Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777871 times)

JohnEBGood

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #3060 on: October 24, 2009, 11:55:23 AM »
Great name for Therese and Mike - "The Other Side of the Console"

JeffreyC

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3061 on: October 24, 2009, 01:34:44 PM »
I'm calling BS on the killing kid with rock story in the ravine.

I really enjoyed all of the childhood hole digging stories - what is it about suburban boredom that forces children to dig into the earth?

Also PFT's call at the end was the sunshine that made the cloud of darkness disappear.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3062 on: October 24, 2009, 07:11:07 PM »
When Tom called in to the Therese and Mike show, the first thing I thought Mike might say was "What, are you calling from the moon? Are you in a well? A coal mine?" When Mike let that pass, and Tom threatened "next week there's going to be a collective shower", it seemed to me like a suggestion for a favorite regular segment on future Mike shows.

Mike and Therese need a 2AM - 6AM show, so that they will have to fill all of those dead hours with increasingly surrealistic/disturbing dialogue.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3063 on: October 25, 2009, 05:45:40 PM »
I'm calling BS on the killing kid with rock story in the ravine.

I really enjoyed all of the childhood hole digging stories - what is it about suburban boredom that forces children to dig into the earth?

Also PFT's call at the end was the sunshine that made the cloud of darkness disappear.

I was impressed by the extent of the digging, actually. My friends and I managed to put up a death trap of a tree house, but that was about it.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3064 on: October 25, 2009, 06:05:32 PM »
Too bad I wasn't able to call in on Tuesday - I have enough stories of childhood cruelty to last an entire show. Most of them are about the same dude, a friend of mine who between the age of 8-15, I'd say, was nuts and did some horrible things to other people, animals, and himself (like hitting himself in the head with an axe). 50% of the time he was a nice guy you wanted to hang out with, and 50% of the time he was a nightmare. Maybe not so much an evil guy, more like a loose cannon with sprinkles of pure insanity. It was always an adventure going over to his house, cause you'd never know what mood he'd be in. Would we end up watching a movie, or would he attack and try to kill me as I approached his house? Sometimes it ended up like something out of the Pink Panther movies - with him being the lurking Cato.

You'll be glad to know he's settled down now, he's a family man, and yes, we're friends on Facebook.

kevin_

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3065 on: October 26, 2009, 12:02:38 AM »
out of nowhere i find myself saying to myself: "did his name end in a vowel?"

hahaha. hahahahahaha.

JBillington

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3066 on: October 26, 2009, 03:24:06 PM »
Not sure if this is mentioned elsewhere, but I've only just got round to listening to it. Tom is on (most of) this week's Encore presentation of Seven Second Delay. He co-hosts from about 20 mins in, and calls in earlier. It's good. From November 2000.

Pastor Josh

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3067 on: October 28, 2009, 01:48:51 AM »
"I could pay you in kisses."  Horrifying, sad, and funny.  Everything I want in my light entertainments.
Who I don't have chocolate?

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3068 on: October 28, 2009, 06:39:53 AM »
Maybe not my absolute favorite moment, but I love it whenever a clueless listener stumbles onto the show and requests a song.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3069 on: October 28, 2009, 06:55:10 AM »
Maybe not my absolute favorite moment, but I love it whenever a clueless listener stumbles onto the show and requests a song.

I'm listening to the archive now, and that killed me. I love when that happens. "Ringtones"?

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3070 on: October 28, 2009, 08:59:15 AM »

I'm listening to the archive now, and that killed me. I love when that happens. "Ringtones"?

I concur.  I laughed so hard.  She was so cute, too.  Oh, well...
Doing it Mentos style.

ScottP

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3071 on: October 28, 2009, 10:26:09 AM »

Agreed. Tom's "now that makes it not fun anymore" after she revealed it was her dad's record was great.

Top notch PBR call too. The Peter Brady / decapitation talk killed me...

scratchbomb

« Reply #3072 on: October 28, 2009, 11:24:23 AM »

Agreed. Tom's "now that makes it not fun anymore" after she revealed it was her dad's record was great.

Top notch PBR call too. The Peter Brady / decapitation talk killed me...

Sounded like it killed PBR too. He could not keep a straight face (voice?).
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

Pastor Josh

« Reply #3073 on: October 28, 2009, 11:31:01 AM »
Great PBR call.  When he said Johnny Bravo, I thought Cartoon Network.  I had no idea there was so much history there!
Who I don't have chocolate?

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3074 on: October 28, 2009, 11:38:10 AM »

I was chuckling but as soon as I heard Tom mumble that I lost it.

"I could pay you in kisses."  Horrifying, sad, and funny.  Everything I want in my light entertainments.

She wasn't even saying it in a real suggestive way or anything, it was like "hey, that's pretty much all I can offer you buddy", which almost made it creepier.  It's pretty much the last thing in the world I would've wanted from this leathery woman missing most of her front teeth.

A sidenote to that story that made me laugh - My girlfriend was telling her grandma (a little 80 year old Vietnamese lady) about what happened to me and her first reaction was "why didn't he stop and get her some money?" like it would've been a perfectly reasonable thing for me to do in that situation.