Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2778887 times)

Chris L

• Space Champion!
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #4350 on: June 16, 2010, 03:13:15 PM »
"Cocaine? No. Tissues."

scratchbomb

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4351 on: June 16, 2010, 03:15:01 PM »
Listened to the show again today at work to hear my call again, because I am vain and shallow, and I remembered that I hate the sound of my voice. I know everyone thinks that, but I feel like there's a wide gulf between what I think my voice sounds like and what it really sounds like.

That's probably why I do "voices" all the time. Does Frank Caliendo also hate his real voice?
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

betheboy

« Reply #4352 on: June 16, 2010, 04:04:38 PM »
Listened to the show again today at work to hear my call again, because I am vain and shallow, and I remembered that I hate the sound of my voice. I know everyone thinks that, but I feel like there's a wide gulf between what I think my voice sounds like and what it really sounds like.

That's probably why I do "voices" all the time. Does Frank Caliendo also hate his real voice?

Don't be hard on yourself it may be your phone. Your voice sounds deeper in person than it has on your calls.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4353 on: June 16, 2010, 04:26:14 PM »
Next time, I'm just writing everything out beforehand like Patton Oswalt did in 'Big Fan'. I really should have known better. The walkie-talkie analogy is a good one.

Also thanks, badgrammer, and I think you've done well, never fear.

I edited Steve's post:

badgrammer, I think you've done well

Steve got it close except we know not think.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

scratchbomb

« Reply #4354 on: June 16, 2010, 04:47:40 PM »

Don't be hard on yourself it may be your phone. Your voice sounds deeper in person than it has on your calls.

maybe i need a voice modulator. does anyone know where to get one?
scratchbomb.com: a potentially explosive collection of verbal irritants

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4355 on: June 16, 2010, 05:11:31 PM »

i was definitely surprised to hear what i sound like considering i only ever hear it in my head. 

oh, and my laugh...ew brother.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #4356 on: June 16, 2010, 05:14:35 PM »
Also love the Vice magazine stuff where the writers are like some kind of fast-talkin' Winchell type by the name of Biff Biffington.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Kiwi_Herman

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4357 on: June 16, 2010, 06:19:46 PM »
Badgrammer you're doing fine. It's great to see someone so enthusiastic, its infectious.

The Best Show is on a real roll lately.

Favourite moment. Just the constant laughter throught the show from Paul and Tom.

Worst moment of every show: Seeing Spike get more and more Desperate.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4358 on: June 16, 2010, 06:45:55 PM »
Favourite moment. Just the constant laughter throughout the show from Paul and Tom.

every time Paul is on i know things are going to get goofy.  it's absolutely contagious.

not that clay

« Reply #4359 on: June 16, 2010, 06:51:52 PM »

Who were you? I might have missed you.

Last night's show was insanely good. Milo's call was one of my favorites ever ("What?!").

The calls from the last two shows have been the best all year. Yay everybody!

Senator Gothman (D-OR)

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4360 on: June 16, 2010, 09:39:47 PM »
BEST Best Show - ALL FIVES.

ScottP

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4361 on: June 16, 2010, 10:08:11 PM »
A ton of great moments last night. Here's a couple I loved:

PFT: "...Wally Wackiman you're nice enough to adjust the Z-Man's shirt with your mouth."

And Tom's low-key reference to Bob Nelson's Brain Donors was great.

The H-Man

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4362 on: June 17, 2010, 01:15:16 AM »
Last night's show was one of the best things of the summer.  so much fun.  I had an absolute blast.  Paul F. Tompkins is a gentleman and a scholar, and a great person to be in the same room with, as well as Tom of course and the Z-Man and Wally.  Last night's show couldn't have been better.  It was so hard to get through some parts because I was laughing so hard.  Congratulations to those of you who made their on air call debuts last night, and all of the weird calls were truly hilarious. 
"...Roddy's brother Buddy, he's got a buddy, that works at the 5 and dime, who's Uncle Ron runs a recording studio.  Rod shows up with his six-stringed friend, and a head full of tunes.  Laid down some tracks, and the tape burned like Rock n' Roll fire..."   -Gas Station Dogs

mackro

« Reply #4363 on: June 17, 2010, 02:15:39 AM »
Who was the fancy guy from Philly that wasn't PBR?

My fave moment was probably Tom's long pause after that guy had this moment in the spotlight... then saying "Well, thanks for the call."   "So was I the mean guy, or was I the victim?" Paul on the floor laughing.

Paul DePhiladelphia

« Reply #4364 on: June 17, 2010, 05:49:18 AM »
Tom: "See that's just the magic of comedy. I don't study it."