Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778089 times)

AllisonLeGnome

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #3210 on: November 16, 2009, 10:48:33 PM »
For the first time in a while, I'm at least in the middle of one week's podcast before the next show (hence my lack of posting)- Spike's admission was an amazing moment. I wouldn't have been surprised if Tom had somehow wrung the truth out of him, but that quiet confession...

Sarah

« Reply #3211 on: November 17, 2009, 09:05:04 AM »
Yeah, but he gave himself an out.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #3212 on: November 17, 2009, 09:34:12 AM »
Yeah, but he gave himself an out.

I think Tom gave it to him.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Sarah

« Reply #3213 on: November 17, 2009, 09:40:31 AM »
I'm talking about the way Spike said, "For the sake of conversation, let's say this book does not exist."  I guarantee that if pressed he would insist he never admitted that the book isn't real.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #3214 on: November 17, 2009, 09:46:40 AM »
I'm talking about the way Spike said, "For the sake of conversation, let's say this book does not exist."  I guarantee that if pressed he would insist he never admitted that the book isn't real.

I might be remembering it wrong but I thought Tom prompted it by feeding him the line. I also think we might be talking about the same thing so I'm gonna shut it!

Sarah

« Reply #3215 on: November 17, 2009, 09:55:46 AM »
Hell, I could be wrong.  But it seemed to me Tom made the offer--admit the book isn't real and we'll never speak of it again--and Spike, after much hemming and hawing, rather Jesuitically said what he said.  If the book does come up again, he will be able to claim, truthfully, that he never said unequivocally that it doesn't exist.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #3216 on: November 17, 2009, 09:57:42 AM »
Hell, I could be wrong.  But it seemed to me Tom made the offer--admit the book isn't real and we'll never speak of it again--and Spike, after much hemming and hawing, rather Jesuitically said what he said.  If the book does come up again, he will be able to claim, truthfully, that he never said unequivocally that it doesn't exist.

I don't remember exactly either! It had to come to an end somehow. I can't wait to hear Spike's next call.

Sarah

« Reply #3217 on: November 17, 2009, 10:00:42 AM »
I listened to the show for the first time yesterday and replayed the salient segment this morning, so I'm certain of the words; I'm just acknowledging I could have read more into them than was there.

joe

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3218 on: November 17, 2009, 10:52:30 AM »
I agree with your reading, Sarah.  I didn't take it as a real admission that the book doesn't exist.  It seemed to me that he was just saying that to move the conversation along and wanted that to be clear before he admitted anything.  Weirdos Exposed lives!

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #3219 on: November 17, 2009, 11:21:31 AM »
I agree with your reading, Sarah.  I didn't take it as a real admission that the book doesn't exist.  It seemed to me that he was just saying that to move the conversation along and wanted that to be clear before he admitted anything.  Weirdos Exposed lives!

Yep you guys are right ... Tom was trying to get him to say it didn't exist, but I could have sworn Tom also said "Say 'for the sake of this conversation' " & then Spike repeated ... etc etc. I added a line to the podcast in my mind!

Sarah

« Reply #3220 on: November 17, 2009, 11:33:18 AM »
It was kind of you, AC.  You made Spike seem a little less pathetic.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #3221 on: November 17, 2009, 11:38:03 AM »
It was kind of you, AC.  You made Spike seem a little less pathetic.

heh - maybe a granule less?

Sarah

« Reply #3222 on: November 17, 2009, 01:02:38 PM »
Every little, little bit helps.

Steeley Chris

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3223 on: November 17, 2009, 07:30:10 PM »
I saw the video that Tom was referring to - AWK get pelting in the head by Juggelo bottles - and he didn't say a bad word about any of it, in spite of Tom's baiting ( and he WAS BAITING!). I was impressed. He is a solid dude. I can only aspire to have half of his respect for humanity.
"Dad gets mad."

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3224 on: November 17, 2009, 07:32:53 PM »
I saw the video that Tom was referring to - AWK get pelting in the head by Juggelo bottles - and he didn't say a bad word about any of it, in spite of Tom's baiting ( and he WAS BAITING!). I was impressed. He is a solid dude. I can only aspire to have half of his respect for humanity.

I was impressed by the accuracy of Andy's punches.  He nailed quite a few bottles in the short time I viewed the video.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."