Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778547 times)

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #3180 on: November 11, 2009, 10:45:41 AM »
Wes from the chat:

[Wes] 7:31 pm: I wish Mike had a show where he'd take a bunch of 8-13 year olds out into a
muddy field and sit there in a beach chair, drinking, while they had to go dig holes.

Sublime.

We're doing that play very soon.  Mike should come down to KY for auditions.
Doing it Mentos style.

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3181 on: November 11, 2009, 12:22:25 PM »
I wasn't feeling well so I didn't get to listen to the whole thing last night, but Tom's delight at Spike's sad confession was an obvious early highlight.

The confession made me sad - we only got to hear one story. 

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3182 on: November 11, 2009, 12:25:19 PM »
I wasn't feeling well so I didn't get to listen to the whole thing last night, but Tom's delight at Spike's sad confession was an obvious early highlight.

I've come to believe that is the only story he has in him.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

KickTheBobo

« Reply #3183 on: November 11, 2009, 01:09:51 PM »

Wes from the chat:

[Wes] 7:31 pm: I wish Mike had a show where he'd take a bunch of 8-13 year olds out into a
muddy field and sit there in a beach chair, drinking, while they had to go dig holes.

Sublime.

I think it may have been Regular Joe (correct me if I'm wrong) who gave this show the simple, yet elegant title: Camp Hole.

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3184 on: November 11, 2009, 01:16:52 PM »
That Andrew WK sure is a pleasant fellow. He wouldn't say a bad word about anybody. Including Shaggy 2 Dope and Karl Rove!
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #3185 on: November 11, 2009, 03:04:08 PM »
Showroom dummies.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3186 on: November 11, 2009, 09:00:14 PM »
Now I kinda wish the ICP had been around back then to have guest starred on Alice. I figure Mel could have made a deal to replace their RC Cola with Faygo on tap, leading Vera to discover their music and become a fan, constantly playing them in the diner. An annoyed Mel would constantly yell "Turn that garbage down, dingbat!" and always seem to be on the verge of severe physical violence, as usual. Then the Insane Clown Posse could have gotten word that Mel was treating a ninjette poorly, so they would have shown up, set one of the diner's tables on fire and thrown Mel through it, then maybe spray down the whole diner in Faygo.

How was KISS never on Alice? There could have been plenty of Gene/Flo innuendo and Linda Lavin could have done a duet of "I Was Made For Loving You" with Paul. And then Gene could have hired her to take over the role of The Catman for the rest of the tour, while Peter could have taken over her job at the diner.

2009 Gene Simmons would have had 1977 KISS on a lot more shows.  He was still learning back then.

I'm thinking Barney Miller, for some reason.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

scratchbomb

« Reply #3187 on: November 11, 2009, 11:17:24 PM »
Now I kinda wish the ICP had been around back then to have guest starred on Alice. I figure Mel could have made a deal to replace their RC Cola with Faygo on tap, leading Vera to discover their music and become a fan, constantly playing them in the diner. An annoyed Mel would constantly yell "Turn that garbage down, dingbat!" and always seem to be on the verge of severe physical violence, as usual. Then the Insane Clown Posse could have gotten word that Mel was treating a ninjette poorly, so they would have shown up, set one of the diner's tables on fire and thrown Mel through it, then maybe spray down the whole diner in Faygo.

How was KISS never on Alice? There could have been plenty of Gene/Flo innuendo and Linda Lavin could have done a duet of "I Was Made For Loving You" with Paul. And then Gene could have hired her to take over the role of The Catman for the rest of the tour, while Peter could have taken over her job at the diner.

2009 Gene Simmons would have had 1977 KISS on a lot more shows.  He was still learning back then.

I'm thinking Barney Miller, for some reason.

Gene got a bit gunshy after KISS had that controversial guest spot in "Roots"
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3188 on: November 12, 2009, 09:32:05 AM »

I've come to believe that is the only story he has in him.

Absolutely wrong, Pets.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3189 on: November 12, 2009, 02:01:51 PM »
This weeks had dozens of funny moments, but oftentimes my favorite moments are the little throwaways; this week Andrew WK got in on the action;

Tom: We're going to take a couple more calls, then we'll get Mike in the studio with us.

AndrewWK: OH jeez

(and almost under his breath)

Kim Kelly

« Reply #3190 on: November 12, 2009, 03:02:33 PM »
I loved that too, Dave! That "Oh jeez" could not have been more perfect.
Too soon?

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3191 on: November 12, 2009, 03:57:40 PM »

Wes from the chat:

Sublime.

I think it may have been Regular Joe (correct me if I'm wrong) who gave this show the simple, yet elegant title: Camp Hole.

My suggestion was Hole Camp, but I gotta say, Camp Hole is WAY catchier.

Kim Kelly

« Reply #3192 on: November 12, 2009, 06:05:05 PM »

Wes from the chat:

Sublime.

A++ I would watch this over Kid Nation. Jeff Zucker, are you listening?
Too soon?

roubaix

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3193 on: November 12, 2009, 06:27:36 PM »
AWK sees Obsessed as a show about people who are really passionate about something

MattJohnson

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3194 on: November 13, 2009, 01:37:09 AM »
Spike confessing that his book was fake, and Tom's subsequent reaction, was the best thing I have ever heard in my life. It frustrates me that I would never be able to describe it to another person, because the experience of listening to Spike's madness over the years is integral to its greatness.