Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778524 times)

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #3840 on: March 04, 2010, 10:41:21 PM »
found this on yonder youtubes

I loved that "One Polaroid a Day" song ... if the whole record is like that, Tom was right - it is kinda like everything TL is about, crystallized. I'm glad I got to meet the guy!
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

not that clay

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3841 on: March 04, 2010, 11:22:07 PM »
I've listened to "Bottled in Cork" six times today and I'm going to play it again right now.

Tom Scharpling

• I RUN THIS.
« Reply #3842 on: March 04, 2010, 11:28:43 PM »
Everybody pledge what they can pledge. That's all I've ever asked for, and I am eternally grateful for everybody who steps up and does what they can do.

Thanks to all those who pledged on Tuesday! We're gonna do it one more time next week. It should be another fun show - people are being lined up AS WE SPEAK.

Tom.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3843 on: March 04, 2010, 11:57:32 PM »
Hatch uploaded that, at least I think so, the uploader's called thedailycrosshatch. He posted a whole bunch of clips from Tuesday's goings-on.

Thanks! Some amazing things in there.

"Handle Me With Care":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMjt4f_uY2s

Very glad to find this online ... when I was listening to the marathon show on the archive, it cut out after the first verse ... so it's awesome to hear and see the whole thing online. And Bryce's tye-dye. And Mike with "Horny" around his neck. GREATNESS, all around. Thanks, Hatch!!
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Nonna

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3844 on: March 05, 2010, 12:11:16 PM »
Aaaay! Encore! APMike's got that Orbison sexiness goin' on.

Defining Moment: Orbison: "I'm so tired of being lonely, I still have some love to give, won't you show me that you really care?"

i ain't no horseface...

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3845 on: March 07, 2010, 07:53:06 AM »
Oh, my Lord, those videos are incredible.
Doing it Mentos style.

herbsweal

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3846 on: March 07, 2010, 06:40:52 PM »
Awesome show. It's hard to pick a best moment but I'd probably have to go with the Bryce/Ted We Built This City duet. The closing rendition of Handle With Care comes close though. Looking forward to Tuesday!

bmills

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3847 on: March 08, 2010, 02:27:49 PM »
Listened to/watched "We Built this City" so many times.

Not suprising I guess but Ted killed and sounded really great. (Though maybe not as good as Mike.)

kevin_

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3848 on: March 08, 2010, 04:28:36 PM »
I'll be pledging tomorrow.

On a semi-related note, is there an episode of the Best Show where Ted Leo performs "Even Heroes Have to Die" acoustic and then has to leave the show maybe an hour or so in? I seem to remember this but I can't recall what date, and I tried searching the archives but I can't find it. Hope I'm not imagining things. Didn't want to make a new thread so maybe someone can answer it for me here. Thanks.

The Brighamist

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3849 on: March 08, 2010, 05:39:16 PM »
I'm questioning whether Hatch is really from Prescott. I lived there for a little while, and everyone pronounces it like it rhymes with biscuit, not ascot.

Steeley Chris

« Reply #3850 on: March 08, 2010, 08:19:01 PM »
I'm questioning whether Hatch is really from Prescott. I lived there for a little while, and everyone pronounces it like it rhymes with biscuit, not ascot.

I can back this up - my in-laws live outside of Sedona, AZ and Prescott is pronounced like "press kit" out there.  ???
"Dad gets mad."

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #3851 on: March 08, 2010, 10:32:19 PM »
What are you guys suggesting? That Hatch is an imposter?!
See God, Kai

mackro

« Reply #3852 on: March 08, 2010, 10:35:29 PM »
A city can have several regional pronunciations.  I don't know anybody who's a native of Puyallup WA who agrees on a common pronunciation of the thing.  They all agree it's not "POO-yah Lup", but that's about it.  Different folks different strokes etc etc

namethebats

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3853 on: March 09, 2010, 01:46:55 PM »
A city can have several regional pronunciations.  I don't know anybody who's a native of Puyallup WA who agrees on a common pronunciation of the thing.  They all agree it's not "POO-yah Lup", but that's about it.  Different folks different strokes etc etc

I always just use the pronounciation from the fair commercials:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NIo-4PPlGg[/youtube]

AlizaEss

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3854 on: March 09, 2010, 11:49:50 PM »
Hatch uploaded that, at least I think so, the uploader's called thedailycrosshatch. He posted a whole bunch of clips from Tuesday's goings-on.

Thanks! Some amazing things in there.

"Handle Me With Care":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMjt4f_uY2s

Very glad to find this online ... when I was listening to the marathon show on the archive, it cut out after the first verse ... so it's awesome to hear and see the whole thing online. And Bryce's tye-dye. And Mike with "Horny" around his neck. GREATNESS, all around. Thanks, Hatch!!

Oh wow, thanks for posting that!

Walking over to my t.v. minutes after the 2nd Best Show marathon night & seeing ICP on Nightline -