Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2779557 times)

pete

• Achilles bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #2880 on: September 29, 2009, 11:51:45 PM »
James Urbaniak: "I am Capitalism! I am the Military Industrial Complex!"

That was my moment of the show, out of a lot of really great moments.  Urbaniak really did rule.

And AlizaEss --  I think it was KickTheBobo that made that.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2881 on: September 30, 2009, 12:56:51 AM »
My favorite moment, honest to god, was when the guy from Newark... California kept describing the Mexican dishes to Tom.  How do these people still find the Best Show week after week?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Mr. Science

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2882 on: September 30, 2009, 01:26:12 AM »
My favorite moment, honest to god, was when the guy from Newark... California kept describing the Mexican dishes to Tom.  How do these people still find the Best Show week after week?

awesome.

+1

---------------------------------------------------------------

liked(?) Donny Darko doing ripping the show there at the end ...

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2883 on: September 30, 2009, 01:32:07 AM »
I liked Tom's talk with Spike.  With each question Spike seemed to get more and more disinterested or deflated at least.  After all these years calling in, I am still not sure Spike understands the show. 

I hope the book is real though.  Publish it old timey, either as a fanzine or as a feature in local free papers. 

Or give the public a chapter for free, we can print out fliers and distribute them to gas stations and college centers and coffee shops.  I will help out for sure.

I want this thing sold and available for purchase.
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

methanolcereal

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2884 on: September 30, 2009, 01:39:15 AM »
I'm a really big fan of James Urbaniak now.  That guy's pretty great.
Agreed! Not that Jackson Publick wasn't great, but Urbaniak fit in perfectly.
Couldn't have said it better.

hugman

« Reply #2885 on: September 30, 2009, 01:42:59 AM »
I liked Tom's talk with Spike.  With each question Spike seemed to get more and more disinterested or deflated at least.  After all these years calling in, I am still not sure Spike understands the show. 

I hope the book is real though.  Publish it old timey, either as a fanzine or as a feature in local free papers. 

Or give the public a chapter for free, we can print out fliers and distribute them to gas stations and college centers and coffee shops.  I will help out for sure.

like I said in the chat, Spike is like the main character in The Informant! This book does not exist.

LesSavyFan

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2886 on: September 30, 2009, 01:48:44 AM »
Jackson Publick brought it. James Urbaniak really brought it. Doc Hammer did not bring it. That's all I gotta say about that.

ben

« Reply #2887 on: September 30, 2009, 01:53:20 AM »

like I said in the chat, Spike is like the main character in The Informant! This book does not exist.

I'm willing to write a chapter for him.  Is this on the fan fiction part of the FOT board yet?  In these economic times dungeons are hit the hardest.  Spike needs and DESERVES our help.  Let's write him the book ourselves.
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

Zeke0

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2888 on: September 30, 2009, 02:05:47 AM »
Urbaniak's Bayonne voice absolutely killed me.

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2889 on: September 30, 2009, 08:09:26 AM »
The musical theatre nerd in me loved Tom singing Bye, Bye Birdie last week, with that reference to the guy in the jalopy where you only see him once with all the chicks, then he disappears.  Then, this week, he actually plays "You Gotta Be Sincere." I think we need to get him in that show.  He would be a great foil for John Stamos.
Doing it Mentos style.

Jason from Huntsville, AL

« Reply #2890 on: September 30, 2009, 08:51:21 AM »
Spike keeping his book locked up at work because his house isn't safe. Reminds of that David Mamet film "The Spanish Patient Prisoner."

If we ever want to see this book we either have to find the guy with the other key or stage an elaborate con where we convince Spike that we're the FBI and he's gonna help us sting some executive at Simon & Schuster.
"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2891 on: September 30, 2009, 09:07:42 AM »
like I said in the chat, Spike is like the main character in The Informant!

Hahaha, perfect. Except his interior monologues are all about soap operas, horror movies, doo-wop, Lynn Samuels, Howard Stern, and The Sims.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Wes

« Reply #2892 on: September 30, 2009, 09:32:43 AM »

Yeah, the Newark, CA Guy was the perfect caller, though you and I disagree on his future with the Best Show. I think you said that he'll listen to the call again and remember some more Mexican dishes that he should describe on the show to the East Coast audience, while I'm pretty sure he's going to listen to the call, suddenly realize that Tom was stringing him along and fly into a rage across Newark II. The George M. Silliman Community Activity and Family Aquatic Center will never be the same again.

My favorite Newark, CA fact that I've learned so far, easily eclisping the knowledge that Christopher Titus is the town's favorite son: "In 2005, Newark Days celebrated Newark's 50th anniversary, with a 1950's theme and the return of Arknew, a kangaroo that was Newark's old town mascot." Arknew. That is oddly Newbridgian.

The guy who called in and asked the question about It was also a quality call. I think he called back in later to identify himself as a Sick Clique member, but I could be wrong there.
This may be the year I will disappear.

AlizaEss

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2893 on: September 30, 2009, 09:33:48 AM »

And AlizaEss --  I think it was KickTheBobo that made that.

Thanks Pete: I was 99% sure but didn't want to screw it up

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2894 on: September 30, 2009, 09:34:46 AM »
My favorite moment, honest to god, was when the guy from Newark... California kept describing the Mexican dishes to Tom.  How do these people still find the Best Show week after week?

Those Mexican dishes would go along well with the 'Mexican Jam Session'.

Also: 'The Spanish Prisoner'. Or is it the English Prisoner and the Spanish Patient?