Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778494 times)

ben

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #4275 on: June 09, 2010, 01:31:55 AM »
Milo was great tonight, as always.  Front runner for best caller in the next award season. 
Sounds like someone was working as a conduit for nature's natural vengeance.  Just like Jesus.  And some of the others.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4276 on: June 09, 2010, 09:40:49 AM »
Worst moment: I should know better than to wait on hold when the show goes seven minutes over.  But I had waited on hold for a solid half-hour and became overly determined.  By the time I was on, I did not even have time to say "Certify Paul F Tompkins on Twitter" before Tom cut me off. Ugh.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Paul DePhiladelphia

« Reply #4277 on: June 09, 2010, 10:12:19 AM »
I LOL'd at the various promos Tom did at the beginning of the show. "Watch our friend AP Mike as he moves on to greener pastures."

mackro

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4278 on: June 09, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
Tom doing "HAW HAW HAW good one" awkwarding out Evan (not the Funk Davies)

robertc

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4279 on: June 09, 2010, 03:40:40 PM »
Worst moment: I should know better than to wait on hold when the show goes seven minutes over.  But I had waited on hold for a solid half-hour and became overly determined.  By the time I was on, I did not even have time to say "Certify Paul F Tompkins on Twitter" before Tom cut me off. Ugh.
Maybe you weren't crazy about it, but that was one of the better moments of the night. I'd be proud if I were you.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #4280 on: June 09, 2010, 06:10:16 PM »

Me too ... I almost hung up once I realized it was not in the cards. I also had already called in, which means I'm basically being an a-hole. But I got this bug up my butt to talk about Larry Siegel and I didn't want to let it go.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4281 on: June 09, 2010, 06:35:29 PM »

Me too ... I almost hung up once I realized it was not in the cards. I also had already called in, which means I'm basically being an a-hole. But I got this bug up my butt to talk about Larry Siegel and I didn't want to let it go.

Oh I know that feeling. Suffice it to say you did fine! And your awareness of the double-dip and the fact that you mentioned it in your second call went a long way.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Mr. Science

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4282 on: June 10, 2010, 02:05:45 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cTH4LQ9RuY[/youtube]

the set jen was talking about

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4283 on: June 10, 2010, 03:09:35 AM »
Fredericks was blowing my mind with his tales of wildcat camping near SINKHOLES. Sinkholes which are also lakes. And the sinkhole/lakes are stocked with fish. And the stocking  is being carried out by BIRDS dropping fish into the lake.

The word "sinkhole" got me to thinking that there's a real spiritual connection between the townships of New Port Richey, FL and Newbridge, NJ. Also, all the crazy police-blotter stories coming out of New Port Richey have a sort of Newbridgian tone to them .
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4284 on: June 10, 2010, 06:54:44 AM »
All that comic talk made me wish this guy would call up.

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4285 on: June 10, 2010, 08:06:03 AM »
Fredericks was blowing my mind with his tales of wildcat camping near SINKHOLES. Sinkholes which are also lakes. And the sinkhole/lakes are stocked with fish. And the stocking  is being carried out by BIRDS dropping fish into the lake.

The word "sinkhole" got me to thinking that there's a real spiritual connection between the townships of New Port Richey, FL and Newbridge, NJ. Also, all the crazy police-blotter stories coming out of New Port Richey have a sort of Newbridgian tone to them .

Made me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQITWbAaDx0

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4286 on: June 10, 2010, 10:26:24 AM »
SINKHOLES. Sinkholes which are also lakes. And the sinkhole/lakes are stocked with fish.
The word "sinkhole" got me to thinking.

My mind was blown when I was trying to relax after the show by listening to the most recent episode of The Skeptic's Guide To The Universe and what did they do a feature on?  Damn right!  The different types of sinkholes.  I sat bolt upright in bed,  shook my head furiously and fell backward and didn't move again for the rest of the night.

Synchronicity will do that to you sometimes.

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated occurring together in a meaningful manner.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

The Brighamist

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4287 on: June 10, 2010, 01:43:50 PM »
Tom hanging up on Willy Wonka.

Looks like the Black Hollies weren't big enough for Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Hollies

DS1077

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4288 on: June 10, 2010, 03:31:22 PM »
Best moment: Jen Kirkman being so instantly and entirely baffled by Fredericks.
Worst moment: The sinking realization that I understood exactly what Fredericks was trying to say.

See, Kirkman said "He's like a sports guy, so I'd hope he'd throw well".  But Bruce Jenner?  Also like a sports guy, and just said he did NOT throw well.  So when he made that face, it was probably because of her comments about sports guys.  Which I'm pretty sure is what Fredericks meant.

Senator Gothman (D-OR)

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4289 on: June 10, 2010, 03:42:10 PM »
Frankly, I'm just surprised Bruce Jenner can make a face at all.  (Sports guy or no.)