Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2779305 times)

Steeley Chris

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #3225 on: November 17, 2009, 09:45:26 PM »
I saw the video that Tom was referring to - AWK get pelting in the head by Juggelo bottles - and he didn't say a bad word about any of it, in spite of Tom's baiting ( and he WAS BAITING!). I was impressed. He is a solid dude. I can only aspire to have half of his respect for humanity.

I was impressed by the accuracy of Andy's punches.  He nailed quite a few bottles in the short time I viewed the video.
Yeah, that was impressive.
"Dad gets mad."

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3226 on: November 17, 2009, 10:31:49 PM »
"Let's do it for papa."
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3227 on: November 17, 2009, 10:43:42 PM »
"I want to hear from the sex addicts."
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

pizzagratis

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3228 on: November 18, 2009, 06:54:51 AM »

I can't wait to hear Spike's next call.

a first?

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3229 on: November 18, 2009, 07:06:42 AM »
I saw the video that Tom was referring to - AWK get pelting in the head by Juggelo bottles - and he didn't say a bad word about any of it, in spite of Tom's baiting ( and he WAS BAITING!). I was impressed. He is a solid dude. I can only aspire to have half of his respect for humanity.
AWK claims they were cups, and they don't really look like bottles in the video.  I wonder if bottles or cans are even allowed on the Juggalo grounds.  Apparently there's a heavy security check getting into the place.  Just saying because I've seen people get hit in the head by bottles on stage, and they're usually bleeding, or at least unable to finish the song.
veni dixie vici

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3230 on: November 18, 2009, 09:08:09 AM »
Tom's Nardwuar impression was pretty great.
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

scratchbomb

« Reply #3231 on: November 18, 2009, 09:17:28 AM »
Tom's Nardwuar impression was pretty great.

Only criticism: it was about 1/4 as fast as Nardwuar talks. But I think only the real Nardwuar can actually talk that fast. Or maybe John Moschitta.
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3232 on: November 18, 2009, 10:21:55 AM »
I thought last night was so much fun.  I woke up this morning in a great mood.  It felt like we're on Family Feud and Best Show/FOTs were like the first member of the family to go up for the Fast Money round and we got a really good score.  Now, we're just waiting for the other family member to come out from the isolation booth and make it happen. 
Doing it Mentos style.

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #3233 on: November 18, 2009, 11:04:11 AM »
Thanks so much, everybody. You all came through like complete champs and it is appreciated. I cannot believe how generous you guys are.

I will say it more completely on the air this Tuesday but for now all I can do is say an enormous THANK YOU.

Tom.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3234 on: November 18, 2009, 05:04:50 PM »
AWK claims they were cups, and they don't really look like bottles in the video.  I wonder if bottles or cans are even allowed on the Juggalo grounds.  Apparently there's a heavy security check getting into the place.  Just saying because I've seen people get hit in the head by bottles on stage, and they're usually bleeding, or at least unable to finish the song.

I meant plastic soda bottles... like Faygo comes.

Obvious they weren't glass.   
If they were would he have pulled an Iggy move?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #3235 on: November 18, 2009, 05:12:51 PM »
If they were would he have pulled an Iggy move?

Probably not. No one is as feral as Iggy, no one could come close to his insanity. Well maybe GG Allin.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

kiemzi

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3236 on: November 18, 2009, 07:02:02 PM »
my favorite moment from last night was when DJ Terre T said the phone volunteers were "hot broads". i bet those broads were hot.

moonshake

« Reply #3237 on: November 18, 2009, 07:28:53 PM »
Something David Reese said that I caught only on my third listening of that show- "You must never eat this cake. Destroy it."
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3238 on: November 18, 2009, 07:38:59 PM »
my favorite moment from last night was when DJ Terre T said the phone volunteers were "hot broads". i bet those broads were hot.

Smokin' hot.
Doing it Mentos style.

Paul F Tompkins

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3239 on: November 18, 2009, 08:10:22 PM »
Something David Reese said that I caught only on my third listening of that show- "You must never eat this cake. Destroy it."

That was me.