Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2777813 times)

jbissell

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #3105 on: October 30, 2009, 12:42:15 PM »
I like Hardwick and Hard n Phirm. He's pretty funny and a super nice guy.

So disturbed I recognized his name as the guy that co-hosted Singled Out.

Yeah, when I first came across him as a comedian I couldn't believe it was the same guy.

He threw all southerners under the bus on the Jesse Thorpe show recently, arguing that southerners were incapable of perceiving sophisticated nuance in film. Nice guy or not, you don't say that stuff about any large group of people unless it's clear you're joking. Fucker. And Jesse Thorpe just let it go.

When was he on recently?

Yeah, he does the make fun of the south thing, which doesn't always crack me up because it comes off as an easy joke but it doesn't really bother me much either. I've always assumed it's said in jest because he talks plenty about his dad being a pro bowler and he grew up in Memphis.

todd

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3106 on: October 30, 2009, 12:58:41 PM »
Two things:

1) Chris Hardwick was too dickless to stand up to Adam Carolla when Carolla went on one of his "who cares about torture, those people smell bad and they deserve it" rants. He is a legitimately funny dude, but that really pissed me off.
2) He's right about the south.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3107 on: October 30, 2009, 12:59:49 PM »
Hardwick throwing The South under the bus was on TSOYA Live - 6/24 from MaxFunCon. Put me off him, too, Dave. And I'm a Redcoat!
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3108 on: October 30, 2009, 01:10:00 PM »
"New Port Sexy."

"What?"

"New Port Ritchey."

Wonderful, Fredericks.

If Fredericks doesn't win caller of the year I will be very surprised/not at all surprised.  But seriously, he's been bringing some great calls this year.

Best moment of this week's show:
The return of Philly Boy Roy which I took as a sign that nem Phillies would win game 1... and then they did!!!
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

jbissell

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3109 on: October 30, 2009, 01:11:55 PM »
Hardwick throwing The South under the bus was on TSOYA Live - 6/24 from MaxFunCon. Put me off him, too, Dave. And I'm a Redcoat!

I was there and I'll still think it's mostly in jest, although I'm sure there are some genuine bad feelings. Cross does the same thing.  I think it has more to do with feeling like you don't fit in in a certain place and for whatever reason it's the South that gets it the most.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3110 on: October 30, 2009, 01:31:13 PM »
That Adam Carolla sure needs to work out his bad feelings toward the people of Mexico.

Enough negativity. I loved Tom's story about the concert. 'Winning a Grammy just doesn't mean what it used to!'

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3111 on: October 30, 2009, 01:35:13 PM »
 I think it has more to do with feeling like you don't fit in in a certain place...

I felt horribly out of place in Normal, Illinois.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Pastor Josh

« Reply #3112 on: October 30, 2009, 02:00:57 PM »
 I think it has more to do with feeling like you don't fit in in a certain place...

You should have crossed the line into Bloomington, then.  That's where all the happy freaks are.
Who I don't have chocolate?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3113 on: October 30, 2009, 02:10:08 PM »

You should have crossed the line into Bloomington, then.  That's where all the happy freaks are.

Next time. I guess.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3114 on: October 31, 2009, 04:22:24 AM »

I was there and I'll still think it's mostly in jest, although I'm sure there are some genuine bad feelings. Cross does the same thing.  I think it has more to do with feeling like you don't fit in in a certain place and for whatever reason it's the South that gets it the most.

But he grew up in Memphis.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3115 on: October 31, 2009, 10:10:51 AM »
Mighty Joe Mike.

I liked 'Mike as reluctant leader of the Bad News Bears of cults'

'I feel good!'

hugman

« Reply #3116 on: October 31, 2009, 11:02:47 AM »
tom's cavalcade of impressions was just delightful. his jeff garlin was awesome.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3117 on: November 03, 2009, 10:42:33 PM »
Jen Kirkman's husband getting heave-ho'd.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Keith Whitener

« Reply #3118 on: November 04, 2009, 12:05:30 AM »
I think Hardwick is great!

I didn't get to finish my story, so here's what happened:

I caught the barber heading out the door. Youngish-guy. Late 20's, possibly early 30's. He's carrying an empty jug of wine and a half eaten sandwich. He was likely cleaning up since he didn't seem drunk. He sits me down and starts asking questions. I tell him I'm a philosophy/English major. He asks if I like to get high and read Hemingway. I say, "No," telling him pot makes me anxious, so I don't use it. (Also, that sounds like a really frustrating experience!) Then he starts talking. A LOT. With no room for me to jump in. He's pretty much Tucker Max and I'm caught in a story that would have Mike giving the heave-ho. Apparently he writes "emails that are eight to ten pages long" about his "adventures". And while this is all happening, he buzzes my eye brows without asking!

Oh, and now I'm on the mailing list.

Wes

« Reply #3119 on: November 04, 2009, 08:57:55 AM »
I think Hardwick is great!

I didn't get to finish my story, so here's what happened:

I caught the barber heading out the door. Youngish-guy. Late 20's, possibly early 30's. He's carrying an empty jug of wine and a half eaten sandwich. He was likely cleaning up since he didn't seem drunk. He sits me down and starts asking questions. I tell him I'm a philosophy/English major. He asks if I like to get high and read Hemingway. I say, "No," telling him pot makes me anxious, so I don't use it. (Also, that sounds like a really frustrating experience!) Then he starts talking. A LOT. With no room for me to jump in. He's pretty much Tucker Max and I'm caught in a story that would have Mike giving the heave-ho. Apparently he writes "emails that are eight to ten pages long" about his "adventures". And while this is all happening, he buzzes my eye brows without asking!

Oh, and now I'm on the mailing list.

Look, I'm sorry man, but you can't tell a story like this and not review the other half of the barber's sandwich.
This may be the year I will disappear.