Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778164 times)

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #3540 on: January 20, 2010, 02:47:49 PM »
Mike had a good time out in the phone room, judging by his constant laffing. I enjoyed that.

I always like hearing Mike laff, it's good punctuation, especially on heave hos - I don't always hear  unless I"m listening to the podcast later on thru my headphones.

The show really is better on headphones. Until I started listening on my big over-the-ear headphones I didn't realize that Tom wasn't talking to himself, he was talking to Mike.

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3541 on: January 20, 2010, 04:06:46 PM »
I was fascinated by Fredericks reaching across the aisle to embrace all of puppetkind, wistfully noting that a lack of a bottom half means that puppets "don't have to deal with lust." There may be a future Lighthouse Confessions moment brewing there.

Yeah, fonpr let out a big sigh last night during that call. I'd be interested to know what he was thinking.
Doing it Mentos style.

bonnaventure

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3542 on: January 20, 2010, 07:23:11 PM »
I apologize for my comment regarding Drinnin/Jernin, he's just been blowing it a lot recently and it slipped out, I should know better than to put down fellow FOTs.

Edward J Grug III

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3543 on: January 20, 2010, 07:30:47 PM »
did you draw that?  It's awesome.  I know it shows your support for Wally, but I think that's really great.

Seconded. I like your profile picture, too.

Thanks!

I am an old hand at drawing puppets:

http://www.topshelfcomix.com/ts2.0/love_puppets_ch1/1

And, if anyone's interested, here's one of my current comic projects (no puppets yet, though the writer and I are thinking of building puppets of the characters...):

http://www.gloriousbounty.com/

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3544 on: January 20, 2010, 10:43:31 PM »
Very disappointed with Tom picking the H-Man over Wally. As we have seen there's always a chance for Wally to regain his position as the protege`.

I agree, Raffy.  H-Man seems to have a heavy school load - if and when he does eventually take over the show, can we really trust him to show up every Tues. at 8:00, or will we see a lot of fill-in shows?  Wally, on the other hand (get it?), I mean, what does a puppet have going on?  He probably lounges around all day in his pyjamas.  He may have to get the odd eye sewn on, or maybe the occasional lint brushing, but otherwise... 
veni dixie vici

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3545 on: January 20, 2010, 10:53:53 PM »
Jon Auer was fantastic!  I've loved the Posies for 15 years give or take, and it was tremendous to hear Mr. Auer talking and playing on the air.  I really hope he comes back.

Wally Wackiman was good too.

It was nice that Jon Auer decided to hang out for the duration of the show ... I liked the occasional moments when he'd try and mentally process all the insanity occurring right in front of him. The Wackiman/H-man showdown was great, but Auer's presence made it even better.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Reeleyes

« Reply #3546 on: January 20, 2010, 11:01:09 PM »
Very disappointed with Tom picking the H-Man over Wally. As we have seen there's always a chance for Wally to regain his position as the protege`.

I agree, Raffy.  H-Man seems to have a heavy school load - if and when he does eventually take over the show, can we really trust him to show up every Tues. at 8:00, or will we see a lot of fill-in shows?  Wally, on the other hand (get it?), I mean, what does a puppet have going on?  He probably lounges around all day in his pyjamas.  He may have to get the odd eye sewn on, or maybe the occasional lint brushing, but otherwise... 

Hopefully H-man will have a few PhDs by the time Tom decides to give it up.
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.

The H-Man

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3547 on: January 20, 2010, 11:26:25 PM »

Hopefully H-man will have a few PhDs by the time Tom decides to give it up.

Yeah, Tom's not going to be leaving the show anytime soon.  Also, I'm already in my second semester of my junior year, so after a year and a half, i'll be out of college and won't have a "heavy school load."
"...Roddy's brother Buddy, he's got a buddy, that works at the 5 and dime, who's Uncle Ron runs a recording studio.  Rod shows up with his six-stringed friend, and a head full of tunes.  Laid down some tracks, and the tape burned like Rock n' Roll fire..."   -Gas Station Dogs

orator

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3548 on: January 21, 2010, 03:43:23 AM »
I loved Tom's whole critique.

"SHUT UP!"
"Come partake of my fruit baskets."

todd

« Reply #3549 on: January 21, 2010, 09:32:15 AM »
BEST: Tom yelling SHUT UP.

WORST: Bonaventure, that sack of pig shit, calling out Jurnin. Jurnin has called the show 25 times and never completed a thought. I find this hilarious. What's Bonaventure done, huh? HUH?

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3550 on: January 21, 2010, 12:38:25 PM »
 Thank goodness. The human being won out over the puppet. It is the way it should be. It is unfortunate I fell asleep during the H-Man segment. I'm five years away from being elderly. I don't have that kind of energy anymore.      

MY 100TH POST, MY PETS.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3551 on: January 21, 2010, 12:50:02 PM »
Thank goodness. The human being won out over the puppet. It is the way it should be. It is unfortunate I fell asleep during the H-Man segment. I'm five years away from being elderly. I don't that kind of energy anymore.      

MY 100TH POST, MY PETS.

You don't what that kind of energy, Spike?

Pat K

« Reply #3552 on: January 21, 2010, 01:23:37 PM »
Thank goodness. The human being won out over the puppet. It is the way it should be. It is unfortunate I fell asleep during the H-Man segment. I'm five years away from being elderly. I don't have that kind of energy anymore.      

MY 100TH POST, MY PETS.

But Spike, you're aware that the H-Man is (I'm guessing?) under 25? Does this mean that you're granting an exception to your "children under 25" rule in his case?
I'm warning you with peace and love.

Spike

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3553 on: January 21, 2010, 01:49:18 PM »

MY 100TH POST, MY PETS.

But Spike, you're aware that the H-Man is (I'm guessing?) under 25? Does this mean that you're granting an exception to your "children under 25" rule in his case?

Not really. H-Man has to be properly supervised, as all children should be, until he turns 25. When he turns 25, then he can take over.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 25 SHOULD NEVER BE SEEN NOR HEARD.

Reeleyes

« Reply #3554 on: January 21, 2010, 01:54:37 PM »

MY 100TH POST, MY PETS.

Not really. H-Man has to be properly supervised, as all children should be, until he turns 25. When he turns 25, then he can take over.

Is this from the new book you're working on 'Way of the Spike'?
You look like a really healthy Arthy Lang.