Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2779105 times)

fyodor

• Policemans heel
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #2805 on: September 21, 2009, 05:57:17 PM »
Laurie always brings it (and by "it" I mean once in a while comparing peoples' appearance to other peoples' appearance but mostly just bringin' it!). Where are those movie reviews, Spike?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2806 on: September 21, 2009, 06:21:40 PM »
Laurie always brings it (and by "it" I mean once in a while comparing peoples' appearance to other peoples' appearance but mostly just bringin' it!). Where are those movie reviews, Spike?

I think I just stepped in "it".
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Kim Kelly

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2807 on: September 21, 2009, 07:03:55 PM »

I think I just stepped in "it".

Don't ever change, Fredericks.
Too soon?

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2808 on: September 21, 2009, 07:12:26 PM »
I'm mad that I just wasted several seconds of my life waiting for the complete text of Spike's message to scroll past. What, did I think it was going to get good when the part I couldn't see came up?
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Chad from Oregon

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2809 on: September 21, 2009, 07:26:13 PM »
Spike seems to be having trouble with his movie reviews... and Lawrence is "aspiring" to "make" "movies".

You know where this is going... it would be like a mighty Marvel Team-Up.

Only going a bit light with the "mighty". Think along the lines of Aunt May meeting an unpopular Alpha Flight character from the mid-90's.

(I completely lost track of where I was going with that...)
I've got 99 problems but a FOT ain't one.

Pastor Josh

« Reply #2810 on: September 21, 2009, 09:39:50 PM »
Always what now?  Spike, I love you, but Laurie should be declared Queen o' the FOTs.  She brings the amazingness, even on her off days.
Who I don't have chocolate?

scratchbomb

« Reply #2811 on: September 21, 2009, 10:18:38 PM »
Spike seems to be having trouble with his movie reviews... and Lawrence is "aspiring" to "make" "movies".

You know where this is going... it would be like a mighty Marvel Team-Up.

I'm guessing it ends more like a Marvel Throw-Up
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2812 on: September 21, 2009, 10:27:46 PM »
This is missing the little biplane pulling the banner.

A very befitting punishment for the always annoying Laurie from Miami. Her radio date with Larry the Perv is very appropriate.

Reeleyes

« Reply #2813 on: September 21, 2009, 10:32:06 PM »
I quite enjoyed the L&L date but it seemed to me that Laurie was doing that thing that the rich popular kids did in grade school do where she was over making fun of Larry as if it would make her cooler but judging from the chat that night it backfired because he was trying to be as decent as a guy who's moniker is "Da Perv" could be... Oh and we're not in grade school could be another reason it backfired. Wow never thought I'd side with LDP. Be nice Laurie, you didn't even have to see the guy.

+1

She just couldn't drop it and play along.

I did apologize on the boards already. I'm not making excuses, but I had two Duvels with dinner, which was probably a mistake.

Edited because no one cares about how unpopular I was in school and it all sounds way too poor, poor pitiful me.

As a poor unpopular kid who was only one step ahead of that kid that smelled like pee (every class had one) I had to stick up for the underdog but Laurie, you're still a quality caller. In the future, go with a hearty bourbon before something like that.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2814 on: September 22, 2009, 11:02:09 AM »
As a poor unpopular kid who was only one step ahead of that kid that smelled like pee (every class had one) I had to stick up for the underdog but Laurie, you're still a quality caller. In the future, go with a hearty bourbon before something like that.

Oh, Laurie's the best. I think people jump to conclusions about her because of the adorableness of her voice and giggling.

Who wouldn't be terrified of a public tete-a-tete with Larry da Perv? I find him much more inscrutable than Spike. Much more mystique. And, he's a lot funnier. But if he had designs on me, and a venue for expressing them, I would be very uncomfortable. As Tom has expressed many times: he calls himself "Larry the Perv." Any contempt or disdain he receives from others is wholly deserved.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2815 on: September 22, 2009, 11:05:01 AM »
Larry and Laurie are probably my two favorite callers based on their voices alone. Make of that what you will. Needless to say, I thought the radio date was a highlight of this season of The Best and Mike Show.

Mr. Science

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2816 on: September 22, 2009, 12:18:54 PM »
I am rooting for Larry. At one point though I think he asked Laurie if her brother had a sister.

Ha!

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2817 on: September 23, 2009, 12:09:39 AM »
I laughed a lot when (1) Larry asked Tom to tell Bill Cosby he says "hi" and (2) when Larry posited that Bill Cosby is possibly a "Doctor of Entertainment."

Imagining the former happening is delightful for so many reasons.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Creekmore_Banks

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2818 on: September 23, 2009, 12:11:39 AM »
I'd like to note that Tom's "nice jacket" encounter with nick dipaolo should be a premise of a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode.

The episode should end with Tom urinating on nick's jacket--only to discover that it's actually Funkhouser's grandfather's cheap leather jacket. Also, Funkhouser's grandfather died in the Holocaust.

Shaq and a group of onlookers are appalled.

AndrewVDill

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2819 on: September 23, 2009, 12:12:48 AM »
I laughed a lot when (1) Larry asked Tom to tell Bill Cosby he says "hi" and (2) when Larry posited that Bill Cosby is possibly a "Doctor of Entertainment."

Imagining the former happening is delightful for so many reasons.

I believe Larry also theorized Cosby could be a DMV.
You'll like it in hell; it's a lot like New Jersey.