Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778106 times)

ScottP

• Policemans heel
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #3855 on: March 10, 2010, 10:26:11 AM »
The whole show was a smash!

I could seriously listen to Patton and Hodgman (and Therese and Tom) try to out-nerd each other all night.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3856 on: March 10, 2010, 12:59:20 PM »
Great show!

But I gotta say, Chris L's incessant talk about Hitler in the chat was sickening.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3857 on: March 10, 2010, 01:27:58 PM »
Great show!

But I gotta say, Chris L's incessant talk about Hitler in the chat was sickening.

That was weeks ago!  You are so sleep-deprived.

Sarah

« Reply #3858 on: March 10, 2010, 02:16:29 PM »
I was charmed by the spec fi contest, especially John Hodgman's uncharacteristic animation and his guilt at having been overtaken by the spirit of competition.

P.S. As I was confirming just now my memory of Majel Barrett playing the second-in-command in the pilot episode of the original Star Trek I learned that she died a couple of years ago.  I also learned today that Robert Parker died a while back.  And now Corey Haim, who remains a teenager in my head though I have seen his melted grownup face as well.  To quote something I wrote to my aunt earlier today, death, death, death.  I'm sick of it.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3859 on: March 10, 2010, 03:54:17 PM »
To quote something I wrote to my aunt earlier today, death, death, death.  I'm sick of it.

This reminds me of something that Swedish author Astrid Lindgren (Pippi Longstocking etc) once said about death being all around us. Whenever she and her sister would call one another on the phone, they would start every conversation by saying: "Death, death, death!" and then move on to more important matters. I always liked that.

LesSavyFan

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3860 on: March 10, 2010, 04:30:24 PM »
So is there any way to hear the last part of the show? The archive cuts off before the big song finale  :(

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3861 on: March 10, 2010, 04:35:04 PM »
Yes! Listen to Evan's show:

http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/ed

LesSavyFan

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3862 on: March 10, 2010, 04:43:08 PM »
Yes! Listen to Evan's show:

http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/ed

Unless Tom & Friends put on one hell of an extraordinary performance of "Don't Take Away The Music" by Tavares Evan's archive doesn't include the last part of TBS.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3863 on: March 10, 2010, 04:58:25 PM »
That's odd, it should. Shows have spilled over in the past.

LesSavyFan

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3864 on: March 10, 2010, 05:02:20 PM »
Yeah it's too bad. I hope someone can hook us up with a full archive. I listened to 2 hours and 50 minutes of the show but had to leave for bowling league before it ended. I was looking forward to hearing the finale song and finding out if I won a signed Monty Python DVD set.

Steeley Chris

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3865 on: March 10, 2010, 05:48:44 PM »
It'll probably be on the podcast. "Handle With Care" was.
"Dad gets mad."

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3866 on: March 10, 2010, 05:49:03 PM »
Yeah it's too bad. I hope someone can hook us up with a full archive. I listened to 2 hours and 50 minutes of the show but had to leave for bowling league before it ended. I was looking forward to hearing the finale song and finding out if I won a signed Monty Python DVD set.

You can hear the song if you listen from here:

This had to be removed as it is not a publicly available link. Sorry.

(This is the archive for Evan's show, so the end of the Best Show is right at the beginning).
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Sarah

« Reply #3867 on: March 10, 2010, 06:24:02 PM »
To quote something I wrote to my aunt earlier today, death, death, death.  I'm sick of it.

This reminds me of something that Swedish author Astrid Lindgren (Pippi Longstocking etc) once said about death being all around us. Whenever she and her sister would call one another on the phone, they would start every conversation by saying: "Death, death, death!" and then move on to more important matters. I always liked that.

Very nice.  (I moved on to talk of the many signs of spring as soon as I wrote that to my aunt.)

LesSavyFan

• Policemans heel
« Reply #3868 on: March 10, 2010, 09:03:49 PM »
Thanks sparks!

nevermind!

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3869 on: March 10, 2010, 09:42:47 PM »
Oops, hope I didn't step on any toes by posting that (now-removed) link above. Sorry about that! Hopefully the finale will be posted as part of the podcast.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.