girl stepped behind me put her hands on my shoulders, whispered in my ear and kissed me. Full on kissed the way no ten year old boy should have a right to experience, followed by the tongue in mouth and bite on the neck.

This story would be better or at least less creepy if she wasn’t 16 years my senior and a friend of my mother.

It was either that story or the time I mistook a tape my father and the neighbors had made for a tape of the Jet game.

A tape your father and the neighbors had made or a "tape" your father and the neighbors had made?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

betheboy

« Reply #2687 on: September 03, 2009, 02:25:01 PM »

A tape your father and the neighbors had made or a "tape" your father and the neighbors had made?

That would be "tape".  if Tom allows another Mike Show I'll try to call in with it. 

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2688 on: September 03, 2009, 03:09:42 PM »
in that case, i think the quotation marks would be better placed on "Jets game".

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2689 on: September 03, 2009, 03:22:03 PM »
my child trauma stems from an instance when i got sick inside a brand new store after stuffing myself with scrambled eggs and bacon that morning.  needless to say, when my mother and i returned from cleaning me up in the bathroom, they had sectioned off where i vomited- complete with chunks of eggs and chunks of bacon.  

i havent been able to eat either since.

Chad from Oregon

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2690 on: September 03, 2009, 06:33:39 PM »
I feel compelled to share my childhood trauma here since I couldn't think of it at the time.

As a child my family lived near the woods.  One night my dad came and woke me up because there was a bear in the backyard.  I was about three and had never seen a bear before so I was really excited.  The whole family went out on the deck to watch the bear just kind of amble around the yard.  Then things went south.  The bear ripped the door off of our metal shed and went inside.  He came back out carrying our rabbits' cage.  He threw it on the ground, ripped it open and ate all of our rabbits.  Right in front of my horrified three year old eyes.

This is fantastic! I take that back. I mean, I wish you would have called in with this story. I encourage anyone else who has a good childhood trauma to feel free to share. It wasn't until the day after the show that I realized that I had suppressed some of my worst childhood traumas. One of these was the incident when a neighbor slit his throat and then left a trail of blood as he ran around the neighborhood bleeding out. If I recall correctly, he perished while sitting at another neighbor's picnic table. The neighborhood kids and myself were eager to trace his footsteps the next day to see if we could find any blood.
And here ladies and gentlemen, would be the AP Mike origin story. It all begins here! Not a hoax! Not an imaginary story!
I've got 99 problems but a FOT ain't one.

Sarah

« Reply #2691 on: September 03, 2009, 06:39:43 PM »
I have led such a peaceful, wholesome life.

dnk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2692 on: September 03, 2009, 08:51:55 PM »
I've listened to the first half or so of The Therese and Mike Show slash The Sweet And Sour Hour slash whatever it's called. Pretty good. I especially really liked all the music choices. Definitely good stuff so far.

This was also the first time I heard Ted Leo's McCartney cover from the premium. I'm so sad I don't have that CD.

dania

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2693 on: September 04, 2009, 05:31:29 PM »
"Wait a minute!  Is this Eureka Zeke???" 

"That's right."

"...I thought I killed you!" 

That moment slayed me!

Kid Pain

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2694 on: September 09, 2009, 02:00:45 PM »
"quote unquote be-yotchy"

redmedicine

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2695 on: September 10, 2009, 05:21:38 PM »
I smoked cheeba with Peter Tork once.

betheboy

« Reply #2696 on: September 10, 2009, 06:19:39 PM »
Great moment from Tuesday: John Hodgman's plan to launch Lisajanepersky.com as his own personal site. 

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2697 on: September 10, 2009, 06:26:29 PM »
The last five minutes or so of the show, when Karl (Carl?) was talking about his magazines, and both host and guests were barely holding it together (laugh-wise) - amazing.

Mr. Science

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2698 on: September 10, 2009, 08:18:11 PM »
Great moment from Tuesday: John Hodgman's plan to launch Lisajanepersky.com as his own personal site. 

+1

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"America's Most Dutch Tunnel", JH.

"Sounds like the host is eating fudge", Carl N.A.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2699 on: September 10, 2009, 11:22:55 PM »
"After seeing Inglorious Basterds, do you guys think less of Hitler now?"
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"