Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2779604 times)

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #4065 on: April 21, 2010, 12:35:36 PM »
Oh, here's Jackie Vernon -- he usually works blue, but this is sorta what Bob reminded me of:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvjSDeaTUnI[/youtube]

With a little touch of Foster Brooks as well:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_wfssOH9lw&feature=related[/youtube]

It was difficult to stay hard G in mentioning him on the air b/c those guys are usually much dirtier than this - this stuff is from TV I think.

Those old time roasts really show all those comedians in the worst light. Milton Berle in particular.

Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

scratchbomb

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4066 on: April 21, 2010, 02:02:51 PM »
Back from the days when hopeless alcoholism was hilarious!

How/why/who/what/where on earth were these guys roasting Truman Capote?
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

ScottT

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4067 on: April 21, 2010, 04:27:21 PM »
I'm stoked Tom mentioned my book last night!!

And he's right - I inserted a secret "FOT" on the glass front of a pinball machine in the 11th floor apartment in the book.  

I collaborated with two writers, Mac Barnett and Eli Horowitz, in order to create a whodunnit narrative. Beyond fiction, the story enters into the real world in the form of a nation-wide treasure hunt- each drawn page in the book has a secretly coded map which directs adventurous readers to twelve individually buried numerals, 1-12, made of gold and studded with emeralds, created by jeweler Anna Sheffield. They have been buried in holes across the country waiting to be found. Whoever first digs them up gets to keep them. Players and onlookers can follow along with the progress of the hunt on the fictional narrator Gus Twintig's personal blog: gustwintig.com.

Link to the McSweeney's page

Pidgeon

« Reply #4068 on: April 21, 2010, 08:32:15 PM »
Milo's high-pitched, silly giggle that came out of nowhere, and Tom's reaction to it.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4069 on: April 21, 2010, 10:37:35 PM »
"He's real self-depreciating."

Kim Kelly

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4070 on: April 22, 2010, 06:59:09 AM »
Seriously, Bob's entire call. Are we sure he isn't an actor or comedian? And this wasn't planned??
Too soon?

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4071 on: April 22, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »
Seriously, Bob's entire call. Are we sure he isn't an actor or comedian? And this wasn't planned??

I wanna hear more about this NPR show host Greg Kaleer, who also starred in a movie with Merle Creep.
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

mahgeetah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4072 on: April 22, 2010, 02:36:51 PM »
"Wow, Tom Morello was on an album? That guy will play with anybody. Just buy him a sandwich."
I'm in my late 50's.

Senator Gothman (D-OR)

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4073 on: April 22, 2010, 02:51:57 PM »
"Steve Martin...Jr."

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4074 on: April 22, 2010, 09:00:34 PM »
"Nobody offered it to me--I took it!  And how did I take it, Mike?

"What?

"No, not by the horns---Mentos style!"

(Well, it made me laugh pretty hard, just now, on the podcast.)
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

icepants

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4075 on: April 23, 2010, 03:38:22 AM »
I have that itch slightly but I have it more with going to see long movies in the theater. Dekalog and the Bonderchuk War & Peace gave me pancake ass, and yet I'd go see something like those again ... something about them being really crazy to screen makes me go watch them ... kind of the film equivalent of a limited edition record.

Avoid Satantango at all costs, I think it's something like 15 hours?  I tried to make it through but couldn't.  It was so boring a bunch of weird eastern Europeans wondering around in the mud.  There is on shot that's just this pudgy guy staring out a window, this scene was over an hour long.

Additionally my favorite moment from the last show was the spike call, I just love Tom listing the cast of Losers.  This show in total was a highlight.  Tom came up with so many great things on the fly this week. 8)

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4076 on: April 23, 2010, 04:26:15 AM »
Satantango is only nine hours long. Come on!

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #4077 on: April 23, 2010, 06:37:56 AM »
Satantango is only nine hours long. Come on!

See, why do you guys do this to me? I didn't know about this one.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4078 on: April 23, 2010, 06:53:22 AM »
I'm stoked Tom mentioned my book last night!!

And he's right - I inserted a secret "FOT" on the glass front of a pinball machine in the 11th floor apartment in the book.  

I collaborated with two writers, Mac Barnett and Eli Horowitz, in order to create a whodunnit narrative. Beyond fiction, the story enters into the real world in the form of a nation-wide treasure hunt- each drawn page in the book has a secretly coded map which directs adventurous readers to twelve individually buried numerals, 1-12, made of gold and studded with emeralds, created by jeweler Anna Sheffield. They have been buried in holes across the country waiting to be found. Whoever first digs them up gets to keep them. Players and onlookers can follow along with the progress of the hunt on the fictional narrator Gus Twintig's personal blog: gustwintig.com.

Link to the McSweeney's page

You're saying I could really travel to these places and find the golden numbers?  That's awesome!
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Sarah

« Reply #4079 on: April 23, 2010, 07:16:43 AM »
ScottT, do you know Kit Williams's Masquerade