Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777906 times)

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #2775 on: September 18, 2009, 03:23:38 PM »
I am rooting for Larry. At one point though I think he asked Laurie if her brother had a sister.

yaysarcasm

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2776 on: September 18, 2009, 06:09:52 PM »
"What are you 50? No big deal I look cougars."
"I'm 20"
"Roar hehe oh my god you're 20?"
He was natural police. And I don't say that about many people, even when they're here on the felt. I don't say that often unless it happens to be true. Nat'ral po-lice. But Christ, what an asshole.

screamdracula

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2777 on: September 18, 2009, 11:40:02 PM »

--Carl to Tom: "You're being kind of a sssssmart ass."
--The Mike Show background music, the creepiest music ever.
--Tom is trying to get Werner Herzog (or Bruno S) on the show! Stroszeck II!

HaroldBlvd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2778 on: September 19, 2009, 08:11:16 AM »
Tom tells Spike the reason Spike doesn't like Larry the Perv is that they are both working the same side of the street. I just thought that was so funny.

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2779 on: September 19, 2009, 02:17:27 PM »
The best moment for me was:

Larry: "Whattaya havin dere fa dinna?"

Laurie: "I already had dinner."

Larry: "That was kinda rude a ya dere."

:D

and

"What are your dreams and aspirations?"

hahalaughlaugh
X2
I'd like to hear Larry on a date with Dania next week.  Tom, please make "A date with Larry" happen every week.
veni dixie vici

Reeleyes

« Reply #2780 on: September 20, 2009, 12:25:13 AM »
I quite enjoyed the L&L date but it seemed to me that Laurie was doing that thing that the rich popular kids did in grade school do where she was over making fun of Larry as if it would make her cooler but judging from the chat that night it backfired because he was trying to be as decent as a guy who's moniker is "Da Perv" could be... Oh and we're not in grade school could be another reason it backfired. Wow never thought I'd side with LDP. Be nice Laurie, you didn't even have to see the guy.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

Big Plastic Head

« Reply #2781 on: September 20, 2009, 01:56:38 AM »
Tom tells Spike the reason Spike doesn't like Larry the Perv is that they are both working the same side of the street. I just thought that was so funny.
It's funny 'cause it's true.
Congratulations. You are now a mouse cursor inside a graphics program that the client can control by speaking, emailing and instant messaging.

Mr. Science

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2782 on: September 20, 2009, 04:09:30 AM »
I quite enjoyed the L&L date but it seemed to me that Laurie was doing that thing that the rich popular kids did in grade school do where she was over making fun of Larry as if it would make her cooler but judging from the chat that night it backfired because he was trying to be as decent as a guy who's moniker is "Da Perv" could be... Oh and we're not in grade school could be another reason it backfired. Wow never thought I'd side with LDP. Be nice Laurie, you didn't even have to see the guy.

+1

She just couldn't drop it and play along.

hugman

« Reply #2783 on: September 20, 2009, 04:55:21 AM »
While I agree that Larry was quite the conversationalist on this radio date, cut Laurie a little slack.  It was obviously an uncomfortable scenario for her and she was a sport to hang in there for the whole thing.

kevin_

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2784 on: September 20, 2009, 12:31:15 PM »
just finished the podcast this morning. radio date delivered beyond all expectations. best show in 2009: julie from cincinnati show, larry/laurie date, mike show:: happy days: laverne and shirley, mork and mindy, joannie loves chachi.

i was hoping the slow fade out of the date meant there would be a part ii. fingers doubtfully crossed.

spike needs to step up his movie reviews. larry the perv for now is my favorite deranged tom acolyte.

Kim Kelly

« Reply #2785 on: September 20, 2009, 05:50:32 PM »

+1

I did apologize on the boards already. I'm not making excuses, but I had two Duvels with dinner, which was probably a mistake.

Edited because no one cares about how unpopular I was in school and it all sounds way too poor, poor pitiful me.
Too soon?

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2786 on: September 20, 2009, 07:59:55 PM »

+1

I did apologize on the boards already. I'm not making excuses, but I had two Duvels with dinner, which was probably a mistake.

Edited because no one cares about how unpopular I was in school and it all sounds way too poor, poor pitiful me.

Laurie, I found you as enchanting as ever. Sincerely.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2787 on: September 20, 2009, 10:34:14 PM »
Laurie, I think you were just taken by surprise by how engaging and persistent Larry was.

On your next radio date, I'm sure you'll do better.

Pastor Josh

« Reply #2788 on: September 20, 2009, 10:58:48 PM »
Laurie, I might have been hard on you, but you were responsible for the segment being as great as it was.  I hope it wasn't too creepy for you.
Who I don't have chocolate?

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #2789 on: September 20, 2009, 11:04:56 PM »
When Tom, as if experiencing some sort of moment of clarity after realizing he has just chosen a puppet to be his heir apparent, exclaims "What IS this SHOW???"
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom